OH - Brent Kandra, 24, killed by captive bear, Columbia Station, 19 Aug 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100820...jA3luX21vc3RfcG9wdWxhcgRzbGsDb2hpb2JlYXJraWxs

Ohio bear kills caretaker; owner had convictions

"A bear fatally mauled its caretaker at the home of a man who accumulated dozens of dangerous, exotic animals despite past convictions and losing his license after animal rights activists complained he was making money by letting people wrestle bears.

The bear in the attack southwest of Cleveland was not one that owner Sam Mazzola had used for wrestling, officials said. His license to show animals had been revoked, but he still kept a menagerie of bears, wolves, tigers, lions and perhaps coyotes...."

and

".....The bear was out of its cage for its feeding Thursday evening by 24-year-old Brent Kandra, "which was normal for this particular bear because the caretaker and the owner had been around it so much."

"....Kandra, of Elyria, died Friday morning at MetroHealth Medical Center, the coroner's office in Cleveland said..."z

and

"....Mazzola, who had filed for bankruptcy this year and had convictions for illegally selling and transporting animals...."

more at link

Sexual fetishes can be deadly. How awful that a teen had to find this man. I wonder if all his employees knew about his sexual proclivities.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43744222/ns/us_news-weird_news/

Owner of killer bear chokes to death on sex toy

"An exotic-animal owner who made headlines last summer when one of his bears mauled a woman to death has died after apparently choking on a sex toy..."

and

"...Sam Mazzola, 49, was found dead in his Columbia Station home on Sunday, face down on a water bed. He was bound to the bed with handcuffs, chains and padlocks..."

and

"...Mazzola had a sex toy in his throat, which apparently obstructed his breathing, [Chief Deputy Coroner Dr. Frank] Miller said. He was also wearing a leather mask with the eyes and mouth zipped shut and a two-piece metal sphere covering his head..."

and

"He had done this by request according to the story we were given,” Miller told The Morning Journal. “There was an assistant, but that is under investigation....”

more at link

ETA: I highly suggest skipping the almost 400 stupid and lurid comments. However, I did see one with some excellent advice--"If you're going to do kink, do it smart." This was not smart.

wtf ... some sick tickets out there .. l wouldnt want to be found dead like that.. god id die !

Sheesh, some people's kids.

It's early but I think I'll go to bed now.

Ok, this sounds like murder to me. No one leaves a sex toy in someone's mouth while a mask is on handcuffed face down on a water bed.....and leaves him there.

The image of how this guy was found is now burned into my brain. *ick*

This is murder IMHO:

Sam Mazzola, 49, was found dead in his Columbia Station home on Sunday, face down on a water bed. He was bound to the bed with handcuffs, chains and padlocks..."

Someone put him in that position, regardless if he asked for it or not. If you're gonna play with fire like that you're gonna get burned.

And WTH hell is the two-piece metal sphere that was covering his head. I'll admit I'm old, and have never experienced that world (or whatever they call it these days). It just sounds SO horrible. People do this for fun???

Maybe some furry handcuffs - but my Lord, this sounds really serious!!!

Mel

This is much more then I ever wanted to know ............ There's just no couth anymore is there ? Everything is fair game I guess.................

I don't think I'm gonna miss him...

He was under investigation for something to do with the exotic animals he owned. I think one mauled an employee to death. I figured he couldn't live with the knowledge that an employee died or he had a heart attack from the stress.

I'm going to say something and it might be controversial, but I need to say it. I don't think the complete cause of death needed to be released. They could have said he died by choking or that manslaughter was suspected. I think telling how he died demeans and embarrasses Mr. Mazzola. He is deceased and cannot defend himself. It is terrible that someone died because they were mauled by one of his bears, but that doesn't make him less of a person. He still deserves dignity.

And Melanie, I agree, it's gotta be manslaughter or something.

I knew I didn't want to read this thread. :thud:

I knew I didn't want to read this thread. :thud:

Me, too! I kept thinking, 'don't click on that'. Now I want to Lysol my memory of it. At least I successfully avoided hearing about how a guy lost his appendage, yesterday.

geez, i know people in this type of kink have whats called safe, sane and consentual involved in what they do and also risk awareness but this is ridiculous they definely forgot the safe and sane part. and this story is TMI!!! did they really have to give us the details.

just an aside but the thread title is possible the best I have ever read, truth is definitley stranger than fiction

geez, i know people in this type of kink have whats called safe, sane and consentual involved in what they do and also risk awareness but this is ridiculous they definely forgot the safe and sane part. and this story is TMI!!! did they really have to give us the details.

No, the media didn't have to do that. I think many murder cases are now published due to the shock value. When will it end? Women cutting off appendages, babies in microwaves! They give us every minute detail they can, and I think it's wrong. It desensitizes the seriousness of the crime, IMHO. You know, it would be enough to say "man chokes on sex toy", or "child killed in microwave". I GET it. I don't need to know each and every detail.

Where's the dignity. Is there any left? Pretty soon we'll all just say, oh, yah, we've seen that before 100 times -- and the anger may decrease.

JMHO. Thanks.

Mel

I don't know that I agree that details shouldn't be published in this case. I don't understand this man's fetishes, but I think anything consenting adults want to do is their business.

But there are dangers, apparently, in the use of ball gags, etc., and it takes a case like this to dramatize those dangers.

It's the same with autoerotic asphyxiation. Who knows how many people were saved by the publicity surrounding David Carridine's death?

On a different topic, why is everyone so sure this is manslaughter rather than an accident? It appears his assistant panicked and fled; but if the assistant was following orders, once things went wrong there was no one to corroborate his/her account of events. No wonder s/he ran!

I have to side with Nova here. I think that the details are pertinent. Sadly, a man is dead and surely, his friends and family are grieving. But the details of his death just might save another person's life. Years ago, no one wanted to hear about domestic violence, child sexual abuse, bestiality, child *advertiser censored* or the dangers of tobacco or failure to use seat belts or car seats. These unsavory topics were just not discussed in "polite conversation". Ignorance is not often bliss, though. If we fail to talk, we fail to learn.

I started the thread as I felt it was important that people be reminded of the dangers of intense fetishes/sex play. We need to have a dialogue and not just turn away. No doubt that sex forums all over the world are discussing this case and learning from it.

Not too long ago, we had a thread about a man who shot his wife to death during role play while having sex. It was a horribly hard story to read but hopefully some lives have been saved through education.

I still think the commenter who I quoted above, had a great point....

"If you're going to do kink, do it smart"

i agree that at least the info about this type of kink needs to get out there so those that consider trying it will understand there is a risk and what those risks are. especially since it seems many of the teens and younger adults are experimenting with these things. it probably was a case of sex play gone wrong and the partner paniced but its still hard or perhaps just unusual for them to put details like that out there. guess its part of times changing and others at least becoming kink aware.

I don't know that I agree that details shouldn't be published in this case. I don't understand this man's fetishes, but I think anything consenting adults want to do is their business.

But there are dangers, apparently, in the use of ball gags, etc., and it takes a case like this to dramatize those dangers.

It's the same with autoerotic asphyxiation. Who knows how many people were saved by the publicity surrounding David Carridine's death?

On a different topic, why is everyone so sure this is manslaughter rather than an accident? It appears his assistant panicked and fled; but if the assistant was following orders, once things went wrong there was no one to corroborate his/her account of events. No wonder s/he ran!

BBM

Or no wonder it ran.

Have the bears been questioned?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member