1532 users online (225 members and 1307 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NV - Las Vegas, LIVING Female, 50-60, 'Diana English', 2001

http://www.lvrj.com/news/at-dead-end...-99219554.html

Jul. 26, 2010
    Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

(Note: since this article ran, one of the females was identified. I have not included her in this list)

GEORGE WOODS
    Estimated age: 69
    Height: 5 foot 6
    Weight: 124 pounds
    Hair: brown
    Eyes: blue
    Distinguishing characteristics: clover tattoo on left wrist; large tiger tattoo on right shoulder

DIANA ENGLISH
    Estimated age: 50-60
    Height: 5 foot 3
    Weight: 165 pounds
    Hair: black
    Eyes: brown
    Distinguishing characteristics: tattoo that reads “Mckinley” on upper left arm

EARLE TRAUMA
    Estimated age: 40-50
    Height: 5 foot 9
    Weight: 182 pounds
    Hair: light brown
    Eyes: blue
    Distinguishing characteristics: tattoos including a cross with a 13 on left forearm, a tombstone and cross on upper left arm, and “Mom” on right forearm

JOHN HITCHHIKER DOE
    Estimated age: 50-60
    Height: not available
    Weight: 293 pounds
    Hair: black/gray
    Eyes: brown

Pictures at link.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-05-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: located an article where another had been identified.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/family-neve...101249749.html

Aug. 22, 2010
    Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

(Another Identified but family can't be found)

The Clark County Public Guardian's office, with the help of Las Vegas police and the Nevada Center for Missing Loved Ones, has identified a second of the five adult wards profiled in a July 26 Review-Journal story.

The man the county called "George Woods" is actually Gary Dean Willett, 70, according to Detective Daniel Holley. Officials haven't been able to find any of Willett's family members.

Officials also might be close to identifying a woman who believes her name is Diana English, said Frank Mahoney, founder of the Nevada Center for Missing Loved Ones.

Service providers have given the other two unidentified wards temporary names based on their circumstances when they arrived at valley hospitals or social service agencies.

Earle Trauma, for example, a man thought to be between 40 and 50 years old, was hit by a car and suffered serious brain injuries in February 2008. Officials believe he may have been homeless.

The county isn't sure how John Hitchhiker Doe, who has been a ward since 2001, got the name. He can't tell anybody his own name because he's essentially a complete amnesiac.

If you know the family of Gary Dean Willett or recognize Diana English, John Hitchhiker Doe or Earle Trauma, call the Clark County Guardian's Office at 702-455-4332

The female who was identified, "Danette Margara", was identified as Monica Danette Jenkins, who disappeared from Las Vegas in 2002. She was listed in Charley Project.

BTW, since "UID" stands for "Unidentified Decedent", those initials should do not apply to a living person.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 11:20 PM.

There is a sticky thread regarding the living unidentified....
    Last I knew there was discussion on a seperate living unidentified forum but I am not sure where that stands.

In the mean time we'll leave them as living here in the UID area of the forum, as this area is designated for the unidentified whether they are living or deceased.

Hopefully we will have an update on the living unidentified subforum or ???? soon.

thanks!

Cubby
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    There is a sticky thread regarding the living unidentified....
    Last I knew there was discussion on a seperate living unidentified forum but I am not sure where that stands.

In the mean time we'll leave them as living here in the UID area of the forum, as this area is designated for the unidentified whether they are living or deceased.

Hopefully we will have an update on the living unidentified subforum or ???? soon.

thanks!

Cubby
    The issue is not with putting them in this forum. I was only referring to the use of the "UID" (i.e., Unidentified Decedent) description in the thread title. Since these persons are living, they are not "UID"'s

I believe the proper letters are "EUL"

I think the FBI actually uses EUD for UID's....... We've been adding living to the titles thus far so we haven't really distinguished the UID, EUD, EUL.... and there is one more EU distinction but I forget which it is......

Hopefully we'll have a subforum for living unidentified soon, but until then as long as the thread title reads living we're going to leave that for now - at least until the subforum is up.......

I don't know the details on how or when a subforum will be up and running, but hopefully soon! IMO it will be nice to have a seperate area for living unidentified.

thanks!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    The issue is not with putting them in this forum. I was only referring to the use of the "UID" (i.e., Unidentified Decedent) description in the thread title. Since these persons are living, they are not "UID"'s

I believe the proper letters are "EUL"
    I didn't know that CarlK thank you! I had made the assumption that UID was an acronym for unidentified. What does the acronym EUL stand for please? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I didn't know that CarlK thank you! I had made the assumption that UID was an acronym for unidentified. What does the acronym EUL stand for please? TIA.
    I'm not sure. I've wondered that myself.

EUL stands for endangered unidentified living.
    The E in each stands for endangered.

EUD (endangered unidentified deceased)

and I forget the third.

I think we've always assumed UID was for Un IDentified as Kat assumed.
    Learn something new everyday.
    ~JMO~

Thanks for creating this thread and finding that article, Kat. Monika (Danette) Jenkins's story is a very sad account of mental illness and her sister is so devoted to her. I hope she and the rest of the family can continue to visit Monika at the care facility where she lives, and that they can get her on Medical Assistance.

"Earle Trauma" has what appears to be a trach-tie under his chin, so he must use a ventilator. There's an earlier photo of him, taken soon after his accident, on Porchlight: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobe...#entry11273226

In the 2008 photo, his head is shaved, though it's not mentioned whether he wore his hair that short before the accident or if his head was shaved in preparation for surgery. The hairstyle and sideburns he has now might be quite different from how he used to do his hair, since someone at the hospital probably does his hair for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    The female who was identified, "Danette Margara", was identified as Monica Danette Jenkins, who disappeared from Las Vegas in 2002. She was listed in Charley Project.

BTW, since "UID" stands for "Unidentified Decedent", those initials should do not apply to a living person.
    You know, it just irritates me that it took so long for this poor woman to be ID'd. She went missing in Vegas and has been here the whole time - with a family that has been searching for her!
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    You know, it just irritates me that it took so long for this poor woman to be ID'd. She went missing in Vegas and has been here the whole time - with a family that has been searching for her!

And all that had to be done was check a major database. Could have been solved years ago.

He checked the FBI's national database. The name "Margra Danette" also showed up there; she had been arrested on similar charges elsewhere.

One of the arrest records contained a line which read: "AKA Monika Danette Jenkins."

http://www.lvrj.com/news/family-neve...101249749.html

Wouldn't it be nice if EUL's could be added to NamUs?
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if EUL's could be added to NamUs?
    Yes, it would. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of folks like these all over the U.S.

The hitchhiker Doe has been identified.

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast