PCSD RELEASES: Sheriff Blasts Misty Croslin Attorney

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Was not sure what thread this would belong in so I just started one. Mod's plz move to where it would fit best. TIA :blowkiss:

TJ Hart and Art Harris have both posted PCSD NEWS RELEASES in regards to the recent revelations from Misty and Tommy regarding what happen the night Haleigh disappeared. I now question if maybe what Misty and Tommy are saying holds any truth. Maybe they are using Joe as a scapegoat or maybe Joe is a POI. Either way I find it interesting that LE is upset that Fields and Werter are sharing what their clients are saying about what may of happen to Haleigh. I have checked PCSD website to see if they have posted any new News Releases but nothing.

Sheriff Blasts Misty Croslin Attorney!

PCSD RELEASE: August 17, 2010

"Snip" http://www.artharris.com/2010/08/18/sheriff-blasts-misty-croslin-attorney/

From Bald Truth Staff, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved

The Putnam County Sheriff’s office took a swipe at Misty Croslin’s attorney Tuesday for revealing what his client told investigators happened inside Ronald Cummings trailer the night she reported his five year old daughter missing: that her Tennessee cousin had come looking for a machine gun and when he couldn’t find it, got angry, “roughed up Misty, sexually groped her,” then tossed Haleigh into a black bag and left.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood, Putnam County Sheriff’s spokesman in a press release designed to throw water on a media firestorm. He declined all requests for official comments reacting to Croslin’s account, nor would he confirm or deny their accuracy.

—————————————-
PCSD RELEASE:
Date: August 17, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for an official comment regarding a statement made earlier today by Attorney Robert Fields. For those outlets not aware, Attorney Fields is legal counsel for Misty Croslin.

Attorney Fields made a statement to media outlets that after Misty Croslin’s arrest, she informed investigators what happened the night Haleigh Cummings went missing, and what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

Since the onset of this investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been asked to comment on information obtained during the investigation. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has always taken the firm stance that any information obtained in this case is not to be released, and any investigative strategies will not be discussed. The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office will not be participating in any formal interviews or providing statements regarding this morning’s events at this time. The main concern of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is finding Haleigh Cummings and returning her home to her family.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood

Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

TJ Hart

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/7930698.php

"Snip"
Media release from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office to TJ Hart

Date: August 17, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for an official comment regarding a statement made earlier today by Attorney Robert Fields. For those outlets not aware, Attorney Fields is legal counsel for Misty Croslin.

Attorney Fields made a statement to media outlets that after Misty Croslin’s arrest, she informed investigators what happened the night Haleigh Cummings went missing, and what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

Since the onset of this investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been asked to comment on information obtained during the investigation. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has always taken the firm stance that any information obtained in this case is not to be released, and any investigative strategies will not be discussed. The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office will not be participating in any formal interviews or providing statements regarding this morning’s events at this time. The main concern of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is finding Haleigh Cummings and returning her home to her family.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

2010 News Releases

"Snip" http://www.pcso.us/news

Long Time Drug Dealer Sentenced to Life
2010-8-16 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood

Street Crimes Unit Arrests Ten Friday Night
2010-8-16 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood

Meth Lab Found in Interlachen Area
2010-8-10 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood

Narcotics Related Search Warrant Served, One Arrested
2010-7-30 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood

Hank Croslin Returned to Putnam Jail
2010-6-24 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood http://www.pcso.us/2010-6-24-a

Haleigh Cummings Case Update
2010-6-21 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood http://www.pcso.us/2010-6-21-a

Haleigh Cummings Rumors

2010-4-21 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood http://www.pcso.us/2010-4-21-a

Shell Harbor area Search for Missing Haleigh Cummings Update

2010-4-15 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood http://www.pcso.us/2010-4-15-a

Satsuma Area Search for Missing Haleigh Cummings Continues
2010-4-14 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood http://www.pcso.us/2010-4-14-a

Area of Satsuma Searched for Missing Haleigh Cummings
2010-4-13 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood http://www.pcso.us/2010-4-13-a

Haleigh Cummings Disappearance Passes One Year Mark
2010-2-9 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood http://www.pcso.us/2010-2-9-a

Five Arrested after Undercover Narcotics Investigation
2010-1-20 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood

Actually this may be a good development for LE.

The players with drug charges are starting to plead, get sentenced and, go down for 15+ years.

The Attorney's called the bluff of LE at first and did not offer credible plea deals. Now we have Werter trying to mitigate and reduce ToC's sentence and Fields trying to lay groundwork to minimize Misty's.

LE can play this poker hand and let them sweat because the Attorney's are making the move yet LE know this is not the truth .... yet. Not what they need.

I think the heat is going to turn up as Ron faces his fate and Misty gets closer and closer to her sentencing.

LE hold the cards as to whether sentences get reduced on appeal or at sentencing. This can still all break loose and lead to a result as everyone once again jostles to save their own butt.

In the big picture, the statement released by LE tells us a lot. They are not going to release any information about the Haleigh Cummins case. For LE to make a statement, even in writing, means they are very serious about holding on to information. JMO

IMO we are all aware of certain media sources who tend to engineer or re-engineer creative stories from 'sources' to keep relevant, feed the demand, fill a vacuum, make a new headline and, get on TV.

Sometimes any news is good news but mis-information and rumor spreading hurts HaLeigh's case more than it helps because it gets picked up by higher profile outlets -- which some add more credibility and more exposure to it.

Consider the sources ... Art Harris and TJ Hart.

well, if something changes & LE isn't willing to stand behind an old quote, & it's written as new news, then I think LE owes it to the integrity of the case, to set things straight. & I guess they would. OK, so Ron isn't a person of interest, but the last I heard, neither was Joe. So, did they peg both of them right? one right & one wrong? both wrong?Going by LE quotes, I'd guess they're looking at Tommy, (labeled a suspect), & Misty, (labeled a key). & that's that, I guess. But, LE should chastise certain media, for making old quotes, sound new. All that paper had to say was,'according to Greenwood's, fill in the blank date, quote,' Ron isn't a person of interest.

well, if something changes & LE isn't willing to stand behind an old quote, & it's written as new news, then I think LE owes it to the integrity of the case, to set things straight. & I guess they would. OK, so Ron isn't a person of interest, but the last I heard, neither was Joe. So, did they peg both of them right? one right & one wrong? both wrong?Going by LE quotes, I'd guess they're looking at Tommy, (labeled a suspect), & Misty, (labeled a key). & that's that, I guess. But, LE should chastise certain media, for making old quotes, sound new. All that paper had to say was,'according to Greenwood's, fill in the blank date, quote,' Ron isn't a person of interest.

BBM. Maybe the paper had an agenda and wants to promote those recycled facts....?

Most media has a bias and presents based on their opinion, I have seen JVM on HLN do it more and more. To me the show should present both points of view and have sources from both sides on and be a facilitator. Most shows seem to take a position, whether obvious or not and present from that bias. JVM takes a position based on her opinion and skews the presentation then actively gets involved in how it plays out ..... to support her agenda.

To me this is media 'interference' rather than media 'reporting'.

I have always believed Joe Overstreet is the one that murdered Haleigh. Even his own family says he is crazy and it takes someone crazy to do this for this reason to an innocent little girl.

And I know very early on after Misty was arrested she told this story minus the black garbage bag. At least it wasnt revealed to the media at that time. BUT she has now told so many lies that I feel Overstreet will never be brought to justice.:furious:

IMO

In the big picture, the statement released by LE tells us a lot. They are not going to release any information about the Haleigh Cummins case. For LE to make a statement, even in writing, means they are very serious about holding on to information. JMO

It sure sounds like they did not want this information revealed.

“Since the onset of this investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been asked to comment on information obtained during the investigation,” said the release. (But) the PCSD “has always taken the firm stance that any information obtained in this case is not to be released, and any investigative strategies will not be discussed. The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information.”

IMO

It sure sounds like they did not want this information revealed.

“Since the onset of this investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been asked to comment on information obtained during the investigation,” said the release. (But) the PCSD “has always taken the firm stance that any information obtained in this case is not to be released, and any investigative strategies will not be discussed. The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information.”

IMO

No, surely they didn't! I think both Misty and Tommy's attorneys fully believe their clients, believe in their innocence, and are extremely frustrated that their clients were not given any immunity or breaks in sentencing in exchange for their information.

Misty and Tommy's problem is that they have told so many lies that it's tainted their credibility. Even if their testimony is true, it may not be worth very much. Clearly, LE needs some collaborating evidence to what they believe happened that night. In order to get that, they hope that the person who committed the crime will slip up and provide some information. LE is afraid that the statements by the attorneys is going to make this person more careful, not less careful!

I can empathize with both the attorneys and LE. While they all want this case solved, they have two different primary agendas.

Why hasn't PCSO blasted Shoemaker, he talked, too. he was telling all about RC's plea deal before it even went to court. What's good for the goose etc

Why hasn't PCSO blasted Shoemaker, he talked, too. he was telling all about RC's plea deal before it even went to court. What's good for the goose etc

After the sweet deal Ronald got today, I figure they feel that Shoemaker is one of their own. If they can't protect dear Ronald, his attorney will. :sick:

I wonder if Kim Picazzio will get blasted tomorrow for revealing RC's lying about work and leaving kids in the car? We all know she was part of this case early on. I'm sure she knows a few other things as well. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back