GUILTY WA - Kimmie Daily, 16, South Hill, 17 Aug 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2010/08/18/search-ongoing-for-missing-south-hill-teen/

Search ongoing for missing South Hill teen
Posted By Stacia Glenn on August 18, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Pierce County sheriff’s detectives are searching for a teen girl who left her South Hill home on Tuesday and didn’t return.

Kimmie Daily, 16, left home in the 12700 block of 106th Ave. Ct. E. to ride her bicycle to a friend’s house but she never arrived.

After Kimmie’s family reported her missing, detectives began calling friends and neighbors but didn’t find the girl.

Today, Det. Ed Troyer, sheriff's spokesman, said they are using an airplane and search and rescue dogs to canvass the area.

Kimmie was last seen wearing a light blue T-shirt, blue, red and white shorts and carrying a red backpack. She was riding a green Next-brand bike with pegs on the back.

She is described as 4-foot-9, weighs 97 pounds and has short brown hair and surgery scars on both ankles.

If anyone sees Kimmie or has information on her whereabouts, they are asked to call 911.

100818_missing_puyallup-330x400.jpg

This is right by my house, less than a mile. The helicopters have been circling overhead, late into the night last night. Cops everywhere. Im curious as to why they are not making a bigger deal out of this on the local news stations...is it because she is 16 and might be considered a run-away? :waitasec:

The county fair just tore down and was ready to leave town on Monday eve the 16th.
When this occurred to me , I got chills up and down my arms..We only live a couple miles from where the Fair was, and a few more from where she went missing.
Those small carnivals always bring in such a transient population..
I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you for staying on top of this Summer.

Prayers for Kimmie's safe return soon.

New video interview with Kimmie's dad.

http://puyallup.komonews.com/content/search-continues-missing-girl-south-hill

Daily's father said Daily always calls when she's running late and had her cell phone with her at the time of disappearance.
Police, however, are unable to pinpoint the cell phone's location.
Detectives have also searched Daily's laptop and questioned more than two dozen of her friends, relatives and neighbors.

I live across the street where they have set up camp and also see the helicopters go by frequently. I am totally disturbed that it took so long for the media to get on this but am glad that it's finally getting some attention. I hope this girl safe soon...

I am so terribly worried about this young woman. :( Kimmie is incredibly vulnerable and there are a lot of temporary/short term workers who pass through the area with different fair/expos/car sales-type events in this area. The big Puyallup Fair is already gearing up, seasonal workers being gathered and organized, planning stage in high gear, etc........I really worry about the influx of people surrounding this major WA event. I pray she is found quickly and safely but I'm going to bed with a very troubled heart and head.
Sweet Kimmie is in my prayers and will continue to be........please please let her be OK. :praying:

ETA: I am very disappointed that our local news stations are not giving her disappearance the high-priority attention it deserves!!!!!
I'm going to give my two radio friends a major heads-up asap so that they will discuss Kimmie during their 4-7pm show tomorrow.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/20/1308203/disabled-girl-missing-since-tuesday.html

BY STACIA GLENN, Staff writer
Published: 08/20/10 7:34 am | Updated: 08/20/10 7:34 am

Cecil Daily is not sleeping much, wondering where his developmentally challenged teen daughter is after she disappeared more than two days ago.

He was at work Tuesday afternoon when 16-year-old Kimmie Daily hopped on a green BMX bicycle, promising her grandma that she would return to their South Hill house by 3 p.m.

Kimmie still hasn’t come home.

Media is slowly beginning to talk about this...took too long in my opinion. Helicopters were out again yesterday, late into the evening. I drove by the house, no LE, but what looked like friends and family in the yard, handing out flyers.

Media is slowly beginning to talk about this...took too long in my opinion. Helicopters were out again yesterday, late into the evening. I drove by the house, no LE, but what looked like friends and family in the yard, handing out flyers.

There is a video at the link that explains that they were not aware of the level of her disability right away and were treating it at first as a regular runaway case.

With a developmentally-delayed teenager still missing after 48 hours, search crews arrived in force Thursday, scouring a two-mile radius for any sign of Kimmie Daily.

The 16-year-old with short brown hair was last seen wearing red basketball shorts, a light blue t-shirt, and red backpack.

Cecil Daily, Kimmie's dad, says his daughter disappeared Tuesday after leaving to ride her green BMX bike to a friend's house.
About 40 people with Pierce County Search and Rescue spent the day searching near Daily's home in the 12700 block of 106th Ave. Ct. E.

Crews are using a helicopter and search dogs to help in the search. Officials say Daily has the mental capacity of a 9-year-old, and they are very concerned about her safety.
Pierce County used its reverse 911 system to alert 15,000 homes within the search area of the girl's disappearance. So far, there is no evidence of foul play, but there's no reason to believe that she is a runaway, either, officials said.

Daily's father said Daily always calls when she's running late and had her cell phone with her at the time of disappearance.
Police, however, are unable to pinpoint the cell phone's location.
Detectives have also searched Daily's laptop and questioned more than two dozen of her friends, relatives and neighbors.

If you have any information concerning Daily's whereabouts, you are urged to contact the Pierce County Sheriff's Department.

Her thread in the support forum:
WA WA - Kimmie Daily - 16 years old - South Hill - August 17, 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

100819_kimmie_new.jpg

{snipped}
The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department continued its search for the teen Thursday, covering a 3-square-mile area around the family’s home on 106th Avenue Court East .
About 40 search-and-rescue volunteers knocked on doors, her friends passed out fliers, four canine teams were deployed and various aircraft scoured open fields for any sign of Kimmie.
A call went out to thousands of residents, notifying them of the missing girl and asking for any information.
Daily walked the streets until 3 a.m. the night his daughter didn’t come home, slept fitfully for a while and rose again at 6 a.m. to keep looking.
Now, he is leaving the search to the professionals and holding vigil at home.
“I’m trying to stay here for her to be coming home,” Daily said. “I’m trying to hold out hope.”
Kimmie did not take extra clothes, money or her wallet . She has no history of running away and has never been in trouble.
Her family says she operates at about the mental level of a 9-yearold.
She briefly visited a friend’s house two blocks away on Tuesday morning and was supposed to be returning there when she left home about 1 p.m.
Neighbors spotted her riding her bike about that time, but Kimmie has not been seen since.
“She very well could be a runaway, but based on her being special-needs, we don’t think she is,” said sheriff’s Sgt. Mike Blair. “My hope is that she’s staying with a friend and doesn’t realize she’s missing.”
There is no evidence of foul play.
Janis Hardy, a volunteer with the Northwest Bloodhounds Search and Rescue, said she hopes using dogs will narrow the search area.
She and her bloodhound, Follie, walked more than 3 miles Thursday looking for any scent of Kimmie. Hardy is using an eyeshadow brush from the missing teen’s makeup bag as a “scent article” for the bloodhound to track.
After walking a 100-foot stretch on a Puyallup street where somebody reported seeing Kimmie early Thursday, Follie sniffed for several moments, then stopped.
“There’s nothing here,” Hardy said.

They have tracked her phone, it is supposedly within 3/4 of a mile, east of the house, according to the Dad. They just can't narrow it down more than that, which probably just means it doesn't have exact GPS in it? He talks about it in this video: http://puyallup.komonews.com/content/search-continues-missing-girl-south-hill

About 3/4 of a mile east there is Subway, McDonalds, Holiday Inn, a salon. Closer than 3/4 of a mile it is mostly residential. There is a couple of large buildings and large parking lots. Lots of trees, of course.

I do not see any water though.

This is every parents worst fear when you have a child with special needs...especially if the child doesn't have a obvious and common diagnosis. The police don't understand, don't take it seriously, don't realize the extent of the child's delay. They treat it as a runaway and lose time. Almost 72 hours now. It doesn't even come up on the front page of the sites that do have it up. :(

Side note....that Dad has absolutely gorgeous eyes. The pictures of Kimmie are not real clear. But if she has those eyes, they would stand out.

There is also this young lady missing 2 hours away from Kimmie, on August 4.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/aug/20/family-frantic-about-missing-ridgefield-teen-fathe/

The other one on August 4, Alyssa on her way to 7 eleven (mentioned in a comment on an article about Kimmie) has been located.

Is her bike missing also? Did I miss that fact? TIA

Sure hope LE find this lovely child.

Search continues for missing South Hill teen

The search continues today for a 16-year-old developmentally-delayed girl who was last seen Tuesday afternoon on her bike near the South Hill Mall.

Pierce County sheriff's detectives are back in Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily's neighborhood this morning, knocking on doors and asking residents if they've seen or heard from the girl. The department also send out 400 faxes to business along the Meridian Avenue corridor with Daily's information and asking that they search their property for any abandoned bicycles, sheriff's Sgt. Mike Blair said.

So far, there's been no sign of the teen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back