UK - Police try to identify 20 railway bodies

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
Police are hoping to use artist's impressions to identify some of the unclaimed bodies found on Britain's rail network in the last 35 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11014520

"...It is the first of a number of reviews being conducted by the NPIA in an attempt to identify hundreds of unidentified bodies in police files across the country."

This is really good news, I hope they have some success

I guess most of them must have died a horrible death being hit by a train. And then, nobody claims their bodies. That's so sad. :(
I hope that at least some of them will be identified soon.

One of the men was wearing a wristwatch with "Tudor Oyster" engraved on it.

A quick search and all I can find is that was an expensive watch at the time? Or was the Rolex Tudor Oyster and the Tudor Oyster two different things? TIA

Attachments

• 02_train_deaths464.bmp
    164.2 KB · Views: 9
Does the UK have a website for the missing also? I apologize for my ignorance in the matter. TIA.

Thank you so much Lady Stardust, I bookmarked it for future reference :)

Strange. I never realized so many people were hit by trains. I live by Chicago and there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of miles of railroad tracks. Huge train depot back in the day (and still is, really). I wonder how many unidentified there are....sorry, kind of off topicish.

That UK missing website is really hard to navigate, you can't narrow searches down by date (you can do a search but it only brings you to links not pictures, so you have to go through each one to see them) and they aren't in order by date either. Can't really find any others though.

Not possible I think, Alexander Humphrey went missing while in Panama. He was last seen 13th August and there are apperantly sighting of him in the following days, though these are unverified - that would leave no time to get to Cornwall, and it has most likely been determined that his passport hasn't bee used since his dissapearance (I'm not sure of this, but I think if he had it would be mentioned). From what I've read his family think he was murdered in Panama.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back