1536 users online (222 members and 1314 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - 5 children reported missing by parents found in man's shed

http://www.q13fox.com/news/wjw-news-...,5654851.story

Police say when they arrived at Freeman's home they found at least 10 children hiding inside the shed. Authorities say the children ranged in age from 12-17, and at least five had been reported missing by their families.

Kenneth Freeman, 39, was arrested

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/...3954&catid=288

But it begs the question, what were a bunch of kids doing in a shed in the middle of the night with a convicted felon?

Acting on a tip, Lorain police responded to this home on north urban circle around 3 a.m. Tuesday morning to look for missing kids.

Ok...to me this is a huge deal....why so little info? Which missing kids? How long have they been missing? What do the kids say happened? I hate reports like this!

RIP McStays

Umm...this is almost too bizarre for words. I would like to know if he lured the kids to begin with.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by the seeker View Post
    Ok...to me this is a huge deal....why so little info? Which missing kids? How long have they been missing? What do the kids say happened? I hate reports like this!

I'll bet you $100 that some or all of these kids were chalked up as "runaways."

Were the kids locked in the shed or hiding in there themselves?

ETA: Nevermind, I see two of the kids were his own in there.

12-17? That seems an older age group to be lured into a shed...what the heck?
    Just my opinion, of course.

I'm thinking that maybe there was a get together in the shed cluciano? From the second article.

Sounds like this man was so drunk he was clueless as to who was in his shed and/or so drunk he didn't care.

Of course, that's just at first blush. I'll have to see if more details come out. JMHO.

Approximately 10 kids? How hard are real live children to count?

"....he's just a guy with a big heart. "In his eyes, he feels bad for these kids and he's like 'sure, you can come hang out with my kids. He doesn't process the fact that they're runaways."

Well, then, we've got a real problem. It's time to do some processing and not sit around shirtless and drunk with a bunch of minors. I'm starting to sound like Filly.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post

But it begs the question, what were a bunch of kids doing in a shed in the middle of the night with a convicted felon?

Acting on a tip, Lorain police responded to this home on north urban circle around 3 a.m. Tuesday morning to look for missing kids.
    Freeman's family is defending him. His two daughters were among the children inside the shed. Simmons says, "I don't really think he should be in jail at all. I don't think he should because he did not know they were runaways until the cops came."

Simmons is Freeman's niece, and says he's just a guy with a big heart. She says, "In his eyes, he feels bad for these kids and he's like 'sure, you can come hang out with my kids. He doesn't process the fact that they're runaways.'"
    I'm just not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Were the kids locked in the shed or hiding in there themselves?

ETA: Nevermind, I see two of the kids were his own in there.
    I could totally be off base on this, but it seems like it was a teenage hang out place. Troubled children, runaways, etc know who's friends house is safe to go to. Ya know, the houses with the "cool" parents or the parents that aren't there. JMOO.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I don't doubt it, Lovejac. Kids will do anything to find the "cool" house. I agree that the kids probably went there on their own but he needs to be nailed for allowing a place where they most likely had long periods of unsupervised time and access to alcohol. The whole thing just sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

My guess is that he's broken a couple of his release agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post

Well, then, we've got a real problem. It's time to do some processing and not sit around shirtless and drunk with a bunch of minors. I'm starting to sound like Filly.

I'm a bad influence on you Miss Izzy.

Question What?

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post

He feels sorry for them. He didn't know they were runaway's but he felt sorry for them and allowed them to stay in the shed or his house? So says his niece who tells the world we all have the wrong idea.

So which is it? How ya feel sorry for kids if you don't know they are runaways but then a few minutes later you do?

No matter what it's all good till it goes bad. That's exactly what would have happened here and you're a dang felon?

Lesson #1 Mr. Felon. Keep your nose clean and don't have ten kids hiding in your shed. K? Good.

Lesson#2 Mr. Felon as a parent and upstanding shirtless citizen of the world if you want to help kids who may have ran the thing to do is get them help. Are they battered, beaten, bruised? If so call the cops. If not call the National Runaway Hotline and figure how to proceed. Ask an knowing authority dumb a*s.

That shed looks pretty nice. I would guess it's a party shed. You get two or more kids together like that and heck yeah it's the mass runaway. That is unless they have someone come looking for them. People that care.

The only positive here is he was only drunk and missing a shirt. When I was in that age bracket and unfortunately older I'd been in homes where some freaky creep had a shirt and no pants or underwear and was not drunk. You wanna talk freakazoid. Kids they're just happy they're "free" and go with the crowd. So what somebody is drunk off their a*s and wearing no clothes while people come and go?

Mr. Freeman you screwed up. He's lucky a dad didn't kick his a*s.

Myspace

Looking to ditch the kids and spouse for a few? Need a getaway? Call this guy. He's got a shed and will certainly put you up. That is if he don't have ten teens sleeping in there.

http://www.myspace.com/shaysknite

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast