MS MS - Brian Martin, 24, Biloxi, Dec 2000

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300978S

Endangered Missing Adult

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
Biloxi Police Department at (228) 435-6112

Name: Brian Kent Martin

Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth: 1976-11-28
Date Missing: 2000-12-01
From City/State: Biloxi, MS
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24
Race: White
Height: 73 inches
Weight: 240 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Medium
Identifying Characteristics: Gang brand approximately 5" tall on upper arm, pierced eyebrow with a silver barbell.
Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Brian was last known to be staying with friends in Biloxi, MS.
Investigative Agency: Biloxi Police Department
Phone: (228) 435-6112
Investigative Case #: 01-050897
NCIC #: M-371864574

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/martin_brian.html

I can't find doe network entry for Brian.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/439/19/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/22/2975183/cold-case-where-is-brian-kent.html
Monday, August 23, 2010

For the past 10 years, Robyn Martin has kept in constant contact with South Mississippi authorities investigating the disappearance of her son.

She’s made repeated trips to coastal cities over the years, passing out pictures of her missing son, Brian Kent Martin, to anyone she could find.

“I have ridden the streets asking about him, and I’ve gone to bars to see if I could find him,” said Robyn Martin, a Georgia resident. “I think I hit every bar on the (U.S. 90) strip, just about, after this happened and asked people if they knew of him. Nobody ever said anything. The last time I saw him was at his brother’s graduation in May 2000.”

Biloxi police crime-scene investigator Mike Manna is taking another look at the case, which as baffled authorities since Martin’s disappearance at the age of 24.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/22/2975183/cold-case-where-is-brian-kent.html#ixzz0xT5QHYvj

Attachments

• A200300978S_1326.jpg
    A200300978S_1326.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 17
Bumping, Brian is still missing.

Doe Network

Brian Kent Martin
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 1, 2000
Location Last Seen: Biloxi, Harrison Co, Mississippi

Physical Description

** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: November 28, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 6'1
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 240lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None Known
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Gang brand tattoo on upper arm, approximately 5 inches tall; Pierced eyebrow with a silver barbell.
*He is dyslexic
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Brian Kent Martin was last known to be staying with friends in Biloxi, Mississippi. Reportedly, the last time he had contact with his family was by phone in March of 2001, when he told his sister that he couldn't attend her wedding. He was reported missing by his mother in September of 2001.

Martin was a former gang member in Georgia, where he grew up. He moved with his family to Mississippi, then returned to Georgia with his mother and siblings after his parents divorced. He then returned to Mississippi but was transient and told a friend that he was thinking of returning to Georgia.

There has been no activity on his driver's license or employment history since he went missing. His family believes he is a homicide victim.

Cold case: Where is Brian Kent Martin? - August 2010

For the past 10 years, Robyn Martin has kept in constant contact with South Mississippi authorities investigating the disappearance of her son.

She’s made repeated trips to coastal cities over the years, passing out pictures of her missing son, Brian Kent Martin, to anyone she could find.

“I have ridden the streets asking about him, and I’ve gone to bars to see if I could find him,” said Robyn Martin, a Georgia resident. “I think I hit every bar on the (U.S. 90) strip, just about, after this happened and asked people if they knew of him. Nobody ever said anything. The last time I saw him was at his brother’s graduation in May 2000.”

I remember seeing his face on Project Jason or another MP site years ago. So sad he's still missing.

BBM

This article shows his missing date as March 2001, the date he last spoke to his sister. His mother reported him missing in Sept. 2001. NamUs and Doe show Dec. 2000 while Charley lists March 2001 as his missing date. I'll notify a moderator for a possible title change if they so decide.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Brian Kent Martin – The Charley Project

The Doe Network:Brian Kent Martin - 4448DMMS

Cold Case: What Happened to Brian Kent Martin?

By AJ Giardina | February 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM CST - Updated June 23 at 12:39 PM
BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - By A.J. Giardina - bio | email

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - What happened to Brian Martin? No one really knows. Biloxi investigator Mike Manna took over the case in 2005.

Snip

Manna said, "He had gotten into trouble in Georgia and they brought him here to try and clean up his act. The family stayed for about a year, a year-and-a-half. The family moved back to Georgia and Brian stayed behind.

Snip

Investigator Manna says something happened and the end result apparently wasn't good.

Snip

Martin's Mom says her daughter was the last family member to actually speak with him, in March of 2001. She wanted to know if her brother was going to attend her wedding in Tennessee and he said, "No." When asked how he was doing, he said, "I do what I have to to survive."

Months went by and Robyn was unable to get in touch with her son. She traveled to Biloxi and Brian was no where to be found.

On September 4, 2001, the mother of Brian Martin filed a missing persons report with the Biloxi Police Department.

Snip

On December 30, 2000 records show that Martin went to a pawn shop in Biloxi and sold a Nintendo game. The Biloxi Police Department has the pawn ticket.

Investigators say that's one of the few pieces of evidence they have. Another is a photo of Martin with an unidentified female.

"I would like for anybody who had any contact or who knew Brian, give us a call to give us any information that we could possibly use to find out his location, where he may be or any information, if there was foul play involved, to tell us something that we could further this investigation."

Snip

If anyone has information to the whereabouts of Brian Martin, call the Biloxi Police Department at (228) 435-6112.
#

I hate to suggest this, but has he been checked against this uid?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The height estimate is off a bit, but the weight is almost dead on.

I think this is worth a submission. The height given could have been a typo. You'd think he would have been checked out then when the remains were found. Perhaps a new detective would get a comparison done if he's not already been ruled out. Go for it!

Cold Cases As Of: 12/01/2001
Name:
Brian Kent Martin
Race:
Caucasian
DOB:
11/28/1976
Height:
6ft 1in
Weight:
240 lbs
Hair:
Bald
Eyes:
Unknown
MISSING- Brian Kent Martin
Disappeared around December, 2001
Did you hang out at any of the bars along Biloxi Beach in 2001? If so, you may have met Brian Martin. Brian was a bouncer at Barracudas but also hung out at Bombay Bicycle Club, Studio 90 and South Beach. For a time, he lived at Lexington Apartments off Pass Road but also slept at friends homes. He did not have a vehicle.
Do you have information that could possible help Biloxi Police Department solve the disappearance of Brian? You can remain anonymous. We do not want to know your name, just the information you may have about Brian.

Identifying Characteristics: Gang brand (burn/branded mark) approximately 5” tall on upper arm, pierced eyebrows with a silver barbell. Scars on chin.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back