Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    @mia_farrow
    mia farrow
    Reportedly Troy Davis is on gurney w UV inserted in his arm, in execution chamber awaiting Supreme Court decision. #MentalTorture
    31 minutes ag

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    @mia_farrow
    mia farrow
    Reportedly Troy Davis is on gurney w UV inserted in his arm, in execution chamber awaiting Supreme Court decision. #MentalTorture
    31 minutes ag
    OMG. Oh dear God. Be with this man... Amen.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HRCODEPINK View Post
    I have no idea. I would assume that they are all doing it, but some may decide not to consider at all. I just don't know. Only Clarence Thomas is reviewing it for sure. He bothers me, since he doesn't ask questions and remains silent. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/us/13thomas.html)

I really have to get this assignment done that I have not finished yet for school, but I can't seem to stop watching. I wish that I had some way to get a text alert if there were any news one way or the other. I can't sit here like I used to and wait. I can't set up a google alert because the phone goes off every time there is a different article posted. This is making me a basket case and reminding me why I had to stop doing this.

I am just going to turn it off for now, since my assignment is due at midnight, but I will be back when I finish up and will be hoping for good news, or at the very least no news.

ETA: I forgot to add one of these:
    Thomas is silent, so it's hard to read him sometimes, but he quite often rules with Scalia, which makes me very nervous for Troys case.

I'm hoping that the women are among the justices considering, I think they would be the best chance.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

RafiqtheEmcee Rafiq
    Another round of cops have come they are coming towards us and amassing. Something is about to go down . #troydavis #videoready
    3 minutes ago

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Thanks for the updates, BeanE.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

This isn't an execution, it's torture.

:::still hoping:::

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

dstarwriter59 A.L.G.
    You only need more swat if u think we're going to be violent. You tased someone. We've been non violent. Remember I said that. #troydavis
    17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

dstarwriter59 A.L.G.
    We've been told to hold our hands up in the air to show swat we're non violent. #troydavis
    20 minutes ago

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

On-scene reporters say the crowd of protesters has been orderly.

(watching cnn or msnbc)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    Sirens, dogs, billyclubs: How NOT to prevent a riot. They do nothing but incite, and get the crowd's emotions all riled. WTH?
    It's ridiculous. This country is starting to feel like a police state
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

I'm so glad you're all here. I can always count on it that when something that is painful to me is going on, some of my fellow sleuthers will be here, and I am grateful for that, grateful for you.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

devobrown Devo Brown
    Peaceful & orderly protest for #TroyDavis-police keep beefing up their team. Please no matter the outcome, don't justify their actions.
    17 seconds ago

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

This situation really scares me. One injustice done if he is executed and then i can see a scene like this easily getting violent for NO reason except that one cop (or more) is a racist there!
    I really hope things stay peaceful.....
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

kimseverson Kim Severson
    Amount of police here has gotten ginormous. #TroyDavis
    5 minutes ago

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Scary...

Frightening...Scalia has said there's nothing unconstitutional about executing an innocent person.

Joined by Justice Clarence Thomas in dissent, however, Justice Antonin Scalia criticized his colleagues for thinking that mere innocence is grounds to overturn a conviction:

This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is “actually” innocent. Quite to the contrary, we have repeatedly left that question unresolved, while expressing considerable doubt that any claim based on alleged “actual innocence” is constitutionally cognizable.
    QUOTE=Gardenlady;7145365]Thomas is silent, so it's hard to read him sometimes, but he quite often rules with Scalia, which makes me very nervous for Troys case.

I'm hoping that the women are among the justices considering, I think they would be the best chance.[/quote]
    Last edited by Boytwnmom; 09-21-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: fix quote!

BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boytwnmom For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast