summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.ajc.com/news/clayton/clayton-police-woman-missing-594055.html

Clayton County News 5:47 p.m.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Clayton police: Woman missing under 'suspicious circumstances'
By Kristi E. Swartz
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Clayton County police are looking for a 20-year-old woman who has been missing since July.

Janell Crystal Aaron was last seen in the 1600 block of Dayna Drive in Riverdale, police said.

There are "suspicious circumstances" surrounding her disappearance, police said. Investigators did not elaborate on those circumstances Tuesday.

Aaron is black, 5-feet, 6-inches tall and weighs about 110 pounds.

She has several tattoos, including one of the zodiac sign Aries on her right forearm and a diamond on the back of her neck.

missing-0817_650977l.jpg

Police Search for Missing Young Mother

Clayton County police are asking for help in finding the mother of a young baby. They say 20-year-old Janelle Aaron has been missing for more than a month. Police say her disappearance is suspicious and she could be in danger.

Police say there has been no activity on Aaron’s phone or through her bank account, and she has not sent text messages or emails. No one has heard from her since she left her 5-month-old daughter, Janirah, with her boyfriend and went to look for a job. That was on July 15.

More: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/police-search-for-missing-young-mother-20100817-es

http://www.mycountypaper.com/claytonnewsdaily/headlines/101047524.html

Posted: 11:55 PM Aug 18, 2010
By Maria-José Subiria
msubiria@news-daily.com

The Clayton County Police Department was able to provide more information, Wednesday, in the case of a missing Riverdale woman.

Janell Crystal Aaron, 20, was last seen on July 15, according to Officer Otis Willis, III, a public information officer for the department.

Errol Moore, the father of Aaron’s five-month-old daughter, was reportedly the last person to see Aaron, said Willis. He said Moore arrived at Aaron’s residence, in the 1600 block of Dayna Drive, in Riverdale, on July 15, to pick up the couple’s baby. “The child was left with him,” he added.

Missing Mom's Boyfriend: Baby Misses Her

RIVERDALE, Ga. -- The boyfriend of a Clayton County woman, missing since mid-July, said their 5-month-old daughter misses her mother.

Errol Moore, 19, said he and his mother have been caring for little Janyra ever since Janell Aaron, 20, vanished without a trace.

“I've been putting up pictures, I’ve been on Facebook, talking to her friends, calling her,” said Moore. He said last saw his girlfriend when he picked up their daughter from Aaron's Riverdale apartment in the 1600 block of Dayna Drive in Riverdale in mid-July.

Clayton County Police said there are "suspicious circumstances" surrounding Aaron's disappearance. Detectives said no friends or family members have heard from Aaron since she disappeared.

"This is out of her character," said Aaron's aunt, Janice Aaron-Whitley, who raised Aaron during her teenage years. "She didn't do this to me as a teenager. She's always been the responsible one for me."

Moore said he believes his girlfriend initially left because she was overwhelmed with the stress of being a new mom. But as time passes, he worries that something bad has happened to her.

Moore spoke to the television camera in hopes that his girlfriend would see the story. “We show her your picture every day," he said of his daughter. "And she knows who you are, and you know that she’s missing you. You know that you miss her. So you need to just come back and just be happy again.”

Investigators describe Aaron as black, 5-feet, 6-inches tall and weighing 110 pounds.

She has several tattoos, including one of the zodiac sign Aries on her right forearm, and a diamond on the back of her neck.

Police said Aaron also has a tattoo with her daughter's name on her right calf.

"Her (Aaron's) mom left her, so she promised she would never leave her child. She promised because she was left," said Aaron-Whitley.

Anyone with information about Aaron's disappearance is asked to call Detective Childs of the Clayton County Police Department at 678-614-9099.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/24666911/detail.html

I hope she makes it home safely to her baby, I wonder if she took off on her own??

I hope she makes it home safely to her baby, I wonder if she took off on her own??

I just don't think so...a month before any media attention. Someone would have heard from her, jmo.

TexasLil, how did you find that article & video? I've been searching since Summer brought this to our attention. Great Job!

TexasLil, how did you find that article & video? I've been searching since Summer brought this to our attention. Great Job!

I love Google and it sometimes loves me back! :)

It would be so nice to capture the picture of Janell & Janyira sleeping. That is a beautiful picture in that video.

Snipped from Article...

Aaron’s cousin, Tyra Aaron, called police on July 19 to report her missing, according to Officer E. Glover, of the Clayton County Police Department.

“The complainant [Tyra Aaron] advised that witness No. 1 [Moore] would not give any information on when the last time he saw her [Janell Aaron], or his whereabouts with the baby,” said Glover, in the police report.

http://www.mycountypaper.com/claytonnews/headlines/101047524.html

For fhc

Attachments

• missing mom.jpg
    missing mom.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 73
Why no listing here???

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmalistview.php?wstr=Adult&alpha=A&state=GA

Is it LE's responsibility to refer her case? Family?

What searches are being done? Vigils?

AFAIK, family generally needs to submit cases to sites like the one above.

Unfortunately, it is easy to let missing person's cases slip through the cracks and get little to no attention from the general public (especially adult cases). Generally, families and friends of the missing person need to be the ones to get the word out. And, of course, websites like this where concerned and caring people can do their part. Sometimes LE plays a more active role in alerting media, organizing searches, etc. It all depends on the jurisdiction.

Errol says he has been posting pictures on Facebook. Has anyone found any?

Errol says he has been posting pictures on Facebook. Has anyone found any?

I can't find a facebook or myspace for Errol, Tyra or Janell. The Aunt has two facebook accounts. One is private. The other only contains a thank you for your prayers and support message. No pics that I can see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back