Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thank you sbakker for that detailed explanation of visiting teaching and home teaching. I had always thought they were two names for the same thing! Now we know that Steven most certainly would have had a male companion. Did he inform this person he would not be available on Sunday or did he stand him up (which should have made at least one person aware that Steven was 'missing' as of Sunday evening)?

sbakker, who traditionally does the home teaching (as far as position in the church)? Do counselors? How are partnerships determined? Thank you!

Thank you sbakker for that detailed explanation of visiting teaching and home teaching. I had always thought they were two names for the same thing! Now we know that Steven most certainly would have had a male companion. Did he inform this person he would not be available on Sunday or did he stand him up (which should have made at least one person aware that Steven was 'missing' as of Sunday evening)?

sbakker, who traditionally does the home teaching (as far as position in the church)? Do counselors? How are partnerships determined? Thank you!

The men in the ward are asked to be home teachers. if they accept, they are paired up with anyone. No particular person, just anyone on the roll. If the elders quorm think that two might get along well, or if one is less active, they might place him with a active partner, so if that partner cannot make it, they can ask someone else.

Counselors often fill in for a missing person, someone sick, out of town, etc.

Our home teachers come between 6-8 p.m. They ask us what day and time would be best for us.

The men in the ward are asked to be home teachers. if they accept, they are paired up with anyone. No particular person, just anyone on the roll. If the elders quorm think that two might get along well, or if one is less active, they might place him with a active partner, so if that partner cannot make it, they can ask someone else.

Our home teachers come between 6-8 p.m. They ask us what day and time would be best for us.

See, this is why I'm not stuck to any one theory ;)

Right now, we have a conundrum (fresh today) involving *another* set of clues: the hometeaching visit and the "missing" partner.

We have the GW theory, the LL theory, the TH theory, the "not a crime" theory, the "involved with Mexican druglords who employ missing men and hold them captive" theory, the "walked away and is safe somewhere" theory ... and others I can't even remember.

..and no matter how many fingers we point, how many fingers are left to point elsewhere?

See, this is why I'm not stuck to any one theory ;)

Right now, we have a conundrum (fresh today) involving *another* set of clues: the hometeaching visit and the "missing" partner.

We have the GW theory, the LL theory, the TH theory, the "not a crime" theory, the "involved with Mexican druglords who employ missing men and hold them captive" theory, the "walked away and is safe somewhere" theory ... and others I can't even remember.

..and no matter how many fingers we point, how many fingers are left to point elsewhere?

That's a great question! Who woulda thunk we'd have a whole new theory to think about this far in?

My head hurts.

If SK's teaching partner was any of the men in the council meeting, they'd all know he wasn't going to be there. But the woman's comment makes it sound like she was expecting him to come alone.

Except for the occasions where one or the other partner can't make a teaching appointment, would the pairs be a regular team for an extended period of time?

Does anyone know who Steven's teaching partner was? Is it possible it's someone whose name has already come up? Like, one of the guys he spoke to the morning of 12/13?

Want me to stop asking questions?

If SK's teaching partner was any of the men in the council meeting, they'd all know he wasn't going to be there.

Not necessarily. All we've heard, is that SK wouldn't be able to fill in at the PEC (planning) meeting before the church services.

The hometeaching appointment wasn't until 7pm.

But the woman's comment makes it sound like she was expecting him to come alone.

Especially when she says he didn't show up. But she didn't say whether someone else showed up or not ;)

Yeah, I know. I guess that's why we suspected nothing until we got clarification about formal home teaching.
But sbakker's right, now that I think about it. We used to have home teachers come around, not realizing we weren't LDS, when I was growing up -and they were always in pairs.

I think this is an important point we need to get clarified.
But who'd know for sure?
Would the ward clerk keep track of the partnerships?

Renn. Where ARE you?

Steven Koecher

Thanks for posting the big pictures -- it reinforces an identity issue I noticed a few weeks ago: his two front teeth. One's a bit longer than the other, and one's a tiny bit darker (almost like when you have a crown put on that doesn't age like your other tooth).

Do I see some bridgework in the very back of his smile? (I thought it was a spot on my needs-cleaning monitor, but it's not.)

That's something that would also be noticed, face to face.

Except for the occasions where one or the other partner can't make a teaching appointment, would the pairs be a regular team for an extended period of time?

Does anyone know who Steven's teaching partner was? Is it possible it's someone whose name has already come up? Like, one of the guys he spoke to the morning of 12/13?

Want me to stop asking questions?

You're asking the same things I've been asking myself. But the family's not going to know that answer. I don't know who really would. Well....I guess there's ONE person to ask. SS herself.

sbakker: Do you have a contact who can ask SS, who was the home teaching partner and did they show up when SK didn't?

Body found in cluttered room at Billie Jean James HOME, months after her husband reported her missing (on April 22nd). Reports had her "last seen" on St Mary Parkway, sitting on the ground.
KTVN-TV.

Here's one for you UIDers:
Man's Body on Columbia River Banks

You're asking the same things I've been asking myself. But the family's not going to know that answer. I don't know who really would. Well....I guess there's ONE person to ask. SS herself.

sbakker: Do you have a contact who can ask SS, who was the home teaching partner and did they show up when SK didn't?

I was clueless about the home teaching specifics until today (thank you sbakker!).

Surely the ward keeps records of the pairings and such???

If SK's teaching partner was any of the men in the council meeting, they'd all know he wasn't going to be there. But the woman's comment makes it sound like she was expecting him to come alone.

Occasionally they come alone, without a partner, but are not supposed to. Sometimes our home teacher brings his wife, or even his children. This could have been the situation. My son-in-law brings my daughter orone of their 15 year old twins.

I will try and ask someone.

I will try and ask someone.

Thank you! You're our #1 St George Detective!

I just can't see it being appropriate for SK to go to SS's house alone to home teach. I bet there are even stricter rules for home teaching in a singles ward than in regular wards. Here is another question though: Does (Did) SS live alone? If she had roommates who also went to church with SK, it might not be so weird.

I was sitting in my neighbors backyard last night and visiting teachers were out and about. We laughed about trying to avoid them and she told me, "If I don't want to talk to them, I just tell them my husband isn't home. They won't come in my house if my husband's not there." If this rule applies in my neighborhood, it has to apply elsewhere. There are usually pretty strict rules about these types of things.

I just can't see it being appropriate for SK to go to SS's house alone to home teach. I bet there are even stricter rules for home teaching in a singles ward than in regular wards. Here is another question though: Does (Did) SS live alone? If she had roommates who also went to church with SK, it might not be so weird.

I was sitting in my neighbors backyard last night and visiting teachers were out and about. We laughed about trying to avoid them and she told me, "If I don't want to talk to them, I just tell them my husband isn't home. They won't come in my house if my husband's not there." If this rule applies in my neighborhood, it has to apply elsewhere. There are usually pretty strict rules about these types of things.

You'd think that if there were two of them, they could be trusted with a single person. It might be that they see the husband as the leader of the family.

I was clueless about the home teaching specifics until today (thank you sbakker!).

Surely the ward keeps records of the pairings and such???

The Elders Quorum President tracks the Home Teachers from that organization. The High Priest Group Leader tracks the Home Teachers from his group. The ward computers have a special program to track the assignments. The Relief Society President is in charge of the Visiting Teachers and uses the same computer program. Lists are available to the ward leadership showing each member and each member's Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers. Everytime someone moves in or out of the ward, the HT and VT lists are updated and rearranged. It's a never ending job!

Also, no Home Teacher is to go alone to visit a single sister. The rules are very clear on that.

The Elders Quorum President tracks the Home Teachers from that organization. The High Priest Group Leader tracks the Home Teachers from his group. The ward computers have a special program to track the assignments. The Relief Society President is in charge of the Visiting Teachers and uses the same computer program. Lists are available to the ward leadership showing each member and each member's Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers. Everytime someone moves in or out of the ward, the HT and VT lists are updated and rearranged. It's a never ending job!

Also, no Home Teacher is to go alone to visit a single sister. The rules are very clear on that.

Thanks. There's some interesting possibilities; we almost need a flow chart:

1 - The partner didn't know SK wasn't going to show up for the 7pm appointment.
a. The partner, expecting to meet SK somewhere, didn't go to SS's home without SK. Never sounded an alert. Never tried to call.​
b. The partner hoped to meet SK at SS's home and went there without him, waiting. Never sounded an alert. Never tried to call.​
2. The partner DID know SK wasn't going to be at the apointment.
a. But didn't inform SS that no one was coming.​
b. Found someone else to go hometeach SS.​
c. So who WAS the partner? SA or GW? OR...did someone else know SK wasn't going to be in St George on Sunday? That person needs to speak up.​
3. Steven couldn't find a partner for Sunday evening, so just blew it off himself (out of frustration?)
4. It wasn't really a hometeaching appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123