884 users online (181 members and 703 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,843

    Last Combat Brigade Has Left Iraq

    The last one out entered Kuwait at about 3:50 AM Baghdad time. Its the beginning of the end of that miserable war.

    There are still 56,000 of our people there. It will be whitteled down in the next month to 50,000 support people who will stay there for another year or so.

    All on MSNBC for the last few hours. Its a big deal. Very important.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    where no man has boldy gone
    Posts
    3,642
    So we do have an exit strategy. That's good to know. I hope the 56,000 that are still there remain safe, we will be there forever, we now have a base in Iraq.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

    Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    501
    We now have approx 98,000 American troops in Afghanistan. Any bets that these troops coming out of Iraq will just have a change of scenery?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wild Midwest!
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassband View Post
    We now have approx 98,000 American troops in Afghanistan. Any bets that these troops coming out of Iraq will just have a change of scenery?
    This is kind of enlightening for this mom> I have my only two sons in the military, one Air Force and one Army and hoping and praying that 3 tours was enough and that they don't have to go back.. I cannot take another deployment and I KNOW that sounds awful but it has literally ruined our family. I am still sick from the first one that went over there. It is time for our babies to come home.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    land of most amazing sunsets
    Posts
    12,613
    Bottom line - they're being redeployed to Afghanistan.
    Just My Opinion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    1,416
    I can tell you that my niece was just deployed to Kuwait where troops will go into Iraq as needed. Also a WA NG EOD unit leaves 1st week of Nov. for Kuwait. Their mission is in Iraq AND Afghanistan. I don't care what Obama and the media say.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    land of most amazing sunsets
    Posts
    12,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathbuddys View Post
    This is kind of enlightening for this mom> I have my only two sons in the military, one Air Force and one Army and hoping and praying that 3 tours was enough and that they don't have to go back.. I cannot take another deployment and I KNOW that sounds awful but it has literally ruined our family. I am still sick from the first one that went over there. It is time for our babies to come home.
    (((Big hugs)))
    Just My Opinion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    I can tell you that my niece was just deployed to Kuwait where troops will go into Iraq as needed. Also a WA NG EOD unit leaves 1st week of Nov. for Kuwait. Their mission is in Iraq AND Afghanistan. I don't care what Obama and the media say.
    Consider all of the places we allegedly weren't during VN--Laos, Cambodia, etc...Trust me, we were--my dad was with them. I do not believe we're totally withdrawn from Iraq. It's just another sound bite.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. Allison Bayden - Clay: The Sunflower Brigade and Memorial
    By summer_breeze in forum Allison Baden-Clay of Australia
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 07:47 AM