1361 users online (307 members and 1054 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Talking Lottery Ticket Winner Donates Ticket to Hospital

Many lottery winners choose to splash their prize money on fast cars or swanky vacations. But one anonymous Kansas Lottery player recently decided they'd spend their $10,000 winnings on a far worthier cause: funding their local hospital.

Susan Concannon, executive director of the Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation in Beloit (pop. 4,000), discovered the surprise gift when she was opening her mail late last month. "We have a PO Box that I visit every day, and hope that someone sends me some money," Susan Concannon told local TV station KAKE. "It was a very nondescript envelope that was in the P.O. Box on July 28th, no return address."

Officials at Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation in Beloit, Kan., are thankful for whomever donated their winning lottery ticket.

Inside the envelope was a state lottery ticket, and an unsigned note that, according to the Salina Journal, read: "Please accept this gift for the Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation for the good work you do. God Bless!"

Snipped from http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...est=latestnews

That is so cool

I always knew if I ever won the lottery I would donate a portion to a worthy cause, but to put the whole lottery ticket in the envelope and just send it..Wow, just Wow!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Oh Dolly that is what you call a leap of faith on the anonymous donors part. He/she knew the lotto ticket would arrive to provide. How loving the person who sent this didn't want any fanfare directed his way as if saying the magnificence isn't in me, it is in the realization that a kindness given from the heart will find its way home. Right where it was intended to be. So this gift of love to help others, help others & so on is the miracle that prevails! Start'in to love life and these stories just push ya forward.
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

Quote Originally Posted by DollyPardonMe View Post
    I always knew if I ever won the lottery I would donate a portion to a worthy cause, but to put the whole lottery ticket in the envelope and just send it..Wow, just Wow!!

Dolly, I can be your worthy cause

That is way cool though, huh?
    God is Great Beer is Good And People are Crazy