1080 users online (214 members and 866 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Pete Rose, 27, Woodlake, 11 June 1995

Okay, I hope I did this right...I didn't see this guy anywhere as a possible. There are some things that don't match but some things do.

Pete Anthony Rose
    Missing Woodlake, Ca June 11 1995 (approx. 2 weeks before Jason Doe wreck)
    Listed as "Voluntary Missing" on the California Dept. of Justice site update 2005.

Close to same height and weight, has dark blonde/lt brown hair, and looks like nice teeth. Had tattoos - don't necessarily match with UID, has one ear pierced (states the right one and UID had the left one), eyes are listed as blue and UID listed as brown, clothes last seen in are not a match but who knows what Pete actually wore when he left and he did apparently have a vehicle.
    Here are photos and link (below) - please let me know if you think it's worth submitting to at least rule him out. TIA!

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/det...=5939517300828
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rose_pete.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JBean; 11-20-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: add ruled out prefix

Here is another photo and side by sides:

Quote Originally Posted by LotsaLatte View Post
    Here is another photo and side by sides:
    Wouldn't the tattoos rule him out?

I agree that the tattoos would rule him out. Also, I don't believe blue eyes would be mistaken for brown eyes? Those two things would rule him out to me.
    Unless I can be convinced there are other reasons I should reconsider?.......

I totally agree that there are quite a few differences - tats and eyes - but I've seen so many things reported incorrectly in cases that I thought I'd throw this guy out there.

I did notice that in one link I found for our UID there was something about alot of body damage during the wreck that made some things hard to see (or something like that.) So I wasn't sure if that would be major bruising/skin damage or loss that would make it hard to see any other tats.

I appreciate your input!

If you truly feel that Pete could be a possible match to our Jason Doe, you could contact:
    Agency: Tulare Sheriffs Department
    Phone Number: (559) 733-6226
    Case Number: 959589

or you could get in touch with Jason Doe's NamUs.gov caseworker here https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6095 and give them Pete's information and let them determine if they believe there is a possibility Pete could be our Jason Doe.

I totally agree that there are quite a few differences - tats and eyes - but I've seen so many things reported incorrectly in cases that I thought I'd throw this guy out there.

I did notice that in one link I found for our UID there was something about alot of body damage during the wreck that made some things hard to see (or something like that.) So I wasn't sure if that would be major bruising/skin damage or loss that would make it hard to see any other tats.

I appreciate your input!

Here is a view of the pix together for visual purposes. I don't know - there are enough differences to put this aside but many things have not been reported correctly on other cases ....... hmmm, wouldn't we kick ourselves in the butt if it wasn't submitted and it turned out to be a match. Visual comparisons are very difficult for me.

I agree with you to a point and that we'd kick ourselves in the butt if it wasn't submitted, BUT, if we submit folks with no similarities and known things that don't match up, such as tattoos, blue eyes, etc., we know Jason didn't have, then we run the risk of not being taken seriously by LE or the medical examiner in Jason's case. We have to be careful with what we are submitting, IMO.

If LotsaLatte or anyone here thinks there are enough similarities between Pete and our Jason, by all means submit it.

Quote Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
    Here is a view of the pix together for visual purposes. I don't know - there are enough differences to put this aside but many things have not been reported correctly on other cases ....... hmmm, wouldn't we kick ourselves in the butt if it wasn't submitted and it turned out to be a match. Visual comparisons are very difficult for me.

I've been wrong before, but this guy looks more like Jason Doe than our last big lead did, to me.

Yea, but, Pete has tattoos that Jason doesn't have and blue eyes where Jason's were brown, those are pretty difficult to get past, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by runr View Post
    I've been wrong before, but this guy looks more like Jason Doe than our last big lead did, to me.

I appreciate everyone's input on this. I think I'll just hang back on this for awhile. I would like to know more about Pete Anthony Rose before I go any further. There is just not much info available. He did disappear right before this UID got in an accident and I think he strongly resembles the pics. But I'd still like to find out more before I bother LE with it. KWIM?

Hi LotsaLatte, I don't mean to discourage you from submitting Pete as a possible match to Jason, really I don't. If you feel strongly about Pete being a possible match, please don't ignore it.

How would you feel about contacting LE that is in charge of Pete's case and instead of submitting Pete right of the bat as being a possible match for our Jason Doe you ask LE in charge of Pete's case if they have any other information about Pete? Sometimes they have more details than what is on DoeNetwork, Charley Project, etc. If there are other facts that make you lean towards submitting him that would be great. I think if this were to happen (you calling LE for more details) we could say we did the research & tried to come up with all the details before submitting him, KWIM?

I appreciate everyone's input on this. I think I'll just hang back on this for awhile. I would like to know more about Pete Anthony Rose before I go any further. There is just not much info available. He did disappear right before this UID got in an accident and I think he strongly resembles the pics. But I'd still like to find out more before I bother LE with it. KWIM?

Good ideas, RK. I really think the big chest tattoo rules him out, but I also agree he does look very similar to Jason Doe.

The damage that was done in the car accident was mostly to Jason's head and face. That is why there are no pictures and two sketches look so different.

HTH,

Salem

Sorry, I've been super busy with back to school and stuff that never seems to end here. I might make a call to LE regarding Pete A. Rose. I'm kind of thinking he took off because he had a warrant or something but won't know until I call. I'd like more information on his disappearance because LE has him listed as voluntary missing. I'll post if I ever get a chance to contact them - LOL

Pete has been identified as another UID.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/11/19/319...#ixzz15o4bMmQ1

Skeletal remains found in northern Arizona finally have been identified as those of a man reported missing in California more than 15 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast