MD MD - William Brooks, 17, Frederick, 24 Aug 1992

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 364DMMD

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/364dmmd.html

William Walter Brooks
Missing since August 24, 1992 from Frederick, Maryland.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: August 6, 1975
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0" (183 cm); 150 lbs (68 kg)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: He has a pierced left ear. Scar on right shoulder, scar left knee, scar right hand, scar left hand, scar chin, scar left finger, pockmarks, scar right knee, dimple right cheek, discoloration on chest, discoloration on left shoulder, discoloration on right shoulder.
•Clothing: Last seen wearing a black ball cap, black and purple t-shirt with design, black baggy jeans, black and purple sneakers.
•AKA: BB
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Brooks was last seen at home on August 24, 1992 and has not been seen or heard from since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Frederick Police Department
Detective Alston
301-624-1269

NCMEC #: NCMC964565

Agency Case Number: 92CR28365

NCIC Number: M-893995456
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brooks_william.html

No archived articles for William at this time.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2247/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted-tests complete
Fingerprints: NA

NamUs case report is same as Doe network entry.

William has been missing 18 years. Come home soon.

Right: Age-progressed to 34 years (circa 2010)

Attachments

• William Walter Brooks.bmp
    45.8 KB · Views: 7
  • William Walter Brooks age progression 34 yrs.bmp
    54.5 KB · Views: 4
Any word on who verified he was last seen at home? Was there trouble in the home? Trouble in School?

Any word on who verified he was last seen at home? Was there trouble in the home? Trouble in School?

I couldn't find any articles for this young man. The only info that I could find is above. It makes me sad. He was only 17 when he went missing. I hope he is okay and can be found. JMHO.

I couldn't find any articles for this young man. The only info that I could find is above. It makes me sad. He was only 17 when he went missing. I hope he is okay and can be found. JMHO.

Kat, that is sooooo sad. Someone knows. I pray he is well and maybe forgot who he was, but is leading a good safe life. I will keep him in my prayers. It seems odd that there are no anniversary news stories. I could not find one. Very Odd. But, if you look at the history of the media, most teen missing persons are not news worthy. So sad.

Md. man may have feared gang reprisal

A Maryland man who went missing as a teenager might have been fearing reprisals from gang members when he disappeared.

Authorities have been looking for William W. Brooks Jr., who would now be 35 years old, since he went missing in August 1992.

Brooks, then 17, might have had some disagreements with gang members and could have been fearing repercussions, said Melinda Stevens, director of the missing children division of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

It will be 26 years this year. Still thinking of you BB. Anybody who knows anything please contact authorities

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
William Walter Brooks Jr. – The Charley Project

William Walter Brooks Jr.
  • william_walter_brooks_jr._1.jpg
  • william_walter_brooks_jr._2.jpg
William, circa 1992; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2016)

• Missing Since08/24/1992
  • Missing FromFrederick, Maryland
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth08/06/1975 (44)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight6'0, 150 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA black and purple t-shirt with an imprinted design, baggy black jeans, black and purple sneakers and a black baseball cap.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American male. Brown hair, brown eyes. William's nickname is BB. His left ear is pierced. He has scars on his right shoulder, both knees, both hands, his left finger, and his chin, and skin discolorations on his chest and both shoulders. He also has a dimple on his right cheek. William wears eyeglasses. Six of his teeth have fillings.
Details of Disappearance
William was last seen leaving his Frederick, Maryland home on August 24, 1992. He was on juvenile probation and was supposed to see his probation officer later that day, but didn't keep the appointment. He has never been heard from again. Authorities believe he had some disputes with gang members prior to his disappearance and may have feared reprisal as a result.

William may have traveled to Hagerstown, Maryland or to New York after his disappearance. His case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

Unfortunately, in these types of cases there is always the gang factor... probably the same day he disappeared he was murdered... perhaps shot, which is faster, and thrown into a river or some garbage dump...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog