1254 users online (258 members and 996 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,577

    Need to Discuss a Wikipedia Article: Human Experimentation

    This bothers me on SO many levels, as these are CRIMES against individuals and society as a whole. I also know it was more widespread than reported here, as my Uncle was injected with 'vitamin shots' in an AZ prison and he later died of Cancer as did several of the men he had been in prison with.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_e..._United_States

    short snip only:

    There have been numerous human experiments performed in the United States that have been considered unethical, and were often performed illegally, without the knowledge, consent, or informed consent of the test subjects.

    Many types of experiments were performed including the deliberate infection of people with deadly or debilitating diseases, exposure of people to biological and chemical weapons, human radiation experiments, injection of people with toxic and radioactive chemicals, surgical experiments, interrogation/torture experiments, tests involving mind-altering substances, and a wide variety of others. Many of these tests were performed on children and mentally disabled individuals. In many of the studies, a large portion of the subjects were poor racial minorities or prisoners. Often, subjects were sick or disabled people, whose doctors told them that they were receiving "medical treatment", but instead were used as the subjects of harmful and deadly experiments, without their knowledge or consent.

    Many of these experiments were funded by the United States government, especially the Central Intelligence Agency and the United States military. The human research programs were usually highly secretive, and in many cases information about them was not released until many years after the studies had been performed.

    The ethical, professional, and legal implications of this in the United States medical and scientific community were quite significant, and led to many institutions and policies which attempted to ensure that future human subject research in the United States would be ethical and legal. Public outcry over the discovery of government experiments on human subjects led to numerous congressional investigations and hearings, including the Church Committee, Rockefeller Commission, and Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments, amongst others. However, as of 2007, not a single U.S. government researcher had been prosecuted for human experimentation, and many of the victims of U.S. government experiments have not received compensation, or in many cases, even acknowledgment of what was done to them.[1]
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-04-2015 at 03:37 AM. Reason: broken link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,036
    What kind of discussion are you looking for, exactly? I read the wiki article and I searched a few other items about mostly the radioactive experiments. One thing I thought was likely to be missing from the account is that I would imagine many deaf children in deaf schools around the country would have been drawn into this. As for AZ prison incidents, I wouldn't necessarily think that a high cancer rate among former inmates indicated anything about their being intentionally exposed to a substance. I see though where "vitamin shots" are suspect.... Not too often corrections gets involved in bettering the health of inmates. Especially not back then.
    TAPU'S BLOG
    Murder in the Hills

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    I find this really interesting. I was diagnosed with ALL in 1973. Through a program that President Nixon set up (free) I was taken for treatment to the Medical College of VA. I did very well with five years of treatment. I never had a relapse (only a few times when my counts would get really low or when I had pneumonia). The doctors told me that I would probably never have kids but I have two. Now, what I'm getting at, is that whenever I apply for insurance and I bring this up the people always ask "Are you sure it wasn't a misdiagnosis?"
    I belonged to a study for about two years after my treatments ended but decided to drop out. I remember the doctors telling my parents that if I did drop out that if the ALL reoccurred they wouldn't treat me.
    Maybe I'm being paranoid but I do believe that this happens as SunnieRN posted.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,571
    This thread reawakened old memories for me. We had a similar situation in my Dad's family. My cousin, whom I never knew, was drafted into the Army in 1950 after the Korean War started. He was anxious to finish his term and get back to school, and was told by someone he could get an early discharge if he participated in a 'study'. He wound up being injected several times with what he was told was a non dangerous supplement. Upshot was that he came down with Leukemia and died shortly after the discharge. My uncle's family was told by the Army to keep quiet about it- 'National Security'. The family I understand persued an answer but were frustrated at every turn.
    This was far more widespread than anyone imagines, even today. In the name of fighting Communism, our own government became as bad, if not worse. It's a mysterious chapter in our history and I'm glad some of it is coming out. All of it never will.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,669
    I had to stop reading the article because it was freaking me out so bad. I already knew that experientation has been done in this manner, but had no clue how often it was done and how many victims there are. I felt like I was in the twilight zone reading about things done, especially to the downtrodden, by my own government.

    What is ALL? I've never heard of this before.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    west of Middle of Nowhere Missouri
    Posts
    315
    very interesting article Sunnie. I know as a society, we almost all question the secrecy of our government, and the CIA. This article can be viewed as either a conspiracy theory, or the "real " truth, something that the American public is often not privy to. I do not vaccinate my children, not with the vitamin k shot, or any other vaccination. Until i can prove them safe for all children, which no responsible doctor will, then they are not safe for mine. so I guess I'm in the minority on this article, and my way of thinking. I dont want anything foreign injected into my babies, under any circumstance. I certainly believe it is possible and probable that our own government would knowing inject the " less desireable" citizens with dangerous chemicals and conduct study on the results without consent. Horribly sad way of thinking, but I no longer trust our medical providers to tell me what I need to do with my children. I prefer to keep them unvaccinated, and know and control what enters their little systems.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I find this really interesting. I was diagnosed with ALL in 1973. Through a program that President Nixon set up (free) I was taken for treatment to the Medical College of VA. I did very well with five years of treatment. I never had a relapse (only a few times when my counts would get really low or when I had pneumonia). The doctors told me that I would probably never have kids but I have two. Now, what I'm getting at, is that whenever I apply for insurance and I bring this up the people always ask "Are you sure it wasn't a misdiagnosis?"
    I belonged to a study for about two years after my treatments ended but decided to drop out. I remember the doctors telling my parents that if I did drop out that if the ALL reoccurred they wouldn't treat me.
    Maybe I'm being paranoid but I do believe that this happens as SunnieRN posted.

    I tried to delete my post but I guess after a certain amount of time it's not possible. I had only read part of the article and now see, after reading the whole article, that my post doesn't really fit with what's being discussed.

    Sorry.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    966
    I read about the following several years ago, now. Note that this comes from the WHO not from our government, but it shows how easily things can be administered without an individual knowing what exactly they're getting.

    http://www.akha.org/content/medicald...ilippines.html

    Possibly tainted vaccine may be tip of the iceburg

    By David Morrison

    Population Research Institute Review, November/December, 1996, page 3.

    Philippine women may have been unwittingly vaccinated against their own children, a recent study conducted by the Philippine
    Medical Association (PMA) has indicated.1

    The study tested random samples of a tetanus vaccine for the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), a hormone
    essential to the establishment and maintenance of pregnancy. Produced by the embryo after conception, hCG triggers the
    production of progesterone in the mother's body which, in turn, thickens the uterine endometrium and prepares it for
    implantation. By linking hCG with tetanus antigens in a vaccine, researchers fool a woman's immune system into not only
    producing antibodies against tetanus, but against hCG as well, essentially making her allergic to her embryo's chemical
    signal. Once her immune system is sufficiently stimulated against hCG, a woman will spontaneously abort any child she
    conceives. The PMA's positive test results indicate that just such an abortifacient may have been administered to Philippine
    women without their consent.

    Much more at the link.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mimimama5 View Post
    I prefer to keep them unvaccinated, and know and control what enters their little systems.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to control that. Viruses and bacteria are out there and we can't control where they go.

    I know that soldiers have been used in the past for "experiments". I used to work at a place that did those experiments (they don't anymore obviously). As horrid as it sounds, we've gotten a lot of data from those experiments.

    Belinda, ALL is acute lymphocytic leukemia.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by mimimama5 View Post
    very interesting article Sunnie. I know as a society, we almost all question the secrecy of our government, and the CIA. This article can be viewed as either a conspiracy theory, or the "real " truth, something that the American public is often not privy to. I do not vaccinate my children, not with the vitamin k shot, or any other vaccination. Until i can prove them safe for all children, which no responsible doctor will, then they are not safe for mine. so I guess I'm in the minority on this article, and my way of thinking. I dont want anything foreign injected into my babies, under any circumstance. I certainly believe it is possible and probable that our own government would knowing inject the " less desireable" citizens with dangerous chemicals and conduct study on the results without consent. Horribly sad way of thinking, but I no longer trust our medical providers to tell me what I need to do with my children. I prefer to keep them unvaccinated, and know and control what enters their little systems.
    I chose not to vaccinate my youngest. Had I knew it was an option not to when I was younger none of my children would have been.

    I asked the doctor about long term studies about how DNA respondes to these vaccines after say 5 generations of people having been vaccinate as your bodies DNA replicates altered DNA. Well how good is a damaged copy if they damage it more every generation and it is a replica of already damaged DNA ? She told me there was very little research done in the area.(WHAT?)
    So doc your telling me we have an entire planet of people getting dosed up with stuff with no concern as to what it will do to the genetics of the entire human race? Your Dna is altered even by trace amounts of regular flu viruses
    It is like a little memory card it stores up information even if it is bad information.




Similar Threads

  1. Casey and Wikipedia: She wants to be a LAWYER?
    By magic-cat in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 03:11 PM

Tags for this Thread