1130 users online (225 members and 905 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Elmer 'A.J.' Knoll, 23, Bedford, 20 Aug 1995

The Doe Network:
    Case File 2030DMTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2030dmtx.html

Elmer Arthur John Knoll
    Missing since August 20, 1995 from Bedford, Tarrant County, Texas
    Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 12, 1972
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"-5'9".
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark brown, almost black hair; dark brown eyes. He has a short stocky type build, shorter legs and wider torso, much like you would see on a gymnast but, less muscular.
    Marks, Scars: He is believed to have had 2 or 3 unspecified tattoos at the time of his disappearance.
    AKA: A.J.
    Fingerprints: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Knoll was last seen in Bedford, Texas on or about August 20, 1995.
    There was never an official missing persons report simply because he was always in and out of trouble so most of the family assumed he was just running from trouble again. Some feel that he may have gotten back involved in drugs. His disappearance strikes his family as significant because no matter how much trouble he was ever in he always came back, usually for money. And, he definitely would have made some effort to try and see them no matter what the family situation was.
    He has also been known to be in Florida, Illinois and California.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

The Family of A. J. Knoll
    Email

Source Information:
    The Family of A. J. Knoll

I do not find A.J. listed in Charley Project at this time.

I do not find archived articles for A.J. at this time.

I do not find A.J. listed in NamUs at this time.

A.J. has been missing 15 years today. Come home soon.

Left: Knoll, circa 1988 at (about age 16) Right : circa 1991 - 1992 (at age 19 or 20)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bump.

I'm wondering if the date if last contact is off and this guy could be the grateful dead Jason doe. Knoll isn't in namus or on the rule out list for "Jason".
    The hair color is off but it's not unheard of for a guy to change that - especially if he's been in trouble.
    Last edited by apearn; 04-30-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Another side by side.

Elmer Arthur John Knoll

'Jason' came from somewhere and was headed back to somewhere so I was wondering if our Doe was not reported missing for a bit because the family thought he took the summer to travel with the GD show. So when Jerry died (Aug 9, 1995) or when the tour ended (July 9, 1995) maybe they reported him a bit after that when he didn't come back. Anyway, I started looking a few months after his death and I found this guy. There are a few inconsistencies but there are more similarities.

He is not in Namus and was not on the rule out list. I also didn't see any posts about him on J's threads.

It looks like he was put on DN July 6, 2011 - http://doenetwork.org/cases/2030dmtx.html

Elmer Arthur John Knoll

(the date is a few weeks off - later on it says on or about 8/20 - Inman NC is certainly on the way to Texas.)

Vital Statistics

(J's age is 16-21)

(J's height is 5'7 to 5'9")

Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark brown, almost black hair; dark brown eyes. He has a short stocky type build, shorter legs and wider torso, much like you would see on a gymnast but, less muscular.

(hair is off,eye color is good, build is about right with J's 33x32 jeans)

Marks, Scars: He is believed to have had 2 or 3 unspecified tattoos at the time of his disappearance.

(J has 2 tattoos)

There was never an official missing persons report because he was always in and out of trouble, so most of the family assumed he was just running from trouble again. Some believe that he may have gotten involved with drugs.

His disappearance strikes his family as significant because no matter how much trouble he was in he always came back, usually for money. He definitely would have made some effort to try and see them no matter what the family situation was.

(He travels)

There is a WS thread but I was the first to post a reply: TX TX - Elmer Arthur John Knoll, 23, Bedford, 20 Aug 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 01:53 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by apearn View Post
    'Jason' came from somewhere and was headed back to somewhere so I was wondering if our Doe was not reported missing for a bit because the family thought he took the summer to travel with the GD show. So when Jerry died (Aug 9, 1995) or when the tour ended (July 9, 1995) maybe they reported him a bit after that when he didn't come back. Anyway, I started looking a few months after his death and I found this guy. There are a few inconsistencies but there are more similarities.

He is not in Namus and was not on the rule out list. I also didn't see any posts about him on J's threads.

It looks like he was put on DN July 6, 2011 - http://doenetwork.org/cases/2030dmtx.html

Elmer Arthur John Knoll

(the date is a few weeks off - later on it says on or about 8/20 - Inman NC is certainly on the way to Texas.)

Vital Statistics

(J's age is 16-21)

(J's height is 5'7 to 5'9")

(hair is off,eye color is good, build is about right with J's 33x32 jeans)

(J has 2 tattoos)

There was never an official missing persons report because he was always in and out of trouble, so most of the family assumed he was just running from trouble again. Some believe that he may have gotten involved with drugs.

His disappearance strikes his family as significant because no matter how much trouble he was in he always came back, usually for money. He definitely would have made some effort to try and see them no matter what the family situation was.

(He travels)

There is a WS thread but I was the first to post a reply: TX TX - Elmer Arthur John Knoll, 23, Bedford, 20 Aug 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I doubt it since GDs fingerprints are also on file. There most likely would have been a hit on Namus.

I doubt it since GDs fingerprints are also on file. There most likely would have been a hit on Namus.
    Knoll isn't on Namus and the family had him listed on DN so idk if he'd have prints in any database. Maybe they are at the local PD.

Bump.

I'm wondering if the date if last contact is off and this guy could be the grateful dead Jason doe. Knoll isn't in namus or on the rule out list for "Jason".
    The hair color is off but it's not unheard of for a guy to change that - especially if he's been in trouble.
    i was wondering the same thing. with so many of the "knowns" i had about the GD case coming into question, I am wondering who may have been overlooked as a result.

how could we get confirmation that AJ's LKA date is truly after 6/95?

The doe network has a family member's email as a contact. I didn't email them because I wanted some feedback on them as a possible match.

Since it was summer and GD was at a Dead show I wouldn't be surprised if the LKA is showing as a later date - taking into consideration the subculture of fans who followed the Dead from show to show. I could see a family or an officer assuming a young adult got caught up in that crowd and thinking they'd pop up after the tour was over.

The doe network has a family member's email as a contact. I didn't email them because I wanted some feedback on them as a possible match.

Since it was summer and GD was at a Dead show I wouldn't be surprised if the LKA is showing as a later date - taking into consideration the subculture of fans who followed the Dead from show to show. I could see a family or an officer assuming a young adult got caught up in that crowd and thinking they'd pop up after the tour was over.
    i would say at this point it cant hurt to reach out and just make them aware of GD and say something along the lines of "i know the dates dont quite match up but I figured I would bring him to your attention in case the LKA date is listed wrong on the profile."

If the family lists an email, I would ask them if that date is set in stone? What can it hurt?

I will email them and see what I can find out.

The email bounced but I found that person on Facebook so I sent a message there. We shall see.

No reply on FB. I found another email and sent to that one. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by apearn; 07-03-2014 at 12:41 PM.

I've been looking for some more on Elmer today and one thing that popped in my head was that they said he traveled quite a bit but they never mentioned a car. Maybe it was an oversight or maybe he liked buses. It made me wonder if he was a regular hitchhiker though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast