Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufnstuf

"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole article yet, but what I have read--looks like the most detailed look at Terri I've seen in a while:

But interviews with more than a dozen friends, relatives, former colleagues and neighbors paint a complex and contradictory picture of a woman with immense personal charm who can be both supportive and self-centered. Sometimes giving, sometimes demanding, she has a few close friends who have stood by her while she's been vilified in blogs. She has a bachelor's and a master's degree in education but has never held a full-time teaching job. Colleagues say she was a dedicated teacher yet during the past year she cracked down on Kyron when he had a bad day at school.

Still, not one said they could imagine that a woman who has devoted so much of her life to children could have been involved in his disappearance.

"I would agree with that statement up until a point in time," said Kaine Horman, her 36-year-old estranged husband, who has filed for divorce and obtained a restraining order against her. "I know a lot of things now that I didn't before. Now, I think there is a huge problem. I don't know what she's not capable of at this point."

AND A LOT MORE THERE including info about her adoption:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Guys, you've got to read this article!

Chuck Ecker said he never quite trusted Horman, suspecting she harbored ulterior motives.

"She did things to impress people," he said.

In August 1998, two years after they were married, Richard Ecker adopted Jxxxx. Tarver, who struggled financially, agreed to give up his parental rights.

The Eckers thought it was a bad idea.

"She pushed him," Chuck Ecker said. "And being Richard, being a good guy, he adopted Jxxxxx."

Chuck Ecker said in certain situations Horman was self-centered.

When asked for details, the couple recounted this:

Once when they were shopping online with their son, Horman walked into the room and asked what they were doing. They told her Chuck Ecker wanted to buy a boat. "She said, 'Oh, so you're spending Jxxxx' inheritance,'" Mavis Ecker said. "She was serious."

Wow, holy bio. It is basically a life story. So much input from so many people. I'm not sure where to begin a discussion on this one, lol. It definitely paints a progressive picture.

Says that it was Terri who decided to send Jxxxx away while Kaine was on a business trip, because she and Jxxxx had gotten into a fight and she couldn't handle him anymore.

Wow! I can't imagine that there's anything left to tell up until the day Kyron disappeared.

(I do hope the J can meet up with his sister and Kaine soon. Poor kid.)

Wow! I can't imagine that there's anything left to tell up until the day Kyron disappeared.

Yup it's like her whole life in detail except 6/4/10. Post-6/4 is is still being written.

"Controlling with my money — yeah," Kaine said, "because she was spending all of it. She was going out and spending it like water and not checking with me where we should be spending our money."

Excuse me ??????

:furious:

It also clarified how the parents worked out visitation -- complicated, involving not just Kyron but Terri and Desiree's other sons and various dads, moms, stepdads, etc. It wasn't just Terri having to drive Kyron every other week.

The thing that stood out to me the most was Terri's moving her roommate's bookshelf and books outside and not understanding that wasn't acceptable.
Plus, rearranging and throwing away some of the teacher she was subbing for's things.

The things said by her former inlaws seem tainted by the fact that they don't seem all that pleasant. (Like when Terri greeted her MIL with flowers and balloons, and the MIL seemed very ungrateful and ungracious about it.)
The only way what they're saying about her trying to curry favor that might be important is if they didn't like her overtures because they could sense that she really had no affection for them and was being manipulative, but there's no way for us to judge that, I don't think.

Her son does seem to verify that she was the one who sent him away, though he seems to have no hard feelings about it.

Says that it was Terri who decided to send Jxxxx away while Kaine was on a business trip, because she and Jxxxx had gotten into a fight and she couldn't handle him anymore.

The one thing that wasn't in the article that I would have liked to have seen was J's take on exactly why he left the house.

To be honest, I take anything Kaine says with a grain of salt - given that he believes TH took his son, consciously or subconsciously, he's going to paint her in the worst possible light.

BTW, puf ...

I was thinking about starting a thread along these lines, but I wasn't sure where to take it. I'm glad you did, thanks.

pufnstuf said:
Reckless and selfish. Have you seen her arrest record? Her marital history? Her dragging her son from bad marriage to bad marriage and changing his name along the way?

Not wanting to change the direction of this thread, and trying to stay on topic... but she's been arrested for much more than one DUI and burning leaves in her yard.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5522539&postcount=130"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - If Terri is guilty...why isn't she cracking?[/ame]

Now that we have something with such detail about her past, could you clarify and source what you said here (bolded above)? I noticed the article didn't state any other arrests but the one for DUI. TIA.

I wish the same. I feel so sorry for the boy.

Excuse me ??????

:furious:

Tell me...if you are the sole breadwinner and you have a budget you need to conform to and your spouse is spending willy-nilly...wouldn't that bother you?

I don't really think Kaine meant "my money" like it's all mine, all mine and Terri can't touch it...I think he was pointing out she was being careless in her spending and it was having an effect on the family budget.

Wow, that was quite a story to read through. So, we know a lot about her character okay... but.. where is Kyron? I seriously do not care about her character or anyone's character or anything else anymore. Honestly that's why I haven't even come on much to read through posts. There's really nothing left to say or think up as far as what happened to sweet Kyron imo.

Where is that boy? :praying:

It also clarified how the parents worked out visitation -- complicated, involving not just Kyron but Terri and Desiree's other sons and various dads, moms, stepdads, etc. It wasn't just Terri having to drive Kyron every other week.

The thing that stood out to me the most was Terri's moving her roommate's bookshelf and books outside and not understanding that wasn't acceptable.
Plus, rearranging and throwing away some of the teacher she was subbing for's things.
The bookshelf thing is definitely weird. But as far as subbing, she was doing it during (and I assume after) her pregnancy, which means she was likely there for months. So rearranging things as she needed is understandable. Throwing stuff away was a bit much, depending on what it was she tossed.

The things said by her former inlaws seem tainted by the fact that they don't seem all that pleasant. (Like when Terri greeted her MIL with flowers and balloons, and the MIL seemed very ungrateful and ungracious about it.)
The only way what they're saying about her trying to curry favor that might be important is if they didn't like her overtures because they could sense that she really had no affection for them and was being manipulative, but there's no way for us to judge that, I don't think.
The MIL seemed a bit catty, to say the least.

Her son does seem to verify that she was the one who sent him away, though he seems to have no hard feelings about it.
I didn't see that. He does say he was camping.

Tell me...if you are the sole breadwinner and you have a budget you need to conform to and your spouse is spending willy-nilly...wouldn't that bother you?

I don't really think Kaine meant "my money" like it's all mine, all mine and Terri can't touch it...I think he was pointing out she was being careless in her spending and it was having an effect on the family budget.

If I was a SAHM AND contributed not only my sweat but money to the household, darn straight I'd be bothered to hear my husband refer to it as his money and expect me to check with him before spending.

Holy cow. That just flew all over me.

The cat ran off when I hollered "WHAT????"

lol

I hope so too. That made me sad for him. That and him basically saying he's used to being moved around alot. :cry:

Oh, I forgot to mention the part where she wanted a report every day of what "color" Kyron earned in class and then wanted him disciplined at home if he didn't get the best "color."

She did come across as pretty controlling and self-centered. Weird how she could be so giving yet so inconsiderate. She does seem complicated, but I'm not sure she's more complicated than anybody else. I think if you take random anecdotes from a bunch of people in anybody's life, it will paint a complicated and not so flattering picture.

This article neither reinforced nor weakened my opinion that Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. It did clear some things up that we had been wondering about, though.

It didn't clear up why, with a master's degree, she couldn't find a regular teaching job. I really wonder about that.

It sure sounds like there were a whole lot of things going on in that house. From money, to the kids, surprise pregnancy, discipline and yet I still get the feeling that Terri felt ignored. Maybe I've got it all wrong. But there's a lot of writing on those walls - if only they could talk.

If anyone was sitting on the fence after this, I don't know how they can't literally jump off.

Terri had the teacher give her a report EVERYDAY on Kyron's behavior and then she would punish him for hours.

Sorry, that is NOT ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member