NY NY - Earl Dunckel, 21, Lowville, 27 Aug 1993

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 574DMNY

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/574dmny.html

Earl Dunckel
Missing since August 27, 1993 from Lowville, Lewis County, New York.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: November 25, 1971
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 170 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Dunckel has facial dimples. He wears eyeglasses.
•Marks, Scars: He has a scar near his upper lip.
•Nickname: Eric

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dunckel was last seen during the early morning hours of August 27, 1993 at his residence in Lowville, New York.
He was planning to take a camping trip at the time and carried his equipment in his vehicle.
Dunckel's car was discovered abandoned the following day, August 28, in the Adirondack Forest Preserve at the end of Steam Mill Road in Brantingham, New York.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

New York State Police
Troop D
Lowville Station
315-376-6241
Email

NCIC Number:
M-13654866
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
New York State Police

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dunckel_earl.html

Earl is not listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles at this time for Earl.

Earl has been missing close to 17 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• EDunckel.jpg
    EDunckel.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 73
I found a list of people displayed on playing cards from New York. Eric is part of that deck and he is listed under the category of Unsolved Homicides.

http://www.hope4themissing.org/page.php?13

k-d_dunckel.jpg

This is my brother, Eric. He has been missing since 1993. My mother has been diagnosed with Brian cancer and doesn't have long to live. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please ask any questions and I will give the answers I have. We are looking for any and all help. Any ideas.

Welcome to Websleuths Swoozie. I'm sorry it's under these circumstances. I hope you can find the answers you need before your mom passes. :grouphug:

I have a few questions based on what I have read, if you feel comfortable answering.

Was Eric planning on going camping with anyone else? Where was his intended destination? Who found his car abandoned and how soon did your family find out he was missing?

One site that lists your brother's case has it as an unsolved homicide. Was there evidence found in the car that suggested foul play or was this determination made at a later time? Do you have any personal theories as to what could have happened?

This is my brother, Eric. He has been missing since 1993. My mother has been diagnosed with Brian cancer and doesn't have long to live. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please ask any questions and I will give the answers I have. We are looking for any and all help. Any ideas.
There is an unidentified hiker fiund deceased in 2018 in Florida. Had told people his hike started in new New York. He went by Ben Bilemy. But not believed to be his real name if you Google you will find pictures and a Facebook page.

• earl_eric_dunckel_1.jpg
Dunckel, circa 1993
  • Missing Since 08/27/1993
  • Missing From Lowville, New York
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/25/1971 (52)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 170 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A canvas jacket, a shirt, size 33X34 pants and size 9 1/2 black boots.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Dunckel has facial dimples and he wears eyeglasses. He has a scar near his upper lip. He goes by his middle name, Eric.

Details of Disappearance​

Dunckel was last seen during the early morning hours of August 27, 1993 at his residence in Lowville, New York. He was planning to take a camping trip at the time and carried his equipment in his vehicle.

Dunckel's car was discovered abandoned the following day, August 28, in the Adirondack Forest Preserve at the end of Steam Mill Road in Brantingham, New York. There was no trace of him at the scene. He has never been heard from again.

Investigating Agency​

• New York State Police
  • Troop D
  • Lowville Station
  • 315-376-6241

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated
March 26, 2011; middle name and clothing/jewelry description added.

I have the impression that this man succumbed to the climatic elements of the area in some way... there is also the possibility that he sought this very thing to commit suicide... you never know what is going through another person's mind... perhaps he was depressed...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak