745 users online (100 members and 645 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075

    KY - Abandoned baby found near Highview dumpster

    http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=13038634

    The woman didn't want to be identified, but told us she was taking out the trash with her 3-year-old when she noticed some crumpled newspaper next to the dumpster appeared to be moving. She first thought it was an animal inside the paper, but then saw the baby's foot. The woman scooped the newborn boy up, brought him inside and called for help.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    763
    The woman who found the baby sounds like an amazing lady. I am glad she found the baby boy before it was too late. Hopefully this little baby will be adopted out to a loving family.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    I just don't understand people who abandon babies like this. There are other options if you don't want to be a parent. It was a miracle that the woman was taking out her trash at that time, noticed the moving newspaper, and bothered to check it out. All of those things had to have happened for that baby to survive. It is astounding.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,577
    Thank God this woman waited to see what was moving, instead of bolting away for her safety. I hope the woman who bore this child will be found.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    Thank God this woman waited to see what was moving, instead of bolting away for her safety. I hope the woman who bore this child will be found.
    Seriously! When I think about it, it makes my skin crawl. I probably would have assumed it was a rat, grabbed up my kid, and run away.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    oklahoma/heart of tornado alley
    Posts
    574
    wow..thank god baby was still alive, and the woman checked it out. i too would have thought it to be a rat or a possum. no excuse for this, especially now safe haven law is in all 50 states now!

  7. #7
    I just want to say that I noticed that the baby boy was found outside of the dumpster, for some reason (I hope that it is because deep inside she hoped he would be found) instead of inside of the dumpster. (He most likely would not be found).

    My wish is that the mother could have found a police station, fire department or hospital to leave the child she left. I am so greatful that he is ok. I am frustrated that children are being left behind like trash.

    I pray and hope with all my heart that some sort message to let mothers know "safe haven" laws exsist and more information on how they work will happen in our communities.

    Our children are never trash!!! Our situations might be trash, our lives might have been filled with experiences full of pain we wish to abandon..but our children never ever should be left behind to be forgotten.

    I hope the little boy is safe and finds a loving home with someone who would never leave him behind. Give him a name that he can carry with pride, hugs and kisses and exceptance for the rest of his days.

    A special thank you to the lady and your young child that took time out of their day to discover the mircle that young boy truely is.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499


    Police said the woman who said she found a newborn child is found alive beside a Dumpster near the Derby Run apartments may be the infant's mother.

    http://www.wlky.com/news/24749124/detail.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,051
    What!?!!
    [/I]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post


    Police said the woman who said she found a newborn child is found alive beside a Dumpster near the Derby Run apartments may be the infant's mother.

    http://www.wlky.com/news/24749124/detail.html
    I'm no psychic but for some reason I thought that. I really did.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    763
    So maybe the baby was never at the dumpster to start? Crazy... Funny how she made herself a hero instead of a villain but it backfired.. I still sort of hope that she isn't the mother and was a good Samaritan instead.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    I'm no psychic but for some reason I thought that. I really did.
    wow really Filly??? you need to sophisticate me, lol, i was blindsided.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    wow really Filly??? you need to sophisticate me, lol, i was blindsided.

    I'll lend ya my crystal ball. Honestly I'm not sure what made me think it. Maybe because she had her 3 year old with her bringing out the trash? Naw. No, maybe it is because she said she thought it was an animal but then miraculously saw the little foot.

    If it's true what would be her motive?

    No matter here's positive vibes this little angel gets a wonderful life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post


    Police said the woman who said she found a newborn child is found alive beside a Dumpster near the Derby Run apartments may be the infant's mother.

    http://www.wlky.com/news/24749124/detail.html
    W T H
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Wow! I wish they would explain WHY they think she's the mother. What's the comment about the ubillical cord being cut in a way that only a doctor would know how to do??

    I have questions!! Lots and lots and lots of questions?????

    ETA: so maybe the baby was never at the dumpster to begin with????
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. SC - Claflin University - Newborn baby found alive in dumpster
    By stillwatersc in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2016, 04:53 PM
  2. TX - Houston, Newborn baby found alive in dumpster.
    By SurfieTX in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM
  3. Abandoned baby girl found in toilet
    By Kymistry35 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
  4. VA - 'Baby Grace', newborn found dead in Norfolk dumpster, March 2006
    By Spazkat9696 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 07:44 PM