MS - Ocean Springs nurse arrested for child *advertiser censored*

Missizzy

Reaction score
Oh, I've got a few questions. Why was the wife not charged if she knew about his "fetsish". Fetish as in felonious crime? Unless I'm assured she was unable to speak or dial 911, I'm holding her responsible as well. Also note that the *advertiser censored* he downloaded matched the ages of the children in the home. That is frightening beyond all belief.

Why was he brought before a Youth Court judge?

And a request. Will LE please stop calling child *advertiser censored* "kiddie *advertiser censored*". PLEASE. To my mind that trivializes the crime and demeans the victims. There's nothing cute about it. The victims are not "kiddies", they are real live children.

I ran a check and this story has not had a thread, although Filly started one for another nurse awhile back. New category time.

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/19/2417719/os-nurse-faces-child-*advertiser censored*-charges.html

Ocean Springs [MS] nurse faces child-*advertiser censored* charges

"Federal authorities have been called on to investigate whether an Ocean Springs Hospital nurse already facing 30 counts of child *advertiser censored* possession was distributing the material, Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said.

The sheriff described the suspect, Alberto S. Gonzalez, 41, of Moss Point, as a “major figure (allegedly) involved in kiddie *advertiser censored*.”
“He had a room full of computers at his home,” Byrd said. “They were everywhere. It was disgusting.”

and

"....they went to his home and seized more than five computers stacked in a room. Gonzalez’s wife and two children, ages 8 and 10, were home at the time. We don’t think his wife was involved in it, but she knew about his fetish,” Byrd said, adding she appeared to have health problems...."

and

"...So far, Gonzalez is accused of downloading videos of children ages 7 to 14 engaged in sexually explicit activities...."

more at link

In my mind, his wife is equally guilty!

Now that beats all I've ever heard.

Child *advertiser censored*....a fetish! WTH!

A fetish is when someone likes to lick toes, or men who like to dress in womens panties, that is what a fetish is.

Looking at adults having sex with children is NOT a fetish! It is a SICKNESS and one that is against the LAW!

So, he's lived in three countries; the US, Japan, and Spain. He's lived in Georgia, Colorado, Virginia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Hawaii. Who knows how many cities. He speaks multiple languages. This is a nightmare of possible abuse allegations.

I noted that he works the neuro and orthopedic depts. at the hospital. I wonder if children are served there or if he's ever worked with children. Many of his friends have children and he lives with two children who are of the age of his "fetish" (Lord help me, how STUPID!!) preference.

I just found this (note the key word, "other") on another news site:

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=13011760

"Alberto Gonzalez, 41, of Moss Point faces a minimum of 10 years in prison on each of the 30 charges.

Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said the investigation is continuing "on extensive other felony charges to be presented to the Jackson County Grand Jury."

I just found this (note the key word, "other") on another news site:

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=13011760

"Alberto Gonzalez, 41, of Moss Point faces a minimum of 10 years in prison on each of the 30 charges.

Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd said the investigation is continuing "on extensive other felony charges to be presented to the Jackson County Grand Jury."

great catch, missizzy. That has my mind racing.

I'm so sad. I just looked through his MS pictures and his girls are so adorable, happy little ones. Now look what they have to face. So, so sad. :)

OK, I cannot get past the wife not reporting this man's vile practices while still being in the home. The woman was not arrested. That tells us that LE truly believe she's not involved. I have no idea why she would admit to knowing and doing nothing but maybe she is truly ill.

As a disabled person myself, I have to say that my husband could be raising baby goats in his office (downstairs) and I wouldn't know. Raising baby goats in the house might be against the zoning codes but it's not a felony offense or a crime against children. If I learned that my spouse was doing something of this nature, even bedbound and unable to speak well, I'd still find a way. Could she not have sent a sealed note to a teacher via her child?

If she is extremely ill, her husband might be providing care for her to keep home health care nurses from visiting. From the MS page above, she was able to travel internationally a few years ago. Do none of the extended family ever come to the home to visit her, especially being that she's so ill? Is she seriously impaired due to pain meds? How does her doctor see her to prescribe those meds? Or is the drugging being done at home--you know, by an RN?

I'm just flummoxed as to how a woman married to a RN (who would have extensive training in mandated reporting of child abuse) and the mother of two children on the Honor Roll, could be silenced.

I have to say that I'm relieved. Hopefully, there's a suitable family member or friend available for placement:

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...e-charged-in-child-*advertiser censored*-case

"The Mississippi Press reports that 41-year-old Alberto Gonzalez’s bond has been set at $1.5 million and he was being held at the Jackson County Detention Center.

Ocean Springs Hospital spokesman Richard Lucas says Gonzalez has been suspended indefinitely from his position at the hospital pending a review of the charges.

Byrd says the suspect’s two children have been placed in protective custody...."

more at link

This guy was employed at the same hospital for 10 years. A spokesperson said he worked on the orthopedic and neuro floors.

Hmmmmmmm.

From all the articles we have gathered it appears the feds think he's a major player in child *advertiser censored*. From what I just read in this article (sorry if it's already been posted) that he was downloading videos. They seemed to be in spurts. He'd download them in X amount of consecutive days and then stop and then do it again.

Flummoxed is right.

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/19/2417719/os-nurse-faces-child-*advertiser censored*-charges.html

The last comment from a friend on his Myspace said she is a "correctional nurse" but was looking for other employment. If that means she works in the prison system she just may be caring for a person she is friends with. Good chance he'll get beat up if they find out what he's in for.

As for "fetish" I have to look up the definition of that.

I hope these children are as happy as they appear and that this sicko has not practiced his 'fetish' with/upon them. Poor girls!

Main Entry: fe·tish
Variant(s): also fe·tich \ˈfe-tish also ˈfē-\
Function: noun
Etymology: French & Portuguese; French fétiche, from Portuguese feitiço, from feitiço artificial, false, from Latin facticius factitious
Date: 1613
1 a : an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly : a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence b : an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion : prepossession c : an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression
2 : a rite or cult of fetish worshipers
3 : fixation

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fetish

So, definitely NOT a fetish, unless you want to get stuck on the fixation.

A felony and an aberration to society!!

In the comments under the Sun Herald article a poster states that:

"....She is a nice lady and VERY competent nurse, shocking she allowed this to happen to her and her children, my heart goes out to them, NOT him..."

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/19...ion=page_nav#Comments_Container#ixzz0xO8f8VSz

Note: This poster says "is" not "was". How can she be a nurse if she's so ill?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back