Resolved MD - Crisfield, bones under porch, Aug'10 - Not human

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinders

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place. I live close and will keep an eye on this and post upadates. CRISFIELD, Md.- Authorities say construction workers tearing down an old porch at a Crisfield house on Tuesday discovered human remains under the structure.

Crisfield police were called to the house on 338 Pine Street after being informed that various bones had been located in a ditch under the porch. After the scene was processed, the skeletal remains were recovered and another portion of the area was dug up to recover additional bones.

According to police, the skeletal remains consisted only of various leg bones and joints, some of which appeared to be have been sawed-off. No other parts of the body were recovered such as a skull or upper torso.

Police say the Maryland State Medical Examiner's Office in Baltimore was contacted and the bones were identified as human remains.

The remains will be taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office for further analysis and classification.

According to police, the house where the skeletal remains were recovered is more than a century old. The case remains under investigation.

Wow, that one's weird.

The saw marks make me wonder if the house used to be a doctor's house and those were buried limbs removed in amputations???

Wow, that one's weird.

The saw marks make me wonder if the house used to be a doctor's house and those were buried limbs removed in amputations???

I find it sort of difficult to imagine a doctor burying limbs that near his own house. It seems so ad-hoc, when there are the options of convincing the local graveyard to let you tuck a leg or two away or building a bonfire for cremation.

Maybe it was used as a makeshift medical centre after some sort of armed conflict or local disaster, and a panicked and shocked home owner was left to tidy up the cut off limbs. Is it too recent or too far away from a battlefield to be Civil War related? What about rail accidents or mining cave-ins... any of those happened nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth