1118 users online (186 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Does the motive of the gun story make sense to you?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it doesn't make sense and I don't believe it

73 48.99%
  • No, it doesn't make sense but I can believe it

14 9.40%
  • Yes, it makes sense and I believe it

7 4.70%
  • Yes, it makes sense but I don't believe it

5 3.36%
  • I have no idea what is going on anymore! Where's HALEIGH?

50 33.56%

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I don't believe there was a gun involved. I don't believe RC was involved. I don't believe JO was involved. I believe only two were involved, and one of them might have been involved after the fact to help the other cover up the death of Haleigh. And those two are the ones that keep pointing the finger at others and changing the story as it suits them or when they think it is in their best interests to do so.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I guess if we knew where the "scene" was, I might could rule out shooting. But we don't know. I don't even think LE knows so who knows what any witnesses might have heard...they might not even know they are witnesses. I know guns are important here, and the only reason I can see is murder weapon. But that being said I have often wondered if there was not another dead body floating around out there that tied into this mess some how. Right now, an accidental shooting makes the most sense to me.
    A drug dealer, maybe? Has any drug dealer "moved" away from the area? Any one else reported missing in the area? I believe the PCSO site has several wanted criminals and missing persons listed. Could that "extra body" be one of them? Is the family covering for fear of being retaliated against? Seems a bit of a stretch, but with that group, one never knows.
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    I don't believe there was a gun involved. I don't believe RC was involved. I don't believe JO was involved. I believe only two were involved, and one of them might have been involved after the fact to help the other cover up the death of Haleigh. And those two are the ones that keep pointing the finger at others and changing the story as it suits them or when they think it is in their best interests to do so.
    Totally agree. I think Tommy was at the house strung out Misty was too tired, hungover, dope sick etc. after her binge to take care of him, and Haleigh became her substitute. I tend to believe that she was indeed hiding under the covers to block it out. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by aksleuth View Post

(snipped)

Now, this story is more believable IF those "witnesses" turned out to be co-conspirators. Let's have a secret party. We'll do drugs, maybe use the children for our fun and games, steal guns, money, drugs, whatever we can find. Something goes wrong and one child dies. With help of my co-conspirators, we dispose of the lifeless child.
    Yes, this going-there-to-steal-a-gun-but-stealing-a-child-instead story makes no sense to me, but your version does. Their being there to party and sitting around making comments or joking about robbing RC of his stash of drugs or guns to the point of actually doing it is believable. Or, even if there was no attempted theft, Haleigh could have been present during the party and somehow things started happening involving her--without premeditation or intent, but evolved to the point of no return.

If whatever happened was the result of party-goers behaving badly, they all played a part and then conspired to cover.

But even with this easier to swallow theory, we have Ronald Cummings' suspicious behavior/statements. His actions defy explanation. I have not been able to grasp any theory and really go with it, because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotarugrat View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread so if I'm repeating what someone else said, I'm sorry.

I may be swayed to believe that Haleigh was killed by a gun shot wound, but I do not believe that the it was intentional. I believe it was an accident. Whether Tommy was playing with the gun, or Misty was showing it to someone and it was loaded and went off...I don't know. I still lean toward RC knowing the truth about what happened to Haleigh, but keeping "plausible deniability" by not knowing exactly where her body is if you catch what I'm saying. I'm still of the impression that if she was killed by a gun was stolen/not legal in some way.
    Are there any reports of supposed gun shots by any of the locals?

They would have been smarter to just admit to an accident in the beginning. I can't believe that keeping a secret about an illegal gun would be worth more than your child's life.
    well, it might not have been just the illegal gun...where there's smoke, there's fire, so there were probably a lot of illegal activities to cover-from not only Ron, but all of the players. & Ron had custody of Jr to consider, & CPS had already been breathing down his neck, & he also had the problem of the underaged gf. So, if Ron knew what happened, & I think he did, his main priorites could've become about covering his own hide & keeping Jr. & I'm not bashing Ron, because this theory makes him not 'responsible', but there's no way to sift through this, without factoring in his behavior. On the jailhouse tape, between Misty & Chelsea, Misty was pretty convincing that Ron wasn't 'involved'. She had a dismissive, 'he's beside the point', attitude towards him, & I could be wrong, but I believed her. & it blew me away. But like I said, I think Ron knew. When the Shell Harbor search was going on, his reaction struck me as odd, to say the least, & I couldn't fight the feeling that Ron was impressed that Misty had LE on yet another wild goose chase...not necessarily relieved, but impressed. I detected that same attitude when he was talking about Misty from behind bars, about how he didn't know how being locked up hadn't gotten to her yet, because it was driving him crazy. which I have to admit, made me wonder, (again), if he had been covering for her all along. So, if Ron truly isn't buying the gun story, it's because he knows it's not true, & he sees no reason, (in his self preservationist mind), to bring his guns into the fray. But about him covering for Misty...if that's so, he has made some contradictory statements. but that could simply be Ron's attempt to point out, that he had been with Misty, because he trusted her, & not because he covered for her. IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by aksleuth View Post
    I'm going into someone's house to steal a gun with others already in the house. I get upset because the gun isn't there. Furious, I grab the nearest kid. Now what do I do with that kid? Rape her? With an audience? Beat her? Maybe. Just to show 'em not to mess with me. But there's still that peksy audience.

So I threaten the audience, with another weapon, because I don't have the gun I wanted to steal. What am I holding? Another gun? A knife? My fist? A rope? Poison? The candlestick?

So I'm holding the audience off with my mystery weapon. I either rape the kid, while threatening the others, or I beat her, strangle her, smother her. They keep watching me. Or has one disappeared under the covers?

Time to carry the body of the child out of the house. I'll take one of the spectators, leaving the other one under her covers. I'm a scary dude, with my mystery weapon, forcing the witness out the door while I carry the lifeless child, knowing the witness is too afraid of me to call 911, even though I'm no longer there.

What is wrong with that picture?

Now, this story is more believable IF those "witnesses" turned out to be co-conspirators. Let's have a secret party. We'll do drugs, maybe use the children for our fun and games, steal guns, money, drugs, whatever we can find. Something goes wrong and one child dies. With help of my co-conspirators, we dispose of the lifeless child.

Sure, I could believe this. BUT, what about Junior? Little Butterbean doesn't remember all this. He had vague recollections of a bouncing couch, a "black" man in black taking his sissy. Was he drugged? Was he even there? Was anyone at the mobile home that night? Could the party, the confrontation, the event have been elsewhere, which is why the MH is clean?

I'm going to agree with RC on this one. The story isn't believable as they are telling it. Let's not forget, Misty was out hanging posters with that skeeeery guy just hours later. What is wrong with that picture???

Now maybe they've screwed up the originally planned story, it sounds outrageous, so to cover his rear, RC claims, "I don't believe it", while thinking, these fools can't even tell a story after eleven months of rehearsals? I believe they are covering something far more sinister, something they don't want know. What on earth could that be?
    Oh Lordy, you got me with the "candlestick" and the pesky audience.

You got me, girl.... woman... insert-acceptable-PC-term-here.

heh heh good one. I needed a smile today.

:-)

hugs

( PS ...candlestick -- I was waiting for, "Professor Plum, Colonel Mustard, or the butler... in the parlor..." -- or was it the conservatory?)

Last edited by kant; 08-25-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    Yes, this going-there-to-steal-a-gun-but-stealing-a-child-instead story makes no sense to me, but your version does. Their being there to party and sitting around making comments or joking about robbing RC of his stash of drugs or guns to the point of actually doing it is believable. Or, even if there was no attempted theft, Haleigh could have been present during the party and somehow things started happening involving her--without premeditation or intent, but evolved to the point of no return.

If whatever happened was the result of party-goers behaving badly, they all played a part and then conspired to cover.

But even with this easier to swallow theory, we have Ronald Cummings' suspicious behavior/statements. His actions defy explanation. I have not been able to grasp any theory and really go with it, because of him.

color & bbm

..... and there it is.

moo

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    The gun story could have been used to cover for what really happened. I am thinking, Nay Nay's story may be closer to the truth. Then Misty, Tommy and Joe went back to the home and started the cover up. , Joe has since been thrown under the bus by, Tommy and Misty, to cover their own hide? JMOO
    I am behind, so I need to ask what Nay Nay's story is. Sorry if this is old news, but somehow I missed it.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by kant View Post
    I am behind, so I need to ask what Nay Nay's story is. Sorry if this is old news, but somehow I missed it.

TIA
    (snipped)
    ...."Nay Nay said detectives confronted her with a witness statement claiming she was partying with Misty the night Haleigh vanished, and that the missing six year old accidentally overdosed on Oxycontin and died. the witness claimed they “freaked” out, and that another party participant named White Boy Greg, aka, Greg Page, scooped Haleigh’s body into a bag and drove to a nearby pond to toss her...."

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    (snipped)
    ...."Nay Nay said detectives confronted her with a witness statement claiming she was partying with Misty the night Haleigh vanished, and that the missing six year old accidentally overdosed on Oxycontin and died. the witness claimed they “freaked” out, and that another party participant named White Boy Greg, aka, Greg Page, scooped Haleigh’s body into a bag and drove to a nearby pond to toss her...."
    & that story is just as unfathomable as the Joe story. 'a baby dies? let's toss her into the pond & pretend she was kidnapped, while I was sleeping.' But something sinister did happen, so who knows...maybe one of these stories is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    "Ronald has a hard time understanding why someone would go to steal a gun and steal a child instead," Shoemaker said. "I think he has a feeling that there's still more that needs to come out."<snipped>

http://palatkadailynews.com/articles...ews/news01.txt

This is not a RC bash thread folks. Thanks!

Let's discuss how taking Haleigh in lieu of a gun doesn't make any sense - or does it?

I'm thinking that if someone is drugged up, they might be that cruel. What do you guys think?
    Well, I voted that it didn't make sense and that I didn't believe it.

ETA. I can't for the life of me figure out why Ron wants the public to know that he doesn't believe the gun story. So far, he refuses to believe a. that the back door was unlocked b. that Misty wasn't home that night c. that Joe wasn't at the home d. that Haleigh would have left the MH that night e. he gave the stories himself where everyone slept and where Haleigh was sleeping e. he has proclaimed to Geraldo that he does not do drugs f. Ron has proclaimed that he does not abuse his children but he does however have an agreement with Haleigh that he hits her on her behind the way that DCF approves g. He is not an informant.

Now, Ron is going to treated as if he is an informant by getting a cherry picked deal from LE (supposedly because he is a grieving father).

Now if this information doesn't make you gag, just wait until Ron is sentenced and you'll really get a bout of stomach flu.
    Last edited by lonetraveler; 08-25-2010 at 07:55 PM.

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Where's Haleigh?

That's my only option, because all the stories that have been told and added to and subtracted from, just confuse me more and the gun story is not any more or any less ridiculous than all the others. I don't know what to think.

I will ask y'all this: Why on Earth would Tommy make up all these elaborate stories and try to pin it on Joe, if Ron is the one who caused Haleigh's death? Doesn't make sense. Misty, maybe... I can see her covering for Ron. But not Tommy. I can see Tommy covering for his brother Timmy... but not Ron.

It is my opinion ....that Ron ....in saying...he does not believe any story/stories about a GUN ...THAT NIGHT....he does not believe an argument ...with ANYONE ...over a GUN..ANY NIGHT...is trying to distance himself...from any connection..to HIS guns..

It seems to me..(correct me if I am in error, please) that all the talk of guns..in this case..has been all....HIS guns...

IF Haleigh died of a gunshot...IMO...it would HAVE to be from Ron's gun/guns..

To me, that would explain him removing all HIS GUNS...out of the MH..Getting rid of the evidence...NOT to "hide" them from the family...

So ...NO...I do NOT see JO or anyone coming into the MH to steal his gun....Not finding it...then...saying...OK Haleigh...I am going to strangle you to death...EVERYONE HIDE!!! "here I come"..NO WAY..Does not make ....ANY..sense...

Then the next day, Misty is hanging up posters with JO!!!! Just that picture of them together, putting up posters...that IS REAL to me...THAT IS FACT!!!
    This latest story???? ABSURB!!!!!
    IMO..Ron wants to COMPLETELY ...DISS/DENY/DISPUTE...ANY talk...about his guns..someone wanting his guns/ someone hiding his guns....someone looking for his guns/someone taking a life..for his guns....He wants the gun subject to..go away...and disappear...
    If Haleigh was shot by Ron with his gun....It would make sense to me..for him to avoid anything and everything relating to his guns.......all in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    "Ronald has a hard time understanding why someone would go to steal a gun and steal a child instead," Shoemaker said. "I think he has a feeling that there's still more that needs to come out."<snipped>

http://palatkadailynews.com/articles...ews/news01.txt

This is not a RC bash thread folks. Thanks!

Let's discuss how taking Haleigh in lieu of a gun doesn't make any sense - or does it?

I'm thinking that if someone is drugged up, they might be that cruel. What do you guys think?

In my youth, I was friends with many drugged up folks......never once did one EVER steal & murder a child. Oh sure, they may have stolen stuff....but MURDERING a CHILD? No way!

I think there is still some honor amongst drug addicted thieves.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    A perp will return to the scene, if just to "hear" what's going on..

I do believe this gun story. If JO was humilated and embarassed by RC and this alleged fight that RC is adamant didn't happen, IMO, means it did happen, to me. Since JO couldn't locate this rare weapon, he took RC's heart instead. What better way to get revenge on the person who made you feel small and made a fool of, someone you truly hate? JO seems very immature, seems volitile, his eyes have no soul. I would love to know more about him, if that's possible!

Didn't FH say, JO stabbed his own mother over some deli meat???

There was no blood in the MH to suggest HaLeigh was accidently shot.

Where is HaLeigh???

Makes sense to me, I just don't see it in this case

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast