UT UT - John Wagner, 34, Sandy, 24 Aug 1993

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1385DMUT

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1385dmut.html

John William Wagner
Missing since August 24, 1993 from Sandy, Salt Lake County, Utah.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: May 7, 1959
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 180 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Light brown hair; blue eyes. Possibly glasses.
•Marks, Scars: Burn scar on shoulder, scar on toe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Wagner was last seen in the vicinity of the 70 block of N. Main in Kanab, UT.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office
801-743-7000

Agency Case Number: 02-8248

NCIC Number: M-822160130
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NCMA

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401622S

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wagner_john_william.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/264/1/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: Sample available, not yet submitted
Fingerprints: Available and entered

I don't find any archived articles for John.

John has been missing 17 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• John William Wagner.bmp
    54.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi Kat, my name is tom wagner, brother of John missing since 1993. I am visiting tommorow (Mar 27) with two of John's friends who always want updates on our search for John. We have no new leads, and I am still trying to contact Salt Lake County Det. Sue Christopher; haven't heard from her in four years. Our family DNA is registered with UNT, and I check Doe Network once a year but no matches yet. Thanks for all you do; any ideas would be appreciated, tom.

A belated welcome to WS, Tom.
John has been missing for 21 years tomorrow. His NamUs entry: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/264
Status Missing
First name John
Middle name William
Last name Wagner
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen August 24, 1993 09:51
Date entered 12/12/2008
Age last seen 34 to 34 years old
Age now 55 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 70.0 to 71.0
Weight (pounds) 180.0 to 190.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is available and entered

Hi Kat, my name is tom wagner, brother of John missing since 1993. I am visiting tommorow (Mar 27) with two of John's friends who always want updates on our search for John. We have no new leads, and I am still trying to contact Salt Lake County Det. Sue Christopher; haven't heard from her in four years. Our family DNA is registered with UNT, and I check Doe Network once a year but no matches yet. Thanks for all you do; any ideas would be appreciated, tom.
Hi Tom. I am so sorry for what your family must be going through. I realize your post on Websleuths is from almost six years ago, but I'm wondering if you've had any updates. Also, is there any other information you can provide about the background of your brother's disappearance (possible transportation, items left behind vs. items missing, etc.)?

John William Wagner – The Charley Project

john_william_wagner_1.jpg

Wagner last had contact with his family in 1991, before he left his home in Sandy, Utah. He was arrested for driving under the influence in the 70 block of north Main in Kanab, Utah on August 24, 1993. This is the last indication of his whereabouts; he has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Is it known if John's vehicle was ever recovered? With all the recent findings of missing persons in their vehicle submerged in a body of water, I wonder if that is a possibility here.

John's NamUs profile is no longer working today. I'm not sure if it has been removed or is just down for updating info. But I wonder if he has been found? Looking around didn't turn up any updates or news stories.

John's NamUs profile is no longer working today. I'm not sure if it has been removed or is just down for updating info. But I wonder if he has been found? Looking around didn't turn up any updates or news stories.
I also noticed his NamUs profile is done and I made a post but in the thread of a different John Wagner.

John's NamUs page is down.
The number or resolved MP cases for Utah has increased by one and the number of active cases has decreased by one. John's case is the only one from Utah's MPs that has been removed in the past few hours so I think his case has been resolved.

John's case has been closed by the Doe Network as well. It really looks like he has been located (not sure if alive or deceased though).

Their updates page from November 16th, 2022 says, "John William Wagner (1385DMUT) is no longer missing per NamUs. No further information is available."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back