What is the MOTIVE? **Revisit August 2010**

celticthyme

Reaction score
WHO might have had the best motive for Haleigh to be dead?

And what would that motive be?

Now that many of the prime suspects we have discussed are in prison, I thought it might be helpful to go back to the beginning and exmine the facts ...who where when & why building up to the time of her disappearance. All of the information in the past week or so, seems to be giving us more focus . . . about the possible bag, her body being in/near water and Ron offering a PLEA FOR INFORMATION ....What father would do that?

I don't think there was a motive for Haleigh's death. I don't think she was raped, I don't think she was beaten and I don't think she was taken to spite her father over a gun that couldn't be found. JMHO.

I think if there is any motive it was the motive to hide her body because the person(s) responsible for her death directly didn't want to go to prison.

I'd be surprised if TO was really involved. My focus was and always has been the last person who identified themselves as being with her. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to not talk to LE. To parrot the same answers over and over and over to LE. To get up and walk out on an interview because they don't like the tone that LE is using with them. JMHO.

Just my two cents. :)

Perhaps this is not a good thread subject, but I keep asking myself, How do ya get to the bottom of this mess? There seems to be no one who can tell the truth and everyone seems to be hiding & protecting each other. Right now, they all have plenty of time to think about Haleigh, but maybe their need to protect themselves & their secrets is more important to them than the life an innocent, and beautiful little girl. The whole thing seems to evolve around drugs, getting $$ for drugs, protecting sources of the drugs and Haleigh got caught in the middle of this. This should be about her, but it never has been by those who should have loved & protected her. If she did not take something by mistake and it was an accident, who had the greatest reason to take her? Do we know enough to answer that question?

My opinion hasn't changed since the beginning. I believed then and I believe now, there was no motive.

Sometimes people are killed/murdered for no motive at all. Not every death reads like a mystery novel.

I do not think there was a motive at all.

JMO
I agree. I think it was probably unintentional, but I dont think it was an "accident" in the sense that one says, omg so-and-so fell down the stairs, for example, bc then it's easy to call 911 for help and explain what obviously happened to the child. In other words, I dont think it was something that happens without it being someone's "fault" as in something illegal was involved (overdosing by getting into a stash) or some sort of endangerment, (dosing for extended "naps" for example) or perhaps aggressive (and misuse of the word) "discipline" with an injury etc. Otherwise why the need to cover it? Just simply call for help as one would in any legit emergency.

I've even wondered about the possibility of an accident such as backing out in a vehicle (maybe in anger, in a hurry, and how high the moon) and hitting Haleigh; but the lack of reported evidence sort of shoots that one down.... unless.... it happened at another location (the Croslins? Sykes?) and/ or with another vehicle (TN's?) IDK.

I cant say that I'd be totally surprised if it turned out to be something more nefarious (molestation, child trafficking) but I tend to veer from these notions bc it seems that a better plan would have been in place than that poorly staged bricking-door scene and the awkward, transparent, and overacted (imo) 911 call, for starters.

moo

IMO, there is not one motive for anyone to ever kill a child. NOT ONE.

IMHO.. There wasn't any motive. It was a tragic fatal accident born out of fear and that tragic fatal accident brought forth an even bigger FEAR that has now grown to monstrous proportions and is even more tragic than the fatal tragic accident.. All just my opinion...

Perhaps this is not a good thread subject, but I keep asking myself, How do ya get to the bottom of this mess? There seems to be no one who can tell the truth and everyone seems to be hiding & protecting each other. Right now, they all have plenty of time to think about Haleigh, but maybe their need to protect themselves & their secrets is more important to them than the life an innocent, and beautiful little girl. The whole thing seems to evolve around drugs, getting $$ for drugs, protecting sources of the drugs and Haleigh got caught in the middle of this. This should be about her, but it never has been by those who should have loved & protected her. If she did not take something by mistake and it was an accident, who had the greatest reason to take her? Do we know enough to answer that question?

Bottom line...IMHO.. Ronald Cummings needs to get a conscience or grow a set and tell the the truth about what happened to Haleigh and where she is...

To me, if it were a stranger - or not a "stranger" per se but a non-family member (aquaintance in a revenge, debt, etc type situation) then it seems that someone, even if it were an on-the-fringe person, would have spilled the beans by now.

Also, if it were an outside person there would be no need for Ron's, TN's et al weird, deceptive (imo) comments, inconsistencies, behaviors. I could go on and on, but I wont.

moo

to keep her from telling about being raped or to keep her rape injuries from being discovered.

If anyone had a motive for removing Haleigh (although I mean a LIVE Haleigh) I would have to say it would be the maternal side of her family. We all know about the upcoming court date for back child support, etc. I have never thought it was Crystal herself but I have toyed with the idea of other members of that family. I am still not convinced that Haleigh is dead and I wish we knew LE's proof of this. In particular, I am thinking of a specific family that moved to Kentucky shortly after the disappearance and then moved back to Florida a month or so later. Grandma stayed in Kentucky. Everyone questioned Tim & Chelsea's move, why not these 2 as well? Not necessarily my theory but something to think about.

or to keep injuries resulting from being bashed in the head with a board, from being discovered.

to keep her from telling about being raped or to keep her rape injuries from being discovered.

What proof besides Flora Hollars saying it, indicates rape? It isnt Joe being a sex offender, because he wasn't, and truth be told, the only person who could have been arrested for a sex offense was the missing childs father.

What proof besides Flora Hollars saying it, indicates rape? It isnt Joe being a sex offender, because he wasn't, and truth be told, the only person who could have been arrested for a sex offense was the missing childs father.
well, since none of us know, this is a guess thread...so I was guessing. & I didn't name names & wasn't implying Joe. I've seen nothing of value to point to him being a sex offender or rapist. But, in so many child murders, the murder occured, to silence a rape victim...so, I was going with a common scenario, among other things. now the board theory is another whole ball of wax. I was going on what Gmaw Flo said she had heard. She had no reason to lie, so I give that statement a little credence.

IMHO... Haleigh was not raped by Jo,Tommy, Ron or anyone else..I don't care what Grandma Flo has stated..And no one killed her to keep her from talking...Also, she wasn't strangled because Jo couldn't find any machine gun either...
Misty didn't drown her, hit her in the head with a two by four or take her off to some party where she OD... And WBG didn't put her in any pond......

IMHO..Haleigh died as a result of her father's out of control temper...I suspect she was shot..Could even be with that gun we just recently learned about. You know the one Misty usually kept under her pillow that somehow mysteriously disappeared that night...
Ron C is the one who is responsible for what happened...And a two fold plan was put in place by the Cummings/Sykes clan immediately after the fact to cover Ron's rear and to set up anyone they could who was called in to HELP Misty with the cover-up...Since Ron C has covered for Jo since the beginning, denying there was ever a fight, or that Jo was there that night, I suspect Misty or Tommy were chosen to be the scapegoat...JMHO

IMHO... Haleigh was not raped by Jo,Tommy, Ron or anyone else..I don't care waht Grandma Flo has stated..And no one killed her to keep her from talking...Also, she wasn't strangled because Jo couldn't find any machine gun either...
Misty didn't drown her, hit her in the head with a two by four or take her off to some party where she OD... And WBG didn't put her in any pond......

IMHO..Haleigh died as a result of her father's out of control temper...I suspect she was shot..Could even be with that gun we just recently learned about. You know the one Misty usually kept under her pillow that somehow mysteriously disappeared that night...
Ron C is the one who is responsible for what happened...And a two fold plan was put in place by the Cummings/Sykes clan immediately after the fact to cover Ron's rear and to set up anyone they could who was called in to HELP Misty with the cover-up...Since Ron C has covered for Jo since the beginning, denying there was ever a fight, or that Jo was there that night, I suspect Misty or Tommy were chosen to be the scapegoat...JMHO

Yep! And hes still covering for Joe.

I don't think there was a motive either. I think they (whichever player you want to pick) were high and not caring for children like children need to be cared for. Either an accident happened and they panicked OR they overreacted to a situation and injured Haleigh so seriously it was fatal. Now that's just my GUESS because none of us can be sure!

The sad part is that I don't think any of them wanted the cops involved so they chose to take care of the matter themselves. :(

If anyone had a motive for removing Haleigh (although I mean a LIVE Haleigh) I would have to say it would be the maternal side of her family. We all know about the upcoming court date for back child support, etc.

<snipped>

I don't know about an upcoming court date for back child support. Please clarify for me. Thanks.

I think she walked in on something,the bouncing couch comes to mind..She threatens to tell her dad..She was silenced..plain and simple.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back