Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: WA - Kimmie Daily, 16, South Hill, 17 Aug 2010

I am obviously missing something here but I'm also not exactly impartial. So I'm thinking outloud.

400 yards (between 1/4 and 1/2 a mile)
    seems like it would be a dream search for most SAR....compared to a 3 square mile radius.

1. Odds are if she WAS abducted and taken in a car, her phone is probably not far off a main road...having just been dropped or tossed during the abduction.

2. If she was not taken in a car, then her phone is probably really close to her...not having been noticed by the perp or if there was no perp.

3. If it was there, why would it have moved after the battery died...but not been turned back on...(like if someone just found it and decided to use it.) Unless it was still with Kimmie and someone moved her after the phone died.

Either way assuming it IS still there...it seems it would be rather simple and/or very worth it to find the phone. A metal detector would likely pick it up if it was a bit under the ground, though there isn't much reason to hide the phone...unless it wasn't intentional.

If SAR can clear a 3 mile radius or a 5 mile radius and clear it, that a skeletal baby isn't in that area....then why can't they clear a half mile radius and ensure a cell phone isn't there? That really seems very reasonable to me and actually much easier compared to what they usually have to do..

Article:

Police Treating Teen's Disappearance As A Crime

Police investigating the disappearance of a 16-year-old Puyallup girl tell KIRO 7 Eyewitness News they are treating the case as if a crime has taken place, although they've found no evidence of foul play.

Searchers on the ground and in the air are focusing on a three-square-mile area surrounding the spot where Kimberly Daily was last seen, the Pierce County Sheriff's Office said Monday, while detectives are investigating tips with help from the FBI.

A GPS-equipped cell phone led them to the area, but they could only track the phone to within 400 yards of its location, authorities told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Chris Legeros. The phone is now off.

Detectives are contacting registered sex offenders in the area and looking at spots where Daily visited, but the Sheriff's Office said there have been no substantive leads.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/24733541/detail.html

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

um... posted a couple of days ago... "The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department continued its search for the teen Thursday, covering a 3-square-mile area around the family’s home on 106th Avenue Court East."
    Unless they meant to say a 3-mile RADIUS, that means they only searched a mile out from the home, not 3.
    Still bugged about going east.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyTaurus For This Useful Post:

JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Just got home from spending the day with the family and gaining a lot of information.

Yes, there is a candle light vigil tomorrow night at 8pm (they have limited candles so we are asking people to please bring one with them) and we will be helping them organize searches for this coming Saturday and Sunday.
    If there are any locals please come join us. We have a lot of area to cover. Keep your eyes on her Facebook page for updates on time and location (we haven't found a search center location yet but are working on it)
    You can email bringkimmiehome@yahoo.com with questions or if you are interested in helping with donations ( a few things needed water, granola bars, muffins, copier, paper, pens, latex gloves).

I'm not positive but KOMO news is saying that she's been found, tragically, deceased. Poor girl
    They have a suspect in custody.

http://www.komonews.com/

In The Forest With The Top Down

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to christee For This Useful Post:

The developmentally-disabled girl who disappeared last week has been found dead.

Det. Ed Troyer said Kimmie Daily's body was found in a ditch 12 blocks from her home, and an unidentified 18-year-old suspect has been taken into custody.

Investigators said the suspect led them to the girl's body. It is not known whether the victim knew the suspect.

http://puyallup.komonews.com/content...uspect-custody

I will try and watch the 11pm news if no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by christee View Post
    I'm not positive but KOMO news is saying that she's been found, tragically, deceased. Poor girl
    They have a suspect in custody.

http://www.komonews.com/

9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

How awful.

RIP Kimmie

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JenniferO For This Useful Post:

Oh no. Why??? I'm so sorry Kimmie. And to her dad and grandma and Marcella....We are so so sorry. Poor sweetheart. She didn't deserve this. My thougts and prayers are with you all.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to breanna For This Useful Post:

RIP Sweet Kimmie.

Thank you Jennifer O for all you have done to support this family.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to armywife For This Useful Post:

My heart is just broken. I hadn't heard the news until I came here. That poor, sweet girl.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

dear god.... RIP, Kimmie, dear. Justice will prevail. At least they caught the A*****.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TeenyTaurus For This Useful Post:

Noooooo......

Rest in peace Kimmie.

The family is in my thoughts and prayers.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

We were in the process of working on this when we got the news..

http://findkimmiedaily.blogspot.com/

I haven't talked to Cecil yet.. but I did talk to the neighbor. She said she was with the family and would keep me updated on how they were and any information they heard.

I just don't understand this. My heart hurts so bad for this family. Such neat people, they didn't deserve this.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JenniferO For This Useful Post:

Oh how horrible....the poor innocent girl......what the heck is going on with this world!!!!
    REVAMPZ

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:

Please do Jennifer...if there is anything we can do, please let us know.

The contradictions in reporting are astounding. But for what it's worth, here are the articles.

At least the location address wise seems to be consistent. It appears to be North East of her house, I don't know if it's 6 blocks or 12. It may be a half a mile flying, but I believe when actually walking, biking or driving it is a mile.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=16
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pierce County sheriff’s officers found the body of a missing teenage girl Monday night, about six blocks away from her South Hill home.

Kimmie Daily, 16, apparently was the victim of a homicide, Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said.

Her body, which had been concealed, was found at about 7:30 p.m.

Earlier, Sheriff’s officers arrested an 18-year-old male believed involved in the girl’s disappearance, Troyer said. The man had been “on our radar” for a short period of time before his arrest, Troyer said.

“It’s good that we found her, but obviously it’s not the outcome we were hoping for,” Troyer said.

On Monday night they found her, near 122nd Street East and 115th Avenue Court East, perhaps half a mile from her home.

“Our heart goes out to Kimmie’s family,” Sheriff Paul Pastor said in a statement. “This was a difficult case which impacted all of us. In cases like this we see our own kids – especially if we have kids with handicaps.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/0...irl-found.html

The girl's body was found in a vacant lot on 122nd Street East.

A 18-year-old male who lives in the neighborhood was questioned by police and eventually led police to the dump site. He has been taken into custody.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Body...101355884.html

The body of Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily, 16, was found in a ditch six blocks from her South Hill area home, and an unidentified 18-year-old male suspect was taken into custody, KING reported.

KING said the suspect lives in Daily's neighborhood.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yallup24m.html

The cause of death has not yet been determined.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420a...ody_found.html

Blair said police followed the 18-year-old suspect to Kimberly Daily's body.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/24737666/detail.html

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

I wonder why they are not releasing the suspect info given he is 18. A quick search of the Pierce County jail roster shows a male booked on Murder 1 at 22:22 today.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to armywife For This Useful Post:

I'll never understand this. I'm so furious right now How can anyone kill a child? Especially one like Kimmie? So vulnerable. So defenseless. Sixteen going on 9 years old? So developmentally disabled....Just disgusting.

I have NO patience for these creeps who do this. One strike....you are out. I hope this 18yr old never sees the light of day again. And I don't care what his story is. If he's so damaged he can do this to Kimmie, he's damaged beyond repair. Nothing is going to help him. Ever. Lock him up and throw away the friggin key.

35. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to breanna For This Useful Post:

KIROTV 7 11pm news:

They talked to the 18 year old early in the investigation, then returned to him Monday with more questions after canvassing the neighborhood.

He then led them to Kimmie. She is on a vacant 1 acre lot in a wooded area, towards the back.

He is still being questioned by detectives, it is not clear what he has told them.

They expect to be at the scene all night, they have set up a lighting system to gather evidence and recover Kimmie...to seek justice for the family.

They are not sure if they had searched this area already or not, they are checking on that.

They didn't say anything about whether they found her phone or bike there.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Oh no. I'm so sorry, Kimmie. I will never understand how people can do this. Rest in peace, sweet girl.

Does anyone know if there will still be a candlelight vigil tomorrow, in memory of Kimmie?
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by armywife View Post
    I wonder why they are not releasing the suspect info given he is 18. A quick search of the Pierce County jail roster shows a male booked on Murder 1 at 22:22 today.
    OMG....what an incredibly creepy...appropriate name he has. I would suspect that's the right one. Here we have date of birth, tattoos, height, weight and a picture on our jail bookings.

It's possible his own family is out of town or something. They may be trying to contact HIS family to inform them, before they tell the media his name...out of respect for his family.

This is going to destroy Kimmie's family...but it will also damage the....it's family as well.

The jail roster, how handy, the ones with little stars are recent bookings:

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/li...JailRoster.cfm

41. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Oh no. I'm so sorry, Kimmie. I will never understand how people can do this. Rest in peace, sweet girl.

Does anyone know if there will still be a candlelight vigil tomorrow, in memory of Kimmie?
    We aren't sure. I will let everyone know when I know.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JenniferO For This Useful Post:

Is it ok to post the initials? I don't really want to go through everyones name

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JenniferO For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    Is it ok to post the initials? I don't really want to go through everyones name
    The only person on the jail roster who has been booked in the last 3 days for any type of murder or homicide has a last name starting with S.

It's a creepy name too given the circumstances and how you would describe the crime.

Remember, stars mean they have been booked in the last 3 days.

47. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

think there is a photo on facebook......is one under that name and the hometown matches...
    REVAMPZ

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast