Is the flow of information in this case going to prevent a fair trial?

Do you think all the information we've rec'd will prevent a fair trial?

• Yes, I think too much information has been released

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Yes, and it's always unfair in high profile cases

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • No, high profile cases are treated justly

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • No, as long as they move the trial out of Multnomah County

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 18.7%

• Total voters

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/stor...rman-case/oHeizpTwMUiqOdWzQoNG6A.cspx?rss=191

Oregon's ethics rules for lawyers prohibit prosecutors from making statements about an investigation if they're likely to be disseminated widely and be prejudicial, meaning they would make it harder for the accused to get a fair trial, Lininger said. But Oregon's ethics rules don't clearly regulate the indirect disclosure of information to the public, via the victim's family, he said.
<snipped>

Every high profile henious crime has this same problem.
There are people out there like my hubby that has no idea what is going on.
I know people who always say 'who?' and what happened...............
they make excellent jurors.

I haven't talked to one person who hasn't heard about Kyron around here and we are two hours south of Portland. However, I do seem to be the one informing them about the details.

Every high profile henious crime has this same problem.
There are people out there like my hubby that has no idea what is going on.
I know people who always say 'who?' and what happened...............
they make excellent jurors.

My husband is the same way. He doesn't even know Kyron's name. (Not that he hasn't heard it before.)

I voted other because this thread is very confusing to me.

Flow of information? There has been hardly any in this case, unless you're talking about salacious details and the very little LE has given. I don't think there's been a flow of information at all. And I'm coming from the vantage point of Florida with it's sunshine laws. Now in the ICA case, dear GOD way way WAY too much information. It's like a dang avalanche there and you wish it would STOP. But here? I bet a lot of people don't like TH, but that's different than knowing if she did this or not. Even me, a person who suspects she's guilty, would have to see all of the evidence LE has and make a judgment from there. Now maybe moving it out of Multnomah county would help, but I just don't see a flow of information at all, except that of the Jerry Springer variety. I do wish we knew more, though. There's hardly anything to make any decision on here. There's just no way to say definitely if she did this or not. Seems like it's already going in her favor just from that.

I always feel like no one could be a fair juror with all the press in this case, but I still regularly run into people who say things like "oh, is that the kid who's missing?" when I mention Kyron's name. And they are in Portland, so I think there's hope. Jury selection could take awhile, though.

I always feel like no one could be a fair juror with all the press in this case, but I still regularly run into people who say things like "oh, is that the kid who's missing?" when I mention Kyron's name. And they are in Portland, so I think there's hope. Jury selection could take awhile, though.

:eek: I'm surprised! I hope they recognize his face though! I noticed that the Plaid Pantries have his pic on their doors. The ones in Beaverton, anyway.

What news? If the news thread wasn't a no discussion, I would have been yelling for the last week "Where's the News!" :)

My feeling is that what is being leaked for the most part will aid in the investigation and might not be what is used if there is a trial.

I know there is a 60 day speedy trial in Oregon. But realistically if this comes down to a kidnapping, homicide or other very serious charge 60 days is just not going to be enough for a defense attorney to prepare.

The longer out the trial I believe the more chances that people will have moved on with their lives and forgotten what they have heard about this case. MOO

Speaking of news isn't there a court hearing scheduled for this week? On the contempt? Neva mind it is Sept 21. Sorry....... I think those hearings it might be said to be detrimental to a fair trial but not what we are reading in the paper... :cow:

Speaking of news isn't there a court hearing scheduled for this week? On the contempt? Neva mind it is Sept 21. Sorry....... I think those hearings it might be said to be detrimental to a fair trial but not what we are reading in the paper... :cow:

I thought there was a hearing on the 27th regarding the request for an abatement of the family court matters.

I thought there was something this week.... :banghead: Thanks.

:eek: I'm surprised! I hope they recognize his face though! I noticed that the Plaid Pantries have his pic on their doors. The ones in Beaverton, anyway.

Yeah, I definitely still see the posters up at businesses near me (west Beaverton). I think I'm just surprised when I run into people who don't spend half of their waking lives trying to figure out this case like I do! :iamashamed0005:

I don't think there's been too much publicity at all. Like other posters here,my hubby also wouldn't know who Kyron,his only interest in the news is simple...sports and weather. Pretty average,like most people.

I've never understood how releasing the facts in a case can taint a jury pool anyway. If LE were putting out false rumors or something,that I can understand would make it impossible to get a fair trial,but I just don't think the public simply knowing *facts* about a case would be damaging.

All high profile cases have a lot of publicity. I don't live anywhere near Oregon, but I bet where I live is the same as there.

A lot of people may have heard of him, but they aren't on WS or anywhere else getting details.

As far as the divorce and RO, the press got that info. The press has done interviews with people. A lot of people don't even get the newspaper anymore and only read what interests them online.

And they probably watch cable channels with their favorite shows instead which may not have any news on them. They see the posters and the billboards, but they probably aren't going much further with it, I bet.

I can't see that it matters - publicity or not, unless LE has a lot more than what we've heard, there's no way they're going to get a conviction.

I read that as "Plaid Panties."

Wondered if it was some kind of roller derby team. :doh:

I read that as "Plaid Panties."

Wondered if it was some kind of roller derby team. :doh:

Too funny Puf! :floorlaugh:

Here's a visual for you so you can sleep tonight! :dance:

CIMG9443.jpg

Too funny Puf! :floorlaugh:

Here's a visual for you so you can sleep tonight! :dance:

CIMG9443.jpg

Is this a convenience store chain in the northwest area?

LOL... I won't ever look at plaid panties at Victoria's Secret the same again.

I voted "no" because of "other" because I believe that there will be people on the jury, no matter where from, who will lean in favor of the defendant...like the latest case of Congressman (I think he's a Congressperson) Blogovich (not sure I said that right, or even if that's his name...not following it much, other than ONE person spared him).

So, I think TH would have a fair trial in her neighborhood as much as anywhere. This is a high profile case, but I didn't vote on "no" because I don't think high profiles are all looked at equally or fairly because of what happened in the OJ trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back