NY NY - Woodbury, BlkMale 25-35, 218UMNY, knock-kneed, French/Eng dictionary, May'98

RubyRed

"Keep on Truckin"
Reaction score
Case File 218UMNY

218UMNY.jpg

Unidentified Black Male

Located on May 3, 1998 in Woodbury, Orange County, New York.
The victim had wounds from two different calibers of guns.
The estimated date of death is 1985.
State of Remains: Skeletal​

Vital Statistics​

Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'11"; 140 - 160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: He was knock-kneed.
Dentals: Dental information is available.
Clothing: When found, the victim was fully clothed. His clothes are pictured below.
A black t-shirt with design of a rainbow leading to a pot of gold, Inscribed Follow Your Dreams.
A blue zippered Sir Jac Jacket.
Blue or black jeans with a 32-inch waist and a 32-inch inseam.
Blue boxer shorts.
White low-top Pony sneakers. They were out of style at the time.
A hair pick. Items not pictured: a French/English dictionary, a yellow "Bic" lighter and a metal nail file.​

Charles+Doe+1998+NY+facial+reconstruction.jpg

The bottom of a 25-foot embankment near the Long Path Rest Area, Bear Mountain State Park, 1/4 a mile east of State Route 6. Town of Woodbury, NY, Orange County is where volunteers found fully dressed skeletal remains.
On May 3, 1998, the Ramapo Chapter of the Adirondack Mountain Club while volunteering near the Long Mountain Rest area of Route 6 found those skeletal remains wrapped in plastic. Like I mentioned, the deceased was fully dressed.

The full dressed skeleton was wearing:

Charles+Doe+1998+NY+clothes.jpg

*A black t shirt with the design of a rainbow leading to a pot of gold,
*inscribed with Follow Your Dreams.

*A blue zippered sir Jac Jacket.

*Blue or black jeans with 32 inch waist and a 32 inch inseam.

*Blue boxer shorts

*White low-top Pony sneakers

And had the following items:

*Hair pick,

*French/ English dictionary,

*Metal nail file

*Yellow “Bic” lighter

Charles+Doe+1998+NY++map+of+location.jpg

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/

Since the Woodbury Doe carried a French/English directory, he could be either from Quebec or France. I found possible Luc Doucy from Quebec after search none similar from France. I think that the vital statistics & estimate death from the UID is consistent with the Doe Network: Case File 493DMQC. I could be wrong. Here's the link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/493dmqc.html

Charles+Doe+1998+NY+facial+reconstruction.jpg

The bottom of a 25-foot embankment near the Long Path Rest Area, Bear Mountain State Park, 1/4 a mile east of State Route 6. Town of Woodbury, NY, Orange County is where volunteers found fully dressed skeletal remains.
On May 3, 1998, the Ramapo Chapter of the Adirondack Mountain Club while volunteering near the Long Mountain Rest area of Route 6 found those skeletal remains wrapped in plastic. Like I mentioned, the deceased was fully dressed.

The full dressed skeleton was wearing:

Charles+Doe+1998+NY+clothes.jpg

*A black t shirt with the design of a rainbow leading to a pot of gold,
*inscribed with Follow Your Dreams.

*A blue zippered sir Jac Jacket.

*Blue or black jeans with 32 inch waist and a 32 inch inseam.

*Blue boxer shorts

*White low-top Pony sneakers

And had the following items:

*Hair pick,

*French/ English dictionary,

*Metal nail file

*Yellow “Bic” lighter

Charles+Doe+1998+NY++map+of+location.jpg

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/

Thank you for posting this! "Follow Your Dreams" John Doe is one of the cases I mentioned in the "Cases that Haunt You" thread. It's not said how investigators came up with 1985 as a possible date of death. Not only the sneakers, but that style of iron-on decal shirt would've been out of style in 1998 (unless it was a retro reproduction shirt, and they obviously don't believe it was.)

I've searched for that t-shirt decal with no success, but I did find photos of what I believe to be the same "Sir Jac" jacket on eBay a while back. The eBay listing described it as being made in the 1970s, and while I haven't verified that, it's not unreasonable that someone might have been wearing a jacket in the mid-eighties that was six or more years old. Photos:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/Rollerwings/sirjac1.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/Rollerwings/sirjac5.jpg

Luc Soucy looks like a good match. He and FYD John Doe are both tall and very slim. His Doe Network page doesn't mention his ethnicity...

I thought the UID was black? Luc Soucy doesn't really look black. Although I don't know how they determined UID's ethnicity on skeletal remains.

The French/English dictionary is intriguing. The location he was found, however, seems so cliche.....just far enough from the city to be in the sticks where a body could be dumped. My guess is murderers and maybe even UID were from near New York city and UID could be a Canadian who moved there too.

I might be wrong but looking at his clothes just gives me a mid-1980s vibe rather than a 90s. The skinny jeans, the Pony sneakers, the hair pick, and the t-shirt. I think that the t-shirt is related to Freddy Kruger because I've seen shirts that have Freddy Kruger on it and then there is a rainbow behind him and it says "Follow Your Dreams", so I guess that adds on to why I'm getting this vibe. Also, if we only knew the copyright date of the dictionary he had on him, I think that could give a good idea as to around the time he was killed. But I'm definitely guessing somewhere during the mid-1980s was when he was murdered.

Unidentified: Town of Woodbury, Orange County, NY​

NIC #U122217689
Basic Information
Race:
Black
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 6" to 5'11"
Other: Knock-kneed

Remains Found: 05/03/1998
Location: The bottom of a 25-foot embankment near the Long Path Rest Area, Bear Mountain State Park, 1/4 a mile east of State Route 6, town of Woodbury, Orange County, NY
Unidentified: Woodbury remains location

Victims Apparel:
When found, deceased was fully clothed (see below).
Items not pictured: a French/English dictionary, a yellow "Bic" lighter and a metal nail file.
Unidentified: Woodbury clothing

If you have any information, please call:
New York State Police
Troop F, Criminal Investigation Bureau
Monroe, New York
(845) 782-8311

or e-mail the information to: nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

Marvin Cornell Gibbs, I’ve just submitted. Never had the chills before!
This MP was last seen in Loch Sheldrake, NY (about 50 miles to Woodbury) on March 29, 1985. He is of Jamaican descent and perhaps spoke Patois, thus the French/English dictionary. His age of disappearance is 19 and height and weight estimated to be 5’9”-5’11” and 170-190 respectively. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket and brown pants and carrying a burgundy duffel bag with additional clothing items. He is still currently listed in NAMUS and his name is Marvin Cornell Gibbs. Here’s hoping!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back