Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    BBM
    How far away is Kimmie's house from Lindsey's house?
    1-1.5 hours depending on the route you take....

I have no issue with Lindsey getting coverage. Though I don't think clearing brush to look for her should be a priority over a recently missing disabled teen.

That is just my opinion though.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Investigation continuing into disappearance of developmentally delayed Puyallup teen

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime...puyallup-teen/

Posted By Kris Sherman on August 21, 2010 at 11:46 am

Four teams of tracking dogs and search-and-rescue crews are continuing the investigation into the disappearance of a developmentally delayed Puyallup teen.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    1-1.5 hours depending on the route you take....

I have no issue with Lindsey getting coverage. Though I don't think clearing brush to look for her should be a priority over a recently missing disabled teen.

That is just my opinion though.

You said it better. That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you!
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

6. The Following User Says Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Investigation continuing into disappearance of developmentally delayed Puyallup teen

Four teams of tracking dogs and search-and-rescue crews are continuing the investigation into the disappearance of a developmentally delayed Puyallup teen.

The dogs, which can pick up scents, are part of a multiday effort to discover what happened to Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily, 16, who was last seen Tuesday afternoon on her bike near the South Hill Mall.

The teams out today are checking out "hot spots, places where she would normally hang out," Pierce County Sheriff's Sgt. Mike Blair said this morning.

The effort went from an active search to an investigation on Friday.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I moved a number of posts from this thread over to Kimmie's thread in the MIssing/Located Discussion Forum here:

WA WA - Kimmie Daily, 16, South Hill, 17 Aug 2010 - Developmentally Delayed - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hoppy
    mod
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

KIROTV 7 news at 5pm

A team of 6 detectives now assigned to the case.

Massive search turned up no sign of her.

Was 7 minutes into the broadcast...only the 3rd story in though. The triple homicide understandably took up 5 minutes. Lindsey Baum was right after Kimmie.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    I called Mr Daily a few minutes ago to offer the help of Lindseys Search Center.

He said LE is asking for volunteers to hold off right now because they have dogs out and their own SAR out searching and they don't want friends/family to interfere. I totally respect that. He gave me the detectives name who is in charge of the case and told me to contact him and ask about setting up searches. I will do that in the next few days.

Her phone was pinged within 3/4 of a mile of the home but the battery died before they could pin point it.

The bike has not been located.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JenniferO For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    I called Mr Daily a few minutes ago to offer the help of Lindseys Search Center.

He said LE is asking for volunteers to hold off right now because they have dogs out and their own SAR out searching and they don't want friends/family to interfere. I totally respect that. He gave me the detectives name who is in charge of the case and told me to contact him and ask about setting up searches. I will do that in the next few days.

Her phone was pinged within 3/4 of a mile of the home but the battery died before they could pin point it.

The bike has not been located.
    I'm glad you did that. I am local and was contemplating calling him myself and encouraging working for more media coverage. I think the lack of coverage (I follow KOMO News) is ridiculous.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to armywife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrymeARiver View Post
    Ugh! Who saw her near the Mall? I'm not from Washington, and the streets are hard for me to understand, but it looks like the Mall is 6-7 miles from Kimmie's house which looks to be north of the home, yet her cellphone pings were approx. 3/4 mile east. Is that right?

There are quite a few child sex offenders between Kimmie's house and the mall. I wonder if they have been investigated.

My prayers to Kimmie's family that she is found safe.
    The streets here are very weird - there are multiple streets by the same name, but the numbers are different - my street is in 8000 series, then less than a mile away there is a street by the exact same name, different neighborhood and the houses are in the 9000. Some searches do pull it up as 6 or so miles - but that is from a 3000-3500 block. The exact address isn't given in the news (from what I can see), but I think this map would be where her home is in relation to the mall.
    106th Ave Ct E to South Hill Mall

Meridian is the busiest street in Puyallup. For a person with the cognitive ability of a 9 year old I don't think it would be safe to cross. I ride my bike with a friend and we never cross Meridian even though our area is much less busy than down by the mall. IMO they need to get word out to more people - a wider range of reverse 911. If she was around there someone had to have seen something. There is *so* much activity in that area.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to armywife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by armywife View Post
    I'm glad you did that. I am local and was contemplating calling him myself and encouraging working for more media coverage. I think the lack of coverage (I follow KOMO News) is ridiculous.
    I encouraged keeping on medias butts to run her story. I told him we'd also print out flyers and get them posted in our areas. I gave him information on Laura Recovery Center to help him also.

He was a very nice man and was very open to hearing what I had to offer. He told me he would be in contact with anything new that came up.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JenniferO For This Useful Post:

Here's a Facebook Support page for Kimmie:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-K...?ref=ts&v=wall

Maybe us locals can find a way to help...search, passing out fliers...bringing the family meals?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mamabumblebum For This Useful Post:

I would go help if they wanted it. I'm no expert but I would do what I could to help search, volunteer, or help with donations. Poor Sweetheart.....I hope LE can find her. I don't want to think the thoughts I'm thinking here.....

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to breanna For This Useful Post:

A friend who lives fairly close and works in that area brought this to me last night to see what I could get. Seems I pegged enough to warrant her linking me to the news report and I am a bit stunned. A map also confirmed what I got in there being a wooded area, with water very close, and directly east of the street she was last seen on. The cell phone ping location prompts me to post here and ask if there is ANYONE nearby that can contact the father or LE and see if they can search the area around the McMillin Resevoir, especially the woods directly east of there. I also got you can 'see the valley' if you walk a short distance. Topo maps seem to confirm this. I really feel strongly about this area!

I could maybe help someone narrow down this 'place' I got, if wanted.
    Last edited by TeenyTaurus; 08-22-2010 at 12:57 AM.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TeenyTaurus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TeenyTaurus View Post
    A friend who lives fairly close and works in that area brought this to me last night to see what I could get. Seems I pegged enough to warrant her linking me to the news report and I am a bit stunned. A map also confirmed what I got in there being a wooded area, with water very close, and directly east of the street she was last seen on. The cell phone ping location prompts me to post here and ask if there is ANYONE nearby that can contact the father or LE and see if they can search the area around the McMillin Resevoir, especially the woods directly east of there. I also got you can 'see the valley' if you walk a short distance. Topo maps seem to confirm this. I really feel strongly about this area!
    According to what the father told me tonight they are searching in about a three mile radius. The Reservoir looks to be about 1.5 miles so I'm assuming that would be on the search area but if I talk to the dad I will ask him for sure.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JenniferO For This Useful Post:

okay, good... I see there is an access the the area I feel most strongly about, but one would go through a residential area, not through the resevoir's area itself. It's up north of the wooded area, off a dead end street. Sunridge Way? there is a cleared area in there... just keeps drawing me there over and over. Might be SOMETHING there.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeenyTaurus For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast