GUILTY NY - "The Amityville Horror" murders, Long Island, 1974

Dark Knight

Reaction score
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. – The owner of the New York house made famous in the 1979 film "The Amityville Horror" is holding a moving sale.

The five-bedroom Dutch Colonial on Long Island has been on the market since May for $1.15 million and is under contract. Owner Brian Wilson is holding a moving sale Saturday. Items include furniture and exercise equipment, not loot from the house's infamous past.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100821/ap_en_ot/us_odd_amityville_horror_house

Thank, DK...I remember this when it first happened. My friend married the one responsible...I beg her every day to leave him...

Anyway, not a bad profit since the Lutz family bought it for $89,000 and had given it back to the bank when they "fled"...it is beautiful property but has such bad memories of that massacre. Glad he found someone to sell it to who will now make this part of history. I do hope we don't have another "haunting" come from this...Since Mr. Wilson has told, nothing happened paranomal wise since he took over the house...JMHO

Thank, DK...I remember this when it first happened. My friend married the one responsible...I beg her every day to leave him...

Anyway, not a bad profit since the Lutz family bought it for $89,000 and had given it back to the bank when they "fled"...it is beautiful property but has such bad memories of that massacre. Glad he found someone to sell it to who will now make this part of history. I do hope we don't have another "haunting" come from this...Since Mr. Wilson has told, nothing happened paranomal wise since he took over the house...JMHO

Your friend married Ronnie?

Yes she did, about 7 years ago...she felt "sorry" for him and felt a need to "protect" him from the vultures who put out those books.

She's been catching flack ever since from the internet world. I say leave him, worry about yourself for he will never be free. She's beautiful, can have any man of her choosing. I told her she deserved to love and be loved something HE can never give her....but it is what it is. I support her because we've become friends but I don't hold back my opinion of him...He may have had his own reasons for this massacre. I read all the depos and court documents...we disagree alot...LOL....JMHO

Yes she did, about 7 years ago...she felt "sorry" for him and felt a need to "protect" him from the vultures who put out those books.

She's been catching flack ever since from the internet world. I say leave him, worry about yourself for he will never be free. She's beautiful, can have any man of her choosing. I told her she deserved to love and be loved something HE can never give her....but it is what it is. I support her because we've become friends but I don't hold back my opinion of him...He may have had his own reasons for this massacre. I read all the depos and court documents...we disagree alot...LOL....JMHO

You have GOT to be kidding? Wow.

Despite him changing his story so many times, the story where he says he sister was involved may hold some water. There are reports she had gunpowder residue on her dress, indicating she fired a weapon, but when her brother confessed, LE did not follow up on that evidence. She was also killed. Plus, it seems hard to believe one person could kill all those people and not wake any of them up along the way.

Maybe it is just me, but I would be afraid to buy anything from a crime house.
I get spooked easily.
I'm sure everything is beautiful.
Evil is everywhere, I don't need reminders.
Pray that everything has been blessed before it leaves.

Maybe it is just me, but I would be afraid to buy anything from a crime house.
I get spooked easily.
I'm sure everything is beautiful.
Evil is everywhere, I don't need reminders.
Pray that everything has been blessed before it leaves.

I read that the owners after the massacre had the house blessed by a priest and even the priest was rattled by some of the things he heard while doing the blessing! Who knows how much ANY of this is true, of course. The most recent owners have not reported any paranormal activity.

I have had numerous discussions with her at the old court tv boards. Just called me "flack."

She's very lucky to have you and she so needs someone like you in her life.

You have GOT to be kidding? Wow.

Despite him changing his story so many times, the story where he says he sister was involved may hold some water. There are reports she had gunpowder residue on her dress, indicating she fired a weapon, but when her brother confessed, LE did not follow up on that evidence. She was also killed. Plus, it seems hard to believe one person could kill all those people and not wake any of them up along the way.

Yes, you are correct, DK. When Ronald's grandmother, Brigante put up the funds to have the nightdress tested, it was conveniently lost from the evidence locker. He's got a whole story as to how he came to kill Dawn, he also claims she's the one who killed the three children. I don't want to derail this thread but there's much I've learned along the way being friends with his wife. I don't agree with it all but I do think since RD was the only one left living, the authorities in Suffolk county (also very corrupt) just let it all hang on him. It's easier to blame the sole suvivor and not investigate further..also the alleged ties to the Gambino crime family might just have something to do with it as well...JMHO

May the DeFeo family Rest in Peace...

I have had numerous discussions with her at the old court tv boards. Just called me "flack."

She's very lucky to have you and she so needs someone like you in her life.

No, you don't know the half of it...she's followed around from board to board being harassed, threatened and more...That is where I met her too...we became friends, I had her over for lunch one summer, we talk on the phone all the time. She is a beautiful person just thinks this is her life's calling...I tell her to run as fast as you can. He'll be taken out in a pine box, he's never going to see a free day...JMHO

'Amityville Horror' killer who butchered his family in Long Island in 1974 dies in prison | Daily Mail Online
Ronald DeFeo, the 'Amityville Horror' murderer who killed his six family members in 1974 on New York's Long Island, has died behind in prison.
DeFeo, 69, died Friday while serving a 25 years-to-life sentence at Sullivan Correctional facility in Fallsburg, New York, officials said.

Sounds like he passed on Fri. 12th.

Back when the murders were committed, I've always wondered why no one woke up and tried to flee ?
Supposedly the lever-action Marlin rifle is a very loud gun ?

Imo.

RIP to the victims !

Last edited:
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The man convicted of slaughtering his parents and four siblings in a home that later inspired the “The Amityville Horror” book and movies has died, prison officials said Monday.

Ronald DeFeo, 69, died Friday (12 March 2021) at Albany Medical Center, where he was taken Feb. 2 from a prison in New York’s Catskill Mountains, the state Department of Corrections and Community Services said. The cause of his death wasn't immediately known.

DeFeo was serving a sentence of 25 years to life in the 1974 killings in Amityville, on suburban Long Island.

The home became the basis of a horror-movie classic after another family briefly lived there about a year after the killings and claimed the house was haunted. A book and two movies — the 1979 original, starring James Brolin, Margot Kidder and Rod Steiger, and a 2005 remake — portrayed a home with strange voices, walls that oozed slime, furniture that moved on its own, and other supernatural features.

DeFeo had pursued an insanity defense at his trial, saying he heard voices that drove him to kill his family.

He unsuccessfully sought a retrial in 1992, claiming that his 18-year-old sister killed the other five family members and that he then shot her.

“I loved my family very much,” he said at a 1999 parole hearing, where he also said he had gotten married while in prison.

The corrections department said it couldn't disclose why DeFeo was hospitalized, citing health privacy laws. The Albany County Coroner’s Office, tasked with determining what caused his death, said it doesn't release such information, except to relatives of the dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back