951 users online (194 members and 757 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010.08.18 - Dede's ex-Boyfriend describes her

DeDe Spicher's former boyfriend describes Terri Moulton Horman's friend as a "high-energy, dynamic" person who changed dramatically
    Published: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 4:30 PM
    Updated: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 5:15 PM

An ex-boyfriend of DeDe Spicher said he was stunned when he learned that investigators were interested in the whereabouts of Spicher on the day Kyron Horman, 7, disappeared from Skyline School.

Jason Wishert, who has volunteered as a child's advocate in Multnomah County for more than a decade, said he dated Spicher for about 10 months, and they had even talked of marriage, but their relationship fell apart in early August 2009.

Wishert, 41, said he called the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office tip line soon after hearing Spicher's name in the news.

"My mouth was agape. I couldn't believe what I was seeing," Wishert recalled. "I thought, 'Oh my gosh, there's two things that investigators should look at.' "

More at link...

Article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...boyfriend.html

Document written describing Dede by ex-boyfriend: http://media.oregonlive.com/portland...her/jasonw.pdf

This article confirms that DeDe lived on Bishop Road with her aunt and that this property was searched by investigators

He provided investigators with the name of a close confidante of Spicher, and an address in the 12700 block of Northwest Bishop Road in Washington County where Spicher had lived with an aunt after she moved to Portland from Klamath Falls. The Bishop Road address was one of the addresses investigators searched.

Interesting article. I just finished reading it. He does not feel that DeDe is capable of harming a child or hiding their body. That is the impression I have, too. He feels that she would help a child that was being abused and feels that Kyron is being hidden. I hope that's the case but I can't see why they would carry it so far. I still feel like DeDe is just a red herring and LE is barking up the wrong tree. Unless they have something like cell phone pings that show she is lying I tend to believe her.

"My mouth was agape. I couldn't believe what I was seeing," Wishert recalled. "I thought, 'Oh my gosh, there's two things that investigators should look at.' "

He provided investigators with the name of a close confidante of Spicher, and an address in the 12700 block of Northwest Bishop Road in Washington County where Spicher had lived with an aunt after she moved to Portland from Klamath Falls. The Bishop Road address was one of the addresses investigators searched.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...boyfriend.html

Well that was a boat load of info.

"I discovered that at age 42, she never had a boyfriend or any children."

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland...her/jasonw.pdf

That seems really strange to have a first bf at 42. And this Jason character also seems overzealous about sharing all this with the media.

He did give LE two tips and we know that one place was searched because of it. Just never know what tip will bring Kyron home.

"Adding to my belief that Kyron is still alive is the nature of the implications of what
    must have happened for Kyron to be killed and buried. This is a series of events that is so
    unimaginably evil in nature, not even Ted Bundy, Charles Manson or John Wayne Gacy
    were that evil late into their murder careers. They never killed a 7 year old innocent child
    that just moments previously was smiling proudly for the camera with his science project.
    That level of evilness is so egregious that it would have manifested itself in some way
    previously. This is a step way beyond trying to recruit someone to kill your husband. To
    extinguish the life from an innocent and tender boy under this scenario is way beyond
    reasonable comprehension. Then to go about your routine and act surprised when the kid
    is not on the bus, and act like a distraught Susan Smith for the media and law
    enforcement? I just fail to believe that this happened, God would not allow it."

I generally avoid true crime accounts because I find them so disturbing and they make me feel helpless; Kyron's case is the exception for me. But as I read more and more on this site, I wonder if a character witness really carries any weight at all. This man's evaluation of the degree of evil that would be necessary to carry out a murder indicates a belief that there will be signs and warnings ahead of time. But all you WSer's out there who have followed many cases: are there ever really signs or warnings? Isn't that what is so fascinating and yet horrifying about these kinds of crimes, that we can't see them coming, and really can't defend ourselves against them no matter how alert we are? Can you remember a case where a character reference held any weight or was accurate against the odds?

I hope this is on topic.

Spicher most recently had obtained a gardening internship. Wishert also said Spicher on the side started her own house-sitting and pet-sitting service.

Jason Wishert, who has volunteered as a child's advocate in Multnomah County for more than a decade,

This is really quite an interesting tidbit.

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    I'm going to file his info in the same place I filed TP's info.

TP's family sought out the media after the sheriff himself asked them not to.

JW seeks out the media after a failed relationship.

Those go in my big "Skeptical Of This" file.

I have no media experience and now regret doing some television interviews.
    BBM. Yet, today he wrote 3 pages on everything he knows about DS??

This letter is one of the oddest things I've ever seen sent to a newspaper. It's like a legal deposition or something....

Okay. I just read it twice.

Wth did I just read?

Quote Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
    This letter is one of the oddest things I've ever seen sent to a newspaper. It's like a legal deposition or something....
    Hink! Who does this? Writes practically his life story and sends it to a newspaper?? TMI, Mr. ex-boyfriend!
    IMO

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast