1342 users online (320 members and 1022 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Goldie Robinson, 78, Daytona, July 2010

Elderly woman's disappearance called 'suspicious'
    Goldie Robinson's son says he doubts a neighbor's story that she got married and took a vacation.

South Daytona police are asking the public's help in finding a missing 78-year-old widow who supposedly got married "unexpectedly" and went on an apparent honeymoon in the Carolinas.

Goldie May Robinson's son, Fred Roberts, reported her missing Sunday morning, police said today. He thinks the marriage story may be fiction and that his mom is in trouble.

"Something bad is wrong," said Roberts, 58, who lives in Baltimore. "It doesn't sound good at all."

Robinson said his mother got upset with him and they hadn't spoken for at least a couple of months, but he had been in touch with a neighbor who claimed to be looking after her, he said. The neighbor, who has not been implicated in the disappearance, is in jail without bail on a violation-of-probation charge. The original charge was fraudulent use of personal identification

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7128308.story
    Last edited by Kimster; 09-07-2010 at 09:39 PM.

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanzesMimi View Post
    Elderly woman's disappearance called 'suspicious'
    Goldie Robinson's son says he doubts a neighbor's story that she got married and took a vacation.

South Daytona police are asking the public's help in finding a missing 78-year-old widow who supposedly got married "unexpectedly" and went on an apparent honeymoon in the Carolinas.

Goldie May Robinson's son, Fred Roberts, reported her missing Sunday morning, police said today. He thinks the marriage story may be fiction and that his mom is in trouble.

"Something bad is wrong," said Roberts, 58, who lives in Baltimore. "It doesn't sound good at all."

Robinson said his mother got upset with him and they hadn't spoken for at least a couple of months, but he had been in touch with a neighbor who claimed to be looking after her, he said. The neighbor, who has not been implicated in the disappearance, is in jail without bail on a violation-of-probation charge. The original charge was fraudulent use of personal identification
    BBM
    Oh no....That charge of fraudulent use of personal identification scares me...I wish we had a name for the neighbor!!! :-(
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

More at the link above: This doesn't sound good at all...

After the long silence, however, Roberts sent a couple of friends to his mother's mobile home over the weekend to look for her, and they found it locked up tight with Robinson nowhere to be found, he said. Roberts, whose name is on the title to the home, drove to Florida and got police involved.

When Roberts went inside by jimmying a window, he found a mess: a slept-on mattress on the floor, full ashtrays, the carpet torn up, he said.

"I can't describe the feeling I got when I walked in," he said. "It was a sickening feeling."

Most of his mother's personal possessions, including her clothes, were gone, as was an old Ford Taurus she drove. Robinson also owned a newer-model minivan and had recently bought a Hyundai Sonata — behavior her son says doesn't make sense. Neither vehicle is missing.

"Mom had no mansion," Roberts said. She lived in a trailer. She had very little in a bank. She lived on $1,200 social security [monthly]. "[But] she had a few nice things that she had gathered up over the years. She worked her entire life."

Years ago in Baltimore, Robinson labored for a meat-packing company. After she moved to Florida in 1973 because a younger son had asthma, she worked as a Denny's waitress and later as a Denny's manager.

Robinson, a great-grandmother, was capable of living alone and liked being independent, Roberts said. However, she needs a breathing machine for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and is on medication for high blood pressure. It's out of character for her to "just up and leave," he said.

A cousin of Roberts' saw his mother about a month ago. But nobody other than the neighbor who befriended Robinson seems to know about the older, well-to-do gentleman he was told she had married — or why she vanished without a word to anyone.

"I hope Mom's laying on the beach somewhere drinking margaritas," Roberts said, his voice breaking. "But I don't think that's the case."

Police have labeled the disappearance suspicious and ask anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida at 1-888-277-8477.

More here...

The family said police were moving Goldie Robinson's cars when they noticed something in a nearby wooded area. Police have said they found evidence, but did not confirm they found a body.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24758054/detail.html

SOUTH DAYTONA -- Police have found a partially covered body behind a mobile home off Nova Road this afternoon.

Investigators are waiting for the medical examiner before taking away the body, which Lt. Ron Wright said is covered except for one leg. Police do not have an identification of the body.

The find is next door to the mobile home in the Daytona Twin Oaks mobile home park where a 77-year-old woman missing since early July lived.

Police today were investigating her disappearance as suspicious when the body was found.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/br...olice-say.html
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 08-25-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: copyright violation

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    SOUTH DAYTONA -- Police have found a partially covered body behind a mobile home off Nova Road this afternoon.

Investigators are waiting for the medical examiner before taking away the body, which Lt. Ron Wright said is covered except for one leg. Police do not have an identification of the body.

The find is next door to the mobile home in the Daytona Twin Oaks mobile home park where a 77-year-old woman missing since early July lived.

Police today were investigating her disappearance as suspicious when the body was found.

Oh my God...
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 08-25-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: copyright violation by quoted post
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

Robinson said his mother got upset with him and they hadn't spoken for at least a couple of months, but he had been in touch with a neighbor, Kimberly Dawn "Yaya" Smith, who claimed to be looking after her, he said. Smith, who has not been implicated in the disappearance, is serving 364 days in the Orange County Jail bail on a violation-of-probation conviction. The original charge was fraudulent use of personal identification............

Also:

The manager of the mobile-home park saw Robinson about July 1 and on Aug. 18 found Samuel Adam Smith living in her unit. Smith told the manager that he was fixing up the home for Robinson while she was out of town, a police report states, but the manager told him to stay out.

A woman who identified herself as Smith's wife today said the couple would have no comment and hung up on a reporter.

First time, I tried to do two quotes on same post. I can't tell if it's working.
    (posts #4 and #5 by TexasLil)

If they saw a leg uncovered, does that mean that there was no decomposition?
    In Florida heat? I would think the smell would be very strong.

ETA - well, it didn't work.
    Last edited by watcher9; 08-25-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added eta

http://www.wftv.com/news/24762157/detail.html

A badly decomposed body was located on the property of Robinson's neighbor, Kimberly Smith. Smith was locked up around a week ago for violating her probation on a fraudulent use of personal identification charge from 2006.

Police have questioned Smith twice and recently; she told them a bizarre tale about Robinson's whereabouts.

"Her story to everyone was that Goldie got married and took off to the Carolinas for an extended honeymoon. We are unable to verify that story," Wright said.

Neighbors told WFTV they don't buy it either. Robinson just turned 78 and was known to keep to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    First time, I tried to do two quotes on same post. I can't tell if it's working.
    (posts #4 and #5 by TexasLil)

If they saw a leg uncovered, does that mean that there was no decomposition?
    In Florida heat? I would think the smell would be very strong.

ETA - well, it didn't work.
    Hit the multi quote button
    beside the quote button
    do this on every post you want to quote
    on the last post you are quoting
    hit the multi quote and the quote button also.

To view your post before posting it
    select go advanced
    then select preview post.

Hope that helps.

More here...

The family said police were moving Goldie Robinson's cars when they noticed something in a nearby wooded area. Police have said they found evidence, but did not confirm they found a body.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24758054/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Hit the multi quote button
    beside the quote button
    do this on every post you want to quote
    on the last post you are quoting
    hit the multi quote and the quote button also.

To view your post before posting it
    select go advanced
    then select preview post.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.
    I didn't hit the quote button at the end.

LOL - I looked at my post and couldn't figure out where all these quotes came from and then realized that the other quotes I had tried to do before must have still been in memory and when I hit the quote button to reply to your post, they all came with it.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by watcher9; 08-25-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: LOL

Bless this woman's heart. This is beyond sad. Prayers for her Son.

12:41 p.m. EDT, August 26, 2010

South Daytona police Wednesday night served a search warrant at the home that belongs to the neighbor of a missing woman, but would not say today what, if anything, was found during the search.

Meanwhile, an autopsy is being performed today on a decomposing body found Wednesday behind that home.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5937357.story
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

Snipped a few updates since yesterday:

Roberts, 58, has been trying to reach his mother for about two months. A neighbor who lives across the street, Kimberly "Yaya" Smith, 44, told him Robinson had married a wealthy older man named Rusty and was on vacation in the Carolinas, he told police. She even sent him a photo of the newlyweds, marked "Just married, July 19, 2010" in a text message, an investigator's report says.

Police found an elderly man asleep on Smith's living-room couch. He looked like the man in the newlywed picture. He said he moved in with Smith and her boyfriend, David Enos, who were taking care of him after a stroke, a police report states. The man said he had seen Robinson several weeks before, but he was not her husband.

There are no Florida records of any recent marriage for Robinson, officers found.

During a search of Smith's home, police came across a disabled woman in a rear bedroom who told them Smith had informally adopted her, helps her with her money and takes care of her, the report states.

Police found the body, covered in a way police would not describe, in woods behind the mobile home Smith and Enos shared. A medical examiner will identify the body.

"It's highly suspicious," said Lt. Ron Wright of the South Daytona police.

Smith is serving 364 days at the Orange County Jail on a violation-of-probation conviction after being picked up by authorities earlier this month. She declined to be interviewed by the Orlando Sentinel. A woman identifying herself as the wife of Smith's son said the family had no comment and hung up on a reporter. A message left for Enos was not returned.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...dy-mobile-home

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast