1225 users online (293 members and 932 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WI - Dontray Miquel Hunter, 1, Milwaukee, 20 Aug 1975

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1863DMWI

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1863dmwi.html

Dontray Miquel Hunter
    Missing since August 20, 1975 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 12, 1973
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 1 year old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0" (91 cm); 30 lbs. (14 kg)
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes.
    Clothing: White t-shirt, olive green colored trousers. White tennis shoes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Dontray was last seen playing outside of his home on August 20, 1975.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Milwaukee Police Department
    414-933-4444

NCMEC #: NCMC1138063

Source Information:
    National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...r_dontray.html
    Same details of circumstances as Doe Network.

No archived articles for Dontray.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6203/0/
    NamUs Profile:
    Dental: NA
    DNA: NA
    Fingerprints: NA

Dontray has been missing 35 years today. Come home soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Over a year since this was posted and no comments?? Poor little guy - I'm bumping the thread for him!

I find it frustrating whenever there's a case where almost no details are given, like this one. Was anyone else outside with Dontray, as I'd imagine, since he was so young? Was anything suspicious seen in the area in the days prior or after? Was there anything noteworthy about his parents, i.e. a rocky relationship, any shady activities or acquaintances, etc?

Are there any more details on this case? There seems almost nothing to go on.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Bumping, Dontray has been missing for 40 years. Sad to see such a lack of information on his case.

From last year:

40 years after toddler vanished, the search — and the pain — endures

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...329669801.html

Forty years after baby Dontray Miquel Hunter vanished, his mother still pictures him out there somewhere — alive, grown up and unaware of his true identity.

"I think someone has him," Diana Rittmeyer told me. "People don't just disappear. I mean this is not a movie. This is real life. Someone is raising him as their own, and he's not their child."

Dontray would be 42 now and all raised up. He was not quite 2 years old the last time Diana saw him, playing with his sister on the porch of their home near N. 18th and W. Locust streets.
    In an interview last week, Diana told me what happened on the morning of Aug. 20, 1975. She was waiting for her grandmother to pick her up for a trip to the post office. Dontray and his sister were playing on the porch on a blanket, and Diana was upstairs at the duplex getting herself and infant Dante dressed.

Consuelo came inside to use the bathroom, and when she returned to the porch Dontray was gone. Diana raced downstairs and began to search for her son, who was wearing a white T-shirt, olive green pants and white sneakers. Neighbors joined the effort. Even in broad daylight, nobody reported seeing Dontray wandering off or anyone snatching him.

"We're all looking. Nothing," Diana said. "I called my grandmother and told her, and she said, 'You better call the cops.' I called them. And that's where my nightmare begins. I never saw him again."
    Yet the police and his mother share a sense of cautious optimism about bringing Dontray home. Officer Smith said he has seen it happen, even after five, 10 or more years. He doesn't like to think of these as cold cases.

"They're never forgotten," he said. "We're always looking for new information to try to help solve these cases."

Over the years, Diana has scanned people's faces in crowds, looking for Dontray. She remembers that he had a birthmark on the back of his neck, which could help identify him even now.

"He is alive. That's what I'm going to always believe," she said. "And one day we're going to find him."