33 miners in Chile are alive, but stuck for MONTHS!

I read somewhere this morning, sorry don't remember where, that a US expert is saying it should take weeks rather than months to drill the escape route. Thankfully, they are reaching them with food and water and working on improving communication with their families. I'm not claustrophobic, but thinking about being trapped underground for that long is very frightening. I suppose they are more used to than most, but poor things. They seem to be in very good spirits at this time and are aware that it will take some time to get them out. They also have some psychiatric experts coming in to help them through the ordeal.

This is one of the most incredible stories I have ever, ever read....if there is a technology or anything we have to offer that can mitigate this situation, I PRAY it is deployed immediately to this mine...these miners (33) have been surviving in a living room-sized safety tunnel since August 5 when the mine collapsed. They have been eating spoonfuls of food every 48 hours and using a backhoe to scrape or dig for water. A 26 inch diameter lifeline tunnel has been dug to send communication lines, oxygen and glucose tablets. It will be widened to start sending food once the miners digestive systems have been reset.

Check out the schematic drawing-WARNING, if you are at all claustrophobic it might make you hyperventilate....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_chile...DeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDMm5kYm9yZWhvbGVy

God bless these miners and their families. Four months would be a horrible amount of time to wait for rescue. I can't imagine what this will do to these men emotionally.

I read somewhere this morning, sorry don't remember where, that a US expert is saying it should take weeks rather than months to drill the escape route. Thankfully, they are reaching them with food and water and working on improving communication with their families. I'm not claustrophobic, but thinking about being trapped underground for that long is very frightening. I suppose they are more used to than most, but poor things. They seem to be in very good spirits at this time and are aware that it will take some time to get them out. They also have some psychiatric experts coming in to help them through the ordeal.

Thank God for this news! God bless these men and their families!

They think they will have them above ground by next week!!!

"Copiapo, Chile (CNN) -- With 160 meters to go until the Plan B drill reaches 33 trapped miners, a breakthrough to the men may be imminent.
Then what?
At Camp Hope, the makeshift tent city where hundreds of family members are living, widespread celebrations will likely break out as the miners' loved ones receive news they have waited for more than 60 days to hear.
But despite any euphoria, the rescue operation will be entering its most dangerous phase for the men."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/10/05/chile.miners.rescue.plan/index.html?hpt=T1

Let's pray for their safety and their quick rescue!!!
Hope everyone is thin enough now to get them all out of that small tube!

Ok, so Plan B team drilled the escape shaft down to the miners today. The team is from Cypress, TX. Go Texas!

Unless they determine that they need to reinforce the shaft with metal, the next step is to send a doctor down to the miners to determine the order they should be rescued.

My question is: have you seen the rescue capsule? I about started to hyperventilate just looking at the pictures of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315342/Trapped-Chilean-miners-cage-built-hoist-2-330ft-rock.html

article-1315342-0B5A0D0D000005DC-431_306x699.jpg

H*ll No!

I would need valium sedation to deal with getting in that capsule for a slow 2 miles travel out of the ground... but then again I am not a miner that is accustomed to small enclosed spaces. If I was, though, I would be rejoicing the whole time I was in the capsule... singing and rejoicing and so happy to get out. :)

I would need valium sedation to deal with getting in that capsule for a slow 2 miles travel out of the ground... but then again I am not a miner that is accustomed to small enclosed spaces. If I was, though, I would be rejoicing the whole time I was in the capsule... singing and rejoicing and so happy to get out. :)

Originally, I was thinking more about the doctor who was going to have to be sent down there. But I have heard that the doctor is some kind of military special ops guy, so I'm sure he/she's pretty hard-core. :D

I believe in miracles and this has to be one of the biggest!!!

They have had 4 test runs. They have decided the order of evacuation as well-A doctor and a miner will be lowered into the area where the miners are first so they can evaluate each man before he enters the tube. The first to be rescued will be those who are the most technically sound in case they need to aid in their own rescue. The last will be those who are emotionally the strongest.

Some of the miners are showing signs of heart issues, diabetes and anxiety.

Naturally.

God Bless these men and those who have created the rescue plan!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/10/11/chile.trapped.miners/index.html?hpt=T1

It should take a minimum of 33 hours to get everyone out...perhaps more. The trip is 15 minutes to the surface, with a round trip of about an hour.

I would need a lot of anxiety and sleeping pills. It must be just awful, how are they using the bathroom? Not being able to take a shower all that time. At least they get to talk to their family members. I just hope they are able to keep sane, and are out of there soon.

I would need a lot of anxiety and sleeping pills. It must be just awful, how are they using the bathroom? Not being able to take a shower all that time. At least they get to talk to their family members. I just hope they are able to keep sane, and are out of there soon.

I read that water is sent down for the miners to bathe at intervals. I expepct the bathroom is being taken care of by bringing a container to the surface to dispose of. They will have received medicine and food, too.

These fellows are really being taken care of as best as is humanly possible, BUT . . .I would HATE to be the LAST miner to come up.

Sure wish they could come up three at a time. I'm sure, tho, they will be happy just to get out of there and back on terra firma instead of being in it. I can hardly wait for the miners to get out of that hole, and just can't even imagine how they will feel. Well, PTSD, I'll bet. I wonder, too, if there will be any who will never set foot in a mine again.

Prayers for all of the men and their families.

I've been following this tragic mess. My fear of being in their position would probable cause many anxiety attacts even though I don't have them. These are very brave men. Tense, very tense for all involved.

This is a good article about their rescue and what they will face in the future with their families. $1600 per month was their pay.....they now will possibly have millions since lawsuits are being filed. Their lives have changed maybe forever. Somedays reading about the 33 men trapped a half mile below the earth feels like it's a move, but sadly it's reality.

Prayers to the miners and families, and may their rescue go smoothly. It's tense enough.

AP article via newsjax4

http://www.news4jax.com/news/25351468/detail.html

I am so anxious for this rescue to begin. How exciting. Prayers it goes safely and smoothly.

I was hoping some station would broadcast the rescue live. I remember when the little girl was pulled from the well in Texas. So exiting, tense, and emotional.

I was hoping some station would broadcast the rescue live. I remember when the little girl was pulled from the well in Texas. So exiting, tense, and emotional.

Is there a definite date this will begin? I hope some news channel follows it live.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back