774 users online (112 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Has your opinion of Ron's involvement changed? August 2010

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think he is involved and I didn't before

13 5.00%
  • Yes, I no longer think he is involved like I thought before

2 0.77%
  • Yes, I am on the fence now and gave up my old opinion

14 5.38%
  • No, I've always thought he was involved

167 64.23%
  • No, I've always thought he wasn't involved

56 21.54%
  • Other

8 3.08%

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Has Your Opinions of Ron's Involvement Changed?***POLL ADDED***

After learning today that the SA did cut a deal with Ron, has that changed anyone's opinions as to his possible involvement in Haleigh's case?

Some of us agreed that SA wouldn't need Ron's testimony in the drug cases, so he had to be holding a trump card regarding Haleigh's case. It looks like he was after all. Whatever information Ron has for the SA regarding the Haleigh case was crucial enough to knock off his 2 highest charges. I admit that I don't know how that works, but I would think that the SA wouldn't be cutting any deals with Ron if they thought that he was a "suspect" in the disappearance of his daughter.

I always that Ron was directly involved in whatever happened to Haleigh but after hearing about this deal, maybe, just maybe, Ron was not directly involved. I want to believe that LE and the SA has more info and evidence than we know of soooooo......

Has anyone's opinions changed about Ron's possible involvement?

I wanted to make this a poll, but unfortunately I didn't know how do that.

Maybe Kimster, can help me?

The State has sent a message that they do not believe ron is directly involved with Haleigh's demise. What they learned from misty and tommy completely ruled out ron.

I will say that if this is over drugs and guns that another wanted, then ron is morally responsible but legally he can't be touched. They are looking for the person whose hands took Haleigh's life. They are ignoring anything that led up to it, like ron's criminal activity and lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The State has sent a message that they do not believe ron is directly involved with Haleigh's demise. What they learned from misty and tommy completely ruled out ron.

I will say that if this is over drugs and guns that another wanted, then ron is morally responsible but legally he can't be touched. They are looking for the person whose hands took Haleigh's life. They are ignoring anything that led up to it, like ron's criminal activity and lifestyle.
    Hey Whisp, I agree, but wouldn't Ron's testimony mean that he knows enough about what happened to his daughter, to help the SA case?

How does that work?

No, my mind hasn't changed.
    I never thought Ron was directly involved but if he was it was an accident and covered up so he wouldn't lose Jr.
    I still think he knows what happened and who is responsible for Haleigh's death/disappearance. Hopefully he will tell the truth and end this nightmare for Haleigh's sake. It is hard for me to agree with Ron receiving deals or immunity but if that is the only way this mess will end and Haleigh can have justice and her loved ones can have peace and closure so be it. Sometimes it has to be done for the state to get a conviction on the guilty party, it happens all the time. I would like to hear an apology from him though if he has withheld info. to protect someone or himself.

JMO
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

there was time when I thought Ron was responsible, but there was something about the way that he clung to Misty that didn't sit right, & I wondered if she'd be willing to be around him if he was a murderer. I then wondered if he'd want to be around her, if she was the murderer. Honestly, IDK, but I get the impression that he'd get over it before she would. maybe that's why they moved in with GGS & he didn't go back to work? He thought Jr. needed protection? But yes, my feelings for Ron have changed...but not softened. I still think he is a most unusual person, who didn't give a fig about his children's safety.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    No, my opinion hasn't changed.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

My opinion of Ron C has not changed, nor has my low opinion of justice in Putnam County - in fact, it's been confirmed.

My opinion only

I don't think he did anything to haleigh but I think he knows Indirectly he did by exposing her to. his criminal lifestyles poor judgment as a parent as a whole..and plain out selfishness to keep up that type of lifestyle cuz it was easy money and grabbin the high right along with young tail..now he's finally feeling guilty cuz he's all sobered up and finally may fess up what he knows out of guilt. but this is just my opinion not fact unless proven ect..

My opinion of Ron C has not changed.. I believe he is the one directly responsible for Haleigh's death..And IMHO the justice system in Putnam County reeks with corruption, and everyone involved in investigating this case or representing any of the players involved in this case should (themselves) be investigated...I now know WHY Putnam County is referred to as the armpit of Florida...JMHO

My opinion of Ron's involvement has not changed, he brought all of this drugs n guns n crap into his home where he failed to see his children taken care of. The environment he provided is what ultimately caused harm to Haleigh and heartache for the people who really loved her. Not only Haleigh's life but other lives that will be forever be changed. I am not sure if it has ever even crossed his mind that he did this, he brought whatever happened - and didn't stop his drugs n guns n crap after her death, he kept it up until the sting locked him up. Now, now, he wants to talk, cooperate, testify in court to save his own a$$. Too little too late.
    Some people try to turn back their odometers.
    Not me! I want people to know why I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Don't hold hate in your heart, it takes up too much room

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    Hey Whisp, I agree, but wouldn't Ron's testimony mean that he knows enough about what happened to his daughter, to help the SA case?

How does that work?
    Yep, you're right Suspicious but..

I never heard of getting a deal for possibly testifying in the future. I think he got a deal because that is the way it works for most people who are arrested in Putnam County and most places if you don't ask for a jury trial.

He is still on board for a minimum of 15 years. If he knows anything and held it back, I don't think they would be dealing. I think he is just going to testify about tommy, JO and misty's behavior if it ever goes to trial. He may talk about the fight with JO. I don't think he has anything else to offer or should I say that he cares to discuss. He might open up about the fight with JO. He might testify the bed was never slept in; he might say how many times he called misty and she didn't answer. All these things are known and all he has to do is repeat them which he would have had to do anyway even w/o a deal.

i knew he didnt directly kill her, i do believe he was at work, for at least some of his shift. but to echo many here, his lifestyle, the guns, drugs ect.. he is at least partially responsible, in an indirect sort of way.
    i too always wondered why did he marry the very same girl, who he infamously blasted on the 911 tapes( "how could u let my daughter get stolen, b****?") perhaps to keep her quiet on fessing up( its because of some stuff/dispute between my cousin( whoever) and him over ( drugs, guns, fill in the blank here) = i could be WAY off/wrong though.

I'd like to wipe that silly smile and that silly mustache right off his face....grrr

Quote Originally Posted by charok View Post
    i knew he didnt directly kill her, i do believe he was at work, for at least some of his shift. but to echo many here, his lifestyle, the guns, drugs ect.. he is at least partially responsible, in an indirect sort of way.
    i too always wondered why did he marry the very same girl, who he infamously blasted on the 911 tapes( "how could u let my daughter get stolen, b****?") perhaps to keep her quiet on fessing up( its because of some stuff/dispute between my cousin( whoever) and him over ( drugs, guns, fill in the blank here) = i could be WAY off/wrong though.
    My opinion:

The ONLY reason he married misty is to stop the public from going ballistic about his bedding a 16 yr old girl. People were starting to bring pitchforks and torches. He married her to squash it...it worked. He was in big trouble and he knew it.

Misty was in love...ron wasn't. He thought if he convinced her how much he loved her by marrying her, he could assure himself that she wouldn't take him to court on a stat charge. The only way they could convict him is with her and her parents filing. He would be serving almost 20 years for that one. Once again, he slithered out of a serious charge and conviction.

There was no other reason for the marriage. He used Haleigh as his excuse...grr

Has Your Opinions of Ron's Involvement Changed?

Noooo....after 18 months, I'm continuing to wait on this little girl's father to testify truthfully. Yesterday I saw where he finally agreed to do just that.

If anything changes for me, I'll get back with you.

But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast