1292 users online (299 members and 993 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OH - Aaliyah Ali, 23 mos, shaken to death, babysitter charged, 9 Aug 2010

I just saw this on Nancy Grace

SUMMIT COUNTY, OH (CBS/WOIO) 23-month-old Aaliyah Ali fought for her life for almost three days before succumbing to bleeding on the brain and other head injuries Aug. 12,and the girl's babysitter, Tiffani Calise, has been charged with her murder.

Police and paramedics were called to an apartment complex in Green, Ohio, just outside of Cleveland, Aug. 10 because of a report that a toddler was not breathing after being removed from a bathtub, according to CBS affiliate WOIO.

Calise told police that she left Aaliyah in the tub for a few seconds to tend to her own child and heard a noise from the bathroom. She said that when she came back the toddler was limp and she immediately called 911, according to Summit County Sheriff Deputy William Holland.

But when Aaliyah arrived at the hospital, deputies were informed that he injuries did not support Calise's version of events and she was arrested Aug. 11 for child endangerment, according to WOIO.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...99-504083.html

Wow.. so sad for this baby
    NG just totally ripped this girl apart!

Is it possible that the baby really DID hit her head after falling in the tub?

Quote Originally Posted by BlOnDe_GuRrL View Post
    I just saw this on Nancy Grace

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...99-504083.html

Is it possible that the baby really DID hit her head after falling in the tub?

Who knows? Anymore I'd say anything is possible.

What an absolutely gorgeous little girl.

Watching two two years olds at the same time? If you're not used to it? I don't know.

I also saw and heard the tapes on NG, and yes she ripped her apart, I agree. What amazed me in this case is the tapes sounded believable.... She sounded like she was truly panicked and truly doing all she could.... hmmmmm..... I guess we must wait and see. One thing I do know, precious life lost either way.... Very sad.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...toddlers-death

The babysitter claimed she went to get something out of the closet and left the victim in the bathtub. She heard some noises when she came back the child was limp, she then called 911," said Summit County Sheriff Deputy William Holland.

Deputies say after the baby was taken to Akron Children's Hospital they learned the toddler's injuries were inconsistent with the babysitter's story.

According to deputies, the child had bleeding on her skull and head injuries. Investigators will not say how the injuries were sustained.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I heard the tapes, she sounded very believable........

Watching two 2 year olds isn't that hard, ya just gotta keep em together and NEVER leave a small child in the tub unattended, not even for a second!

I do hope it was due to neglect as opposed to murder, perhaps she stood up, fell and hit her head on the faucet?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I don't feel this case is as cut and dry as NG would like to make it seem. I think there are too many "what if's".....and not enough information for me to make a decision.
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...er-she-babysat

The Ninth District Court of Appeals unanimously upheld the murder conviction of a Summit County woman who shook a toddler to death who she babysat for a neighbor.

Tiffani Calise was earlier convicted of murder, involuntary manslaughter and two counts of child endangering in the death of 23-month-old Aaliyah Ali
    Judge Alison McCarty sentenced Calise to life in prison
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Wow..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice