679 users online (82 members and 597 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

33 miners in Chile are alive, but stuck for MONTHS!

COPIAPO, Chile – For 33 men found alive after 17 days trapped deep in a copper and gold mine, the toughest challenge now may be preserving their sanity during the months it may take to carve a tunnel big enough for them to get out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100823/..._mine_collapse

Praise the Lord they are safe, and continued prayers for their sanity!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I read somewhere this morning, sorry don't remember where, that a US expert is saying it should take weeks rather than months to drill the escape route. Thankfully, they are reaching them with food and water and working on improving communication with their families. I'm not claustrophobic, but thinking about being trapped underground for that long is very frightening. I suppose they are more used to than most, but poor things. They seem to be in very good spirits at this time and are aware that it will take some time to get them out. They also have some psychiatric experts coming in to help them through the ordeal.

Chilean Miners will be trapped for the next 4 months

This is one of the most incredible stories I have ever, ever read....if there is a technology or anything we have to offer that can mitigate this situation, I PRAY it is deployed immediately to this mine...these miners (33) have been surviving in a living room-sized safety tunnel since August 5 when the mine collapsed. They have been eating spoonfuls of food every 48 hours and using a backhoe to scrape or dig for water. A 26 inch diameter lifeline tunnel has been dug to send communication lines, oxygen and glucose tablets. It will be widened to start sending food once the miners digestive systems have been reset.

Check out the schematic drawing-WARNING, if you are at all claustrophobic it might make you hyperventilate....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_chile_...5kYm9yZWhvbGVy
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Last edited by KateB; 06-10-2015 at 10:36 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

God bless these miners and their families. Four months would be a horrible amount of time to wait for rescue. I can't imagine what this will do to these men emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I read somewhere this morning, sorry don't remember where, that a US expert is saying it should take weeks rather than months to drill the escape route. Thankfully, they are reaching them with food and water and working on improving communication with their families. I'm not claustrophobic, but thinking about being trapped underground for that long is very frightening. I suppose they are more used to than most, but poor things. They seem to be in very good spirits at this time and are aware that it will take some time to get them out. They also have some psychiatric experts coming in to help them through the ordeal.
    Thank God for this news! God bless these men and their families!

Oh My Land-story update

They think they will have them above ground by next week!!!

"Copiapo, Chile (CNN) -- With 160 meters to go until the Plan B drill reaches 33 trapped miners, a breakthrough to the men may be imminent.
    Then what?
    At Camp Hope, the makeshift tent city where hundreds of family members are living, widespread celebrations will likely break out as the miners' loved ones receive news they have waited for more than 60 days to hear.
    But despite any euphoria, the rescue operation will be entering its most dangerous phase for the men."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americ...ex.html?hpt=T1
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Let's pray for their safety and their quick rescue!!!
    Hope everyone is thin enough now to get them all out of that small tube!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Ok, so Plan B team drilled the escape shaft down to the miners today. The team is from Cypress, TX. Go Texas!

Unless they determine that they need to reinforce the shaft with metal, the next step is to send a doctor down to the miners to determine the order they should be rescued.

My question is: have you seen the rescue capsule? I about started to hyperventilate just looking at the pictures of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...30ft-rock.html

H*ll No!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

I would need valium sedation to deal with getting in that capsule for a slow 2 miles travel out of the ground... but then again I am not a miner that is accustomed to small enclosed spaces. If I was, though, I would be rejoicing the whole time I was in the capsule... singing and rejoicing and so happy to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I would need valium sedation to deal with getting in that capsule for a slow 2 miles travel out of the ground... but then again I am not a miner that is accustomed to small enclosed spaces. If I was, though, I would be rejoicing the whole time I was in the capsule... singing and rejoicing and so happy to get out.
    Originally, I was thinking more about the doctor who was going to have to be sent down there. But I have heard that the doctor is some kind of military special ops guy, so I'm sure he/she's pretty hard-core.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Picture of the yellow capsule that carried out the nine Pennsylvania trapped miners in 1992. I hope the miners can be rescued soon.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ψ My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

I believe in miracles and this has to be one of the biggest!!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Tunnel and capsule are completed

They have had 4 test runs. They have decided the order of evacuation as well-A doctor and a miner will be lowered into the area where the miners are first so they can evaluate each man before he enters the tube. The first to be rescued will be those who are the most technically sound in case they need to aid in their own rescue. The last will be those who are emotionally the strongest.

Some of the miners are showing signs of heart issues, diabetes and anxiety.

Naturally.

God Bless these men and those who have created the rescue plan!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americ...ex.html?hpt=T1

It should take a minimum of 33 hours to get everyone out...perhaps more. The trip is 15 minutes to the surface, with a round trip of about an hour.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I would need a lot of anxiety and sleeping pills. It must be just awful, how are they using the bathroom? Not being able to take a shower all that time. At least they get to talk to their family members. I just hope they are able to keep sane, and are out of there soon.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast