1144 users online (161 members and 983 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221

    Failure to communicate

    Over the last few hours, I've read comments about how this case would have been so simple if LE had done their jobs. Well, those comments are absolutely right. The problem is, every time someone like me points out the ways they could have done their jobs to make it simple, those making the comments are the first to bring down the hammer.

    A puzzlement! Or is that a paradox? I can't keep it straight anymore.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Over the last few hours, I've read comments about how this case would have been so simple if LE had done their jobs. Well, those comments are absolutely right. The problem is, every time someone like me points out the ways they could have done their jobs to make it simple, those making the comments are the first to bring down the hammer.

    A puzzlement! Or is that a paradox? I can't keep it straight anymore.


    You still have that pesky DNA to deal with Dave. It is a smoking gun and RDI does not have a smoking gun. It is cool, though, Dave. It will be solved pretty soon.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Over the last few hours, I've read comments about how this case would have been so simple if LE had done their jobs. Well, those comments are absolutely right. The problem is, every time someone like me points out the ways they could have done their jobs to make it simple, those making the comments are the first to bring down the hammer.

    A puzzlement! Or is that a paradox? I can't keep it straight anymore.
    Can I tell you why I think this happens?
    For ex you say LE was wrong not to separate the Ramsey's
    LE was wrong because they didn't secure the scene and maybe that's why there is not enough RDI evidence
    LE was wrong for not keeping an eye on JR that morning

    etc

    (btw I agree with everything above)

    BUT you never say for ex

    LE was wrong for not thoroughly checking people like CW,etc
    LE was wrong for focusing only on PR
    LE was wrong for disregarding the content of the ransom note and taking for granted that it's fake, so probably written by a family member
    and so on

    IMO

    Your arguments ,which are good,are meant only for those who believe RDI,that's the problem.You only point out the mistakes that are related to RDI.
    The rice is already cooked...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    You still have that pesky DNA to deal with Dave. It is a smoking gun and RDI does not have a smoking gun. It is cool, though, Dave. It will be solved pretty soon.
    Condescension isn't very becoming, Roy. It also misses my point. That being that if LE had done their jobs, we'd either HAVE a smoking gun or would not NEED one.

    As we've discussed many times, 90% of cases are not "smoking gun" cases. They're circumstantial cases, and their outcome relies on the prosecutor's ability to put the pieces together into a a solid picture. But in cases where a victim is found in their own home, what breaks the case is not the forensic evidence. What breaks it is the cops getting a confession.

    As for your statements:

    1) Yes, I do have to deal with the DNA. But where you and I part is that I'm not overly worried about my ability to do that. You call it a smoking gun. All I can say to that is, "don't you wish." Because right now, without anyone to match it against with corroborating evidence, it's just like the rest of IDI's "evidence:" random elements haphazardly strung together as if they meant something. You can't make a cow out of hamburger, Roy.

    2) True, RDI does not have a smoking gun. BUT, as I said at the beginning of this post, the idea that a case NEEDS one every time is a very dangerous and limiting viewpoint. I focus more on trying to put all of the pieces together.

    3) It's not "cool," whatever that means. And it never will be, no matter how this turns out.

    4) I wish I had your confidence.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    Can I tell you why I think this happens?
    For ex you say LE was wrong not to separate the Ramsey's
    LE was wrong because they didn't secure the scene and maybe that's why there is not enough RDI evidence
    LE was wrong for not keeping an eye on JR that morning

    etc

    (btw I agree with everything above)
    Good to know. But those are only some of what I say LE was remiss in not doing. They could have done those things and any number of other actions to make headway in this case. They COULD have thrown the Rs in jail until one turned on the other. They COULD have called a Grand Jury immediately. They COULD have planted listening devices in the Rs' home to pick up incriminating conversations.

    They did NONE of these. And to this day, I have yet to hear a good explanation as to why. From what I can gather, they were all shot down on the grounds that they offended the political sensibilities of those in charge, which the Georgia cops and FBI found ludicrous.

    BUT you never say for ex

    LE was wrong for not thoroughly checking people like CW,etc
    LE was wrong for focusing only on PR
    LE was wrong for disregarding the content of the ransom note and taking for granted that it's fake, so probably written by a family member
    and so on
    I never say them, maddy, because I'm not convinced they happened. I get what you're saying, but it would be pretty hard for me to make those arguments.

    Your arguments ,which are good,are meant only for those who believe RDI,that's the problem.You only point out the mistakes that are related to RDI.
    That's where you're wrong, maddy. My arguments are NOT meant only for RDI. Even Lou Smit (RIP) said that if he had been in charge, he would have done many, if not all, of the things that I've argued for. The missed opportunities I keep mentioning would have gone just as far in proving the Rs innocent as they would toward proving guilt had they been done.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Good to know. But those are only some of what I say LE was remiss in not doing. They could have done those things and any number of other actions to make headway in this case. They COULD have thrown the Rs in jail until one turned on the other. They COULD have called a Grand Jury immediately. They COULD have planted listening devices in the Rs' home to pick up incriminating conversations.

    They did NONE of these. And to this day, I have yet to hear a good explanation as to why. From what I can gather, they were all shot down on the grounds that they offended the political sensibilities of those in charge, which the Georgia cops and FBI found ludicrous.



    I never say them, maddy, because I'm not convinced they happened. I get what you're saying, but it would be pretty hard for me to make those arguments.



    That's where you're wrong, maddy. My arguments are NOT meant only for RDI. Even Lou Smit (RIP) said that if he had been in charge, he would have done many, if not all, of the things that I've argued for. The missed opportunities I keep mentioning would have gone just as far in proving the Rs innocent as they would toward proving guilt had they been done.

    SD you've been arguing your cockeyed notions for so long you don't even recognise them as cockeyed anymore.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    SD you've been arguing your cockeyed notions for so long you don't even recognise them as cockeyed anymore.
    This is a perfect example of why I started this thread in the first place.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    SD you've been arguing your cockeyed notions for so long you don't even recognise them as cockeyed anymore.
    Man do I agree with this. And Dave I try not to be condescending. I really honestly do. I know we can't match the DNA as of now. That is why I believe as I do. This has been pushed as RDI from the start. It started because the BPD was concerned about Xmas, but it is kind of normal. I just know the truth is coming and when it does the RDI's are gonna say that if the Ramsey's would have cooperated, this truth could have come out sooner.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    You are right, Dave. If the BPD had handled this case from the very beginning the way that any other police dept. in this country would have, it would have been solved long ago. If the Ramseys were innocent it could have been proven and there would be no need for this discussion. I cannot understand why the da's office would hinder an investigation unless they themselves feared where it would lead. It should not matter whether or not you are RDI or IDI, we should all be wishing the BPD had done a more thorough job (or been allowed to).
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    You are right, Dave. If the BPD had handled this case from the very beginning the way that any other police dept. in this country would have, it would have been solved long ago. If the Ramseys were innocent it could have been proven and there would be no need for this discussion. I cannot understand why the da's office would hinder an investigation unless they themselves feared where it would lead. It should not matter whether or not you are RDI or IDI, we should all be wishing the BPD had done a more thorough job (or been allowed to).
    Wow! It has been proven about as much as it could have been. They went to a grand jury for christ sakes.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Man do I agree with this.
    What a shock. Well, I suppose it's easier than actually making an argument. I expect so much better than such pettiness. So, I'll just remind you guys that they're not MY notions. Everything I've said on this thread has been said before, by people a LOT higher up the LE food chain than I am!

    And Dave I try not to be condescending. I really honestly do.
    I just thought you'd want to know.

    I know we can't match the DNA as of now. That is why I believe as I do.
    You know the DNA can't be matched, but that's why you believe as you do. I don't get it.

    This has been pushed as RDI from the start. It started because the BPD was concerned about Xmas, but it is kind of normal.
    You'll have to rephrase, because you've lost me.

    I just know the truth is coming and when it does the RDI's are gonna say that if the Ramsey's would have cooperated, this truth could have come out sooner.
    What do you mean, "when it does?" That's what we've BEEN saying! That's why I started this rotten thread in the first place: to find out just what is so damn hard to understand about that.

    I'm sorry. I don't mean to get angry. But my argument seems so straightforward.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 08-20-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    You are right, Dave. If the BPD had handled this case from the very beginning the way that any other police dept. in this country would have, it would have been solved long ago. If the Ramseys were innocent it could have been proven and there would be no need for this discussion. I cannot understand why the da's office would hinder an investigation unless they themselves feared where it would lead. It should not matter whether or not you are RDI or IDI, we should all be wishing the BPD had done a more thorough job (or been allowed to).
    YES! Yes, yes, yes! Finally, someone understands what I'm saying!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Wow! It has been proven about as much as it could have been.
    Excuse me??

    They went to a grand jury for christ sakes.
    You say that as if it meant something. Need I remind you the myriad problems associated with the GJ in this case? Had it been somewhere else, it MIGHT have gone somewhere.

    Look, if someone wants to try to defend the decisions that were made by LE in this case, I'm all for it. But lately, it's gone beyond that straight into attempting to rewrite history. Well, that bird's not gonna fly. Not with me, it won't.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    You are right, Dave. If the BPD had handled this case from the very beginning the way that any other police dept. in this country would have, it would have been solved long ago. If the Ramseys were innocent it could have been proven and there would be no need for this discussion. I cannot understand why the da's office would hinder an investigation unless they themselves feared where it would lead. It should not matter whether or not you are RDI or IDI, we should all be wishing the BPD had done a more thorough job (or been allowed to).
    You could equally wonder why the BPD could not have handled this case "the way any other police dept. in this country would have". As you said, if the Rs 'were innocent, then it could have been proved and there would be no need for this discussion'. Of course, this would mean that 'someone else' was guilty, so did the BPD botch it on purpose? Could it have been rather because it was they who feared where a 'properly conducted' investigation might lead?

    No need to blame the DA, as you said all you needed to in those two sentences.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    You could equally wonder why the BPD could not have handled this case "the way any other police dept. in this country would have". As you said, if the Rs 'were innocent, then it could have been proved and there would be no need for this discussion'. Of course, this would mean that 'someone else' was guilty, so did the BPD botch it on purpose? Could it have been rather because it was they who feared where a 'properly conducted' investigation might lead?

    No need to blame the DA, as you said all you needed to in those two sentences.
    Hunter's actions on this case defied every known protocol. He wouldn't allow the parents to be treated as suspects. He wouldn't ALLOW them to be arrested. He wouldn't allow the BPD to get the phone records, JB's school or medical records. He allowed defense lawyers to see some of the evidence, which is NEVER done until an indictment is handed down. He acted like he was part of the defense team, and for all practical purposes, he was. Assistant DA Pete Hofstrom, too. He courted the tabloid media (Jeff Shapiro, who worked for the Globe- the paper who printed the stolen autopsy photos). He attempted to dig dirt on one of the detectives in the case (ST) for no reason other than that ST felt the Rs were guilty. Hunter may have felt the same, but there was no way he was going to let anyone prove it. I'd LOVE to have a look at HIS phone records to see who called him after the Rs hired their law firm. Did a call from the governor's office take place? Was he given "instructions" on how to deal with such wealthy and well-connected suspects?
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Mall Santa uses sign language to communicate with deaf boy
    By texasgirl2 in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 04:51 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 07:35 PM