720 users online (71 members and 649 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Children Found Living in Filth

I didn't see this posted anywhere. This is an absolute DISGRACE!

"Cobb Children Found Living In Filth

MARIETTA, Ga. -- A Cobb County couple was arrested after police said they found that the couple’s two children were living in filth and were suffering from medical issues, including rotting teeth, obesity and bug bites."

More at link: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/24686008/detail.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

What would cause this to happen? Meth? How could someone allow this to happen to their children and their house?

I can't fathom a 5 year old weighing 158 pounds or a 4 year old weighing 89 pounds.

Mr. E - I don't even weigh 150 lbs and I am a grown woman! It HAS to be drugs that causes neglect like this. That or the parents only had the children to get on welfare. Who knows. I will pray for these girls that they will get the treatment they need and can try to live a normal life after what their animal parents have done to them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Really what kind of medical issues are going on to cause such large weight gains in these kids.
    Most of these issues clean up real quick but this massive weight gain is really over the top.

poor lil girls. how horrible. thank god something was done before it got any worse. I hate to feel so relieved that it wasnt any worse when this is bad enough...
    Last edited by 2goldfish; 08-20-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: clarity

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/cops-ma...ed-595523.html

James Cardona's sister said the girls should have been taken away years ago. They lived in "filth ... there was stuff all over the floor, dirty dishes all around," said Frances Elizabeth Cantrell, who resides in Dallas.
    and
    Cantrell last saw her brother five years ago, soon after his eldest daughter was born.
    "I tried to tell them you need to clean up this place," Cantrell told the AJC. "They said they couldn’t help themselves."

Well, then maybe she should have made some phone calls or done something herself...I hate it when the family stands up and says it should have been done awhile ago. They could have made it happen a long time ago...so shouldn't they be charged as well?

From the same article:
    They live across from a pest control business and dentist office, apparently were also taking care of her mother, who is wheelchair bound, and neighbors heard screaming from the house, children screaming...not a thing was done to try to find out why.

Luckily the state says it will be very hard for them to ever regain custody. Thank God for small favors.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Mother Re-Arrested

Mother re-arrested for lying to judge at bond hearing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/mother-...en-596308.html

Sounds to me like everyone is now where they belong.

At some point mom had internet access. Not much there, but she had one friend.

http://www.myspace.com/329493589

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    Really what kind of medical issues are going on to cause such large weight gains in these kids.
    Most of these issues clean up real quick but this massive weight gain is really over the top.
    BB, a diet of Potato Chips, Cheeto's, sugary cereal, soda, Homie Chips, cookies, and anything else that is cheap and calorie laden. Couple that with never, ever even getting out of the house for a walk and there's an extra 50 pounds easy. The poor child couldn't even walk ten feet for Lord's sake.

Roach's. Known to cause breathing problems. They did a study on that. You got filthy cockaroach's those kids will have asthma. I couldn't even begin to stomach the lice. Lice big enough to freakin see standing over the kid. Dear Lord.

Plus the poor grandmom. Imagine that poor lady. Bed sores and kids around with lice and filth and it's just all too unbelievable.

Maybe drugs are not involved at all and you just have two highly dysfunctional people that shouldn't be caring for the elderly or raising kids until they had help.

O/T My brother was just telling me a few weeks ago how much he loved Marietta and he could live there forever. This after a week visit. I have to show him this. Naw, I know dysfunction is everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    BB, a diet of Potato Chips, Cheeto's, sugary cereal, soda, Homie Chips, cookies, and anything else that is cheap and calorie laden. Couple that with never, ever even getting out of the house for a walk and there's an extra 50 pounds easy. The poor child couldn't even walk ten feet for Lord's sake.

Roach's. Known to cause breathing problems. They did a study on that. You got filthy cockaroach's those kids will have asthma. I couldn't even begin to stomach the lice. Lice big enough to freakin see standing over the kid. Dear Lord.

Plus the poor grandmom. Imagine that poor lady. Bed sores and kids around with lice and filth and it's just all too unbelievable.

Maybe drugs are not involved at all and you just have two highly dysfunctional people that shouldn't be caring for the elderly or raising kids until they had help.

O/T My brother was just telling me a few weeks ago how much he loved Marietta and he could live there forever. This after a week visit. I have to show him this. Naw, I know dysfunction is everywhere.
    I'm wondering if they can also slap some charges on them for neglect- abuse of the grandmother. Poor lady, she was helpless too. Maybe elder and handicap abuse.

geezuz, the four year old was still in a diaper & bottle-fed

disgusting

they are gonna think they're in heaven once they see how normal people live

I hope the mother can get proper care from the state now - maybe home visits by nurses or something?

Quote Originally Posted by tmg View Post
    Mother re-arrested for lying to judge at bond hearing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/mother-...en-596308.html
    I'm still trying to figure out how in the heck she posted bond the first time
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    geezuz, the four year old was still in a diaper & bottle-fed

disgusting

they are gonna think they're in heaven once they see how normal people live
    I wonder if they will be frightened by being bathed, hair washed, brushed, clean clothes, PJ's and sleeping in a clean bed with clean sheets.

Now that I just typed that out and read it, I'm even madder! Those things are basic needs. Those poor, poor children.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast