Lottery Ticket Winner Donates Ticket to Hospital

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Many lottery winners choose to splash their prize money on fast cars or swanky vacations. But one anonymous Kansas Lottery player recently decided they'd spend their $10,000 winnings on a far worthier cause: funding their local hospital.

Susan Concannon, executive director of the Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation in Beloit (pop. 4,000), discovered the surprise gift when she was opening her mail late last month. "We have a PO Box that I visit every day, and hope that someone sends me some money," Susan Concannon told local TV station KAKE. "It was a very nondescript envelope that was in the P.O. Box on July 28th, no return address."

Officials at Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation in Beloit, Kan., are thankful for whomever donated their winning lottery ticket.

Inside the envelope was a state lottery ticket, and an unsigned note that, according to the Salina Journal, read: "Please accept this gift for the Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation for the good work you do. God Bless!"

Snipped from http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...g-ticket-to-hospital/19603347?test=latestnews

I always knew if I ever won the lottery I would donate a portion to a worthy cause, but to put the whole lottery ticket in the envelope and just send it..Wow, just Wow!!

Oh Dolly that is what you call a leap of faith on the anonymous donors part. He/she knew the lotto ticket would arrive to provide. How loving the person who sent this didn't want any fanfare directed his way as if saying the magnificence isn't in me, it is in the realization that a kindness given from the heart will find its way home. Right where it was intended to be. So this gift of love to help others, help others & so on is the miracle that prevails! Start'in to love life and these stories just push ya forward.

I always knew if I ever won the lottery I would donate a portion to a worthy cause, but to put the whole lottery ticket in the envelope and just send it..Wow, just Wow!!

Dolly, I can be your worthy cause :crazy:

That is way cool though, huh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail