650 users online (76 members and 574 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Brooklyn, WhtFem Skeletal 533UFIL, 18-30, in woods near railyard, Jan'06

http://www.belleville.com/mld/bellev...s/13692430.htm

The remains appear to be those of a person who has been dead more than a year, but age, sex and gender are yet to be determined.

Illinois State Police Lt. Greg Fernandez said the remains are not those of 19-year-old Anquiette Parker, who disappeared Nov. 6 with her 4-year-old cousin, Cermen "C.J." Toney, who Parker was babysitting.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-28-2013 at 05:41 PM.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument

Human bones, believed to be those of a female, were found Saturday afternoon in a wooded area along Illinois Route 3 just south of Brooklyn, authorities said.

IL - UID found in Brooklyn, 21 Jan 2006

The Doe Network:
    Case File 533UFIL

http://doenetwork.org/cases/533ufil.html

Unidentified White Female
    The victim was discovered on January 21, 2006 in Brooklyn, Schuyler County, Illinois
    Estimated Date of Death: More than two years
    Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 18-25 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 0" - 5' 5".
    Distinguishing Characteristics: She may have Hispanic traits. Found near the remains is what appears to be a colostomy bag.

Case History
    The victim was located by hunters on Norfolk and Southern railroad property in the 100 block of West St. Clair Avenue in Brooklyn, Illinois on January 21, 2006.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-28-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Name:Cynthia Louise Day
    Classification:Endangered Missing Adult
    Alias / Nickname:Peaches
    Date of Birth:1952-11-11
    Date Missing:1990-08-10
    From City/State:Fairmont City, IL
    Missing From (Country):USA
    Age at Time of Disappearance:37
    Race:White
    Height:62 inches
    Weight:130 pounds
    Hair Color:Black
    Eye Color:Blue
    Complexion:Light
    Identifying Characteristics:Missing left canine tooth, hysterectomy scar, pierced ears, previously fractured pelvic bone, scar above lip.
    Circumstances of Disappearance:Unknown. Cynthia was last seen in the vicinity of the 100 block of St. Clair Ave. in Fairmont City, IL.
    Investigative Agency:East St. Louis Police Department
    Phone:(618) 482-6724
    Investigative Case #:ES-04-06787
    NCIC #:M-424585051

I was browsing missing people from IL on theyaremissed.org, and when I started reading Cynthia's page something just clicked. The place she was last seen.... I had seen a DoeNetwork page that said the UID was found near a street with the same name. The citys were different though...the UID in Brooklyn IL and Cynthia in Fairmont IL. So I google mapped it.... It's the same street! Not only that, but it's the same block!

http://www.google.com/maps Should take you to a google map of the area. You can see just how close Brooklyn IL is to Fairmont IL.
    Last edited by Sable; 04-19-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Add picture of Cynthia

Just in case anyone is wondering, Route 3 is the same as St.Clair Ave.

I remember reading about a case- where the lady was supposedly driving with relatives a husband and an aunt or cousin and went missing after their car broke down. I remember she had a colostomy bag. And it seems like she was either Hispanic of native American.
    I am going to check and see what I can find out.
    Does anyone else remeber this??

Ok found it .
    It is on here under Missing But Not Forgotten.
    Rhonda went missing from Alberta canada, so it's way off.
    http://www.geocities.com/missingrhondarunningbird
    The colostomy bag just stuck out in my head.

Brooklyn Township is in Schuyler

Brooklyn Township is in Schuyler County, not Brooklyn. I have hunted all over that area for over 30 years & hadn't heard about this. There is a lot of open farm ground but a lot of the terrain is very rugged to say the least. If someone would dump a body in that area, I believe it would be a local person & the victim would have been missed & searched for. The county roads wind everywhere & you really need to know where you are driving. I believe this is really Brooklyn, Illinois in St. Clair County hence the street address. Brooklyn is down by St. Louis where it would make more sense for an unidentified body to be found. It is also close to Fairmont but I believe this is a body dump out of or through the St. Louis area. If it was Brooklyn Township, that would creep me out a bit. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JP76ER View Post
    Brooklyn Township is in Schuyler County, not Brooklyn. I have hunted all over that area for over 30 years & hadn't heard about this. There is a lot of open farm ground but a lot of the terrain is very rugged to say the least. If someone would dump a body in that area, I believe it would be a local person & the victim would have been missed & searched for. The county roads wind everywhere & you really need to know where you are driving. I believe this is really Brooklyn, Illinois in St. Clair County hence the street address. Brooklyn is down by St. Louis where it would make more sense for an unidentified body to be found. It is also close to Fairmont but I believe this is a body dump out of or through the St. Louis area. If it was Brooklyn Township, that would creep me out a bit. I hope this helps.
    I don't live very far from Brooklyn in St.Clair County, and there is a St.Clair Ave. that runs right through/on the border of the Brooklyn in St.Clair County. Right away I assumed they were actually referring to St.Clair County, not Schuyler County, because of St.Clair Ave. and the fact that the number to call with information is a 618 area code which covers southern IL. If I'm not mistaken, Schuyler County has a different area code. Tomorrow I'm going to call the number listed on the DoeNetwork page to have them clarify which county is the correct one, and to inquire about weather or not Cynthia was ever compared to this UID.

Hi Sable,

You are correct on the area code. I missed that. I'm sure it's St. Clair County. It would be pretty big news if it was in Schuyler County. I thought about it though & because of the terrain, you could hide a body pretty easy in Schuyler & it wouldn't be found. I creeped myself out on that point.

out of the bag

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilvic View Post
    Ok found it .
    It is on here under Missing But Not Forgotten.
    Rhonda went missing from Alberta canada, so it's way off.
    http://www.geocities.com/missingrhondarunningbird
    The colostomy bag just stuck out in my head.
    I also found this bit interesting:
    . . . The police were unable to locate the husband for three days. He then led them to where the truck was. At that time a massive search and rescue mission took place, involving police, dogs and professional search and rescue teams. They searched the entire area and found only an unused colostomy bag and a set of clothing that were Rhonda's. A pair of eyeglasses were also found. These items were found hear the truck. Her family said they belonged to Rhonda but the police say they were not Rhonda's. IF the police were correct and they were not hers, WHO'S were they? . . .
    http://www.seenmelately.ca/RRunningbird.html

Do we already have a cold case thread on that case? Guess I need to look and see.

I know we have a thread on that case... just not sure under which forum.

ETA- The UID could be from St.Louis, but it's also likely that the UID was from East St.Louis. Just to give you guys an idea of what the area is like, It's so bad that my boyfriend won't even drive through there in the middle of the day. We drove over to St.Louis earlier today, and took the "long way" to get where we were going, even though it would have been quicker to drive through East St.Louis.

Any idea the distance between where the remains were found and the location in Canada that Rhonda disappeared from? Seems too coincidental not to look into it. Has anyone here reported the two posibilities to authorities?

ETA: Sable, where did you get that story on the remains? Is there any LE agency reported as investigating?

I confess that I tried lookig it up on mapquest, but I am completely ignorant on that part of the country. It kept pulling up other Brookyn's, not Il, and counldn't find directions to Alberta either. I am very curious to see how far that is too.

Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    Any idea the distance between where the remains were found and the location in Canada that Rhonda disappeared from? Seems too coincidental not to look into it. Has anyone here reported the two posibilities to authorities?

ETA: Sable, where did you get that story on the remains? Is there any LE agency reported as investigating?
    If the body was in fact found in St.Clair County, it's about 2,587 miles from where Rhonda disappeared.

I got the information on the UID from DoeNetwork. http://doenetwork.org/cases/533ufil.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast