Levi Page's new article about BNN and Haleigh.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Levi has written what actually happened with the Lisa Croslin story and Simone at BNN. Kim Picasio is involved too.

It is a great article and states exactly why we do not allow links to BNN.

As I posted on the comments section of Levi's article I would LOVE to be able to link to BNN. The more reliable sources the better.

This is how rumors get started. It is a lesson we should all heed.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...er-news-network-over-fake-lisa-croslin-report

Kim Picasio, any rules written towards a good discussion?

How is it possible to know the results of medical tests that Lisa had at the hospital?

At the hospital Croslin took a blood test, the results showed that there were no traces of alcohol in her system and the level of xanax in her system is consistent with the appropriate dosage for her to take.

I would think that MSM would have picked up on the story regarding Lisa Croslin whether she was drunk or assaulted. There is not one MSM article regarding what happened to Lisa Croslin. I so want to see some "hardcore" facts regarding what happened to Lisa.

I so want to see some "hardcore" facts regarding what happened to Lisa.
I don't. I only want to see facts that pertain to finding Haleigh and I don't think Lisa is anything to this story except fodder for gossip, IMO.

I don't. I only want to see facts that pertain to finding Haleigh and I don't think Lisa is anything to this story except fodder for gossip, IMO.

Perhaps LC has nothing to do with the Haleigh story. But if her children have told her anything and then it's found that she withheld the info, then I'd say that she has knownledge that could be pertinent in solving the case. Then again it could be called second hand info. She wasn't there when Haleigh came up missing but afterward did a couple of video interviews about what MC told her. She, Lisa was brought into the public eyes on this case because of HER interviews. She was also brought into the public eyes on the Haleigh case when they TAPED the videos of her visits with her children. Where her children speak of Haleigh and this info could be useful in this case also. She knew that these videos were being aired. So that's the reason that people want to hear anything about what's going on with LC. I think that anything. any little tidbit of info that could be gleaned from any of the people associated with the main players in this case is of the utmost importance. :twocents:

AND....AND...it's not because:
Respectfully snipped form the article that I just read in the beginning of this thread:
but yet some blogs who claim to follow the Haleigh Cummings case have treated her like a starlet celebrity such as Lindsy Lohan and Lady GaGa, reporting on her recent downward spiral in the world of drugs.

Whose words are these? Did they come out of the writers mouth or LC's? She's not been treated like a starlet celebrity. How can one even draw this comparison?

My favorite part was when he wrote about Haleigh. :)

Thank you Levi for reminding everyone where to keep our priorities!

haleigh5-1.gif

I echo that. Thank you Levi. I think that ANY story that keeps Haleigh's story in the public's eyes and on the public's mind is appreciated.

I don't think MSM would pick this story up necessarily.

Levi or BNN don't have to reveal their sources but I guess I take Levi's word over BNN because of past issues.

If there is a police report or whatever hard evidence is out there I would like to see it to only so we can see what was true and what wasn't.

Unfortunately because of Misty's family troubles with the law they have all become fodder for the forums and for that I am truly sorry. They did nothing to bring this attention on to them. Misty did however and that is who people should be angry at. Let's bring it around to the culprit here shall we?

There would be no need to report on Lisa had BNN not reported what they did. The story was fishy from the beginning so it was necessary to talk about the other side of the story.

My heart truly breaks for Lisa. Drug addiction is a horrible disease and yes it is a disease. She needs help. She has had a rotten life and for her life to get better she needs to seek help.

I hope someone who has the resources or perhaps knows who to contact can help Lisa. It would be wonderful if from this nightmare she was able to turn her life around.

I don't think MSM would pick this story up necessarily.

Levi or BNN don't have to reveal their sources but I guess I take Levi's word over BNN because of past issues.

If there is a police report or whatever hard evidence is out there I would like to see it to only so we can see what was true and what wasn't.

Unfortunately because of Misty's family troubles with the law they have all become fodder for the forums and for that I am truly sorry. They did nothing to bring this attention on to them. Misty did however and that is who people should be angry at. Let's bring it around to the culprit here shall we?

There would be no need to report on Lisa had BNN not reported what they did. The story was fishy from the beginning so it was necessary to talk about the other side of the story.

My heart truly breaks for Lisa. Drug addiction is a horrible disease and yes it is a disease. She needs help. She has had a rotten life and for her life to get better she needs to seek help.

I hope someone who has the resources or perhaps knows who to contact can help Lisa. It would be wonderful if from this nightmare she was able to turn her life around.

BBM

I agree.

If Lisa was brought to the ER due to an assault, there should be a police report. The ER has to report people brought in due to assaults. And Levi's article states:
It turns out that Croslin was not in the hospital because she was drunk/high, but because she was the victim of an assault. A woman at a shelter Croslin was staying at attacked her for a legit prescription she had of xanax. She stole some xanax and shelter staff called an ambulance and Croslin was taken to the hospital. Fortunately, Croslin had no broken bones

Since Lisa was transported by ambulance, there definitely should be a police report due to the assault.

Perhaps Levi or someone local could get a copy for us? We have seen plenty of them throughout the course of this case thanks to the Sunshine Laws. At least a police report would put to rest the question of what really happen. :angel:

I don't care for BNN and how Simon views himself and his posting as "The Press". His Haleigh Updates get the most hits, but a majority of the time there are no true updates on her, just tabloid trash about characters that have zoomed in and out of the case. He obsesses over Art in the name of Haleigh Updates, puts unresearched info out there that does nothing more than stir the tabloid pot, and treats Cobra like he is the 2nd coming of god. Cobra should have long faded from this case... but thanks to Simon and BNN, Cobra's unneeded crap and false info still muddies up the water.

*gets off of my soapbox*

ETA: and I hate how he tries to be nasty about Tim Miller and poked at Padilla on his "radio" show to talk trash about Tim.

I'm glad others see problems with both sides of this story. I don't know the truth so I'm not willing to stand on either side of the fence. What would convince me is proof. A police report would do.

I don't know why the folks at BNN would perpetrate such a tale if it hadn't been given to them.

I have trouble believing an attorney who splattered her former client's personal business all over the internet. Why is this attorney talking about her client's medical tests? Were there really such tests?

I am willing to cut Lisa some slack. I know she's had it rough with so many family members in jail and at least two involved (by their own admissions) in the loss/murder of a small child. We know she's been addicted for years and we were concerned what would happen to her alone after her release from jail.

I don't understand how Levi can side with one story without proof. I wish he'd have been unbiased and he had waited for documentation before posting his article.

Why was Lisa kicked out of the shelter if someone attacked her? What is the shelter's policy on prescribed medications? Are the meds to be given to someone is charge and distributed when needed? Or they disallowed all together? What happens to people who truly need meds to maintain health conditions? Was Lisa holding her meds secretly? Too many unanswered questions.

Such a sad situation, I hate that some have made it into a unnecessary brawl.

Levi has written what actually happened with the Lisa Croslin story and Simone at BNN. Kim Picasio is involved too.

It is a great article and states exactly why we do not allow links to BNN.

As I posted on the comments section of Levi's article I would LOVE to be able to link to BNN. The more reliable sources the better.

This is how rumors get started. It is a lesson we should all heed.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...er-news-network-over-fake-lisa-croslin-report

Kim - if you read here, THANK YOU! " I guess the crazy tin foil hat commentators that flock to BNN are banned from most reputable forums such as Websleuths, are into that stuff?"

Update: I posted past my bedtime - the above quote is Levi - so, thanks Levi! LOL

I guess I'm just confused.

If Lisa was given Xanax by a reputable doctor:
*why?-she's an addict, the last thing you do is prescribe something with the potential to be addicting.
*how?-she has no job, no minor children in her care so she doesn't have the funds to pay for a medication out of pocket and she doesn't qualify for medicaid by Florida state regulations.

What I want to know:
*who paid for her medication?
*why did they pay for her medication?

The reason I feel like this information is important is because BNN alluded to the fact that a "journalist" helped Lisa. Did this supposed "journalist" do so because he knew it would produce a story? I'm sure this "journalist" expected Lisa to OD, therefor creating an even larger story: Croslin Mother Died From Overdose!
Or: Croslin Mother Arrested For Selling Own Prescription!

Does everyone see where I'm going with this?

Also, Xanax is a Benzodiazapine, which is detected in urine tests. However, the amount is not. In order for that to be done, the urine would have to be sent out and analyzed and/or blood taken and analyzed. I'm sure the hospital did a basic test, especially if she admitted to having the Xanax in her system. But, measuring the amount is not something that is commonly done, especially for someone with no insurance and because she admitted she was taking it.

According to BNN she was given 90 pills and only 17 were left in the bottle. If this person did, in fact, steal her medication, was this person arrested for theft? Was this person arrested for assault? Why was Lisa kicked out of the shelter if she was the victim?

IMO, this "journalist" knew how to get Lisa trapped to produce a story. I feel bad for Lisa. Her kids are in jail, her one son refuses to return to FL, she's probably stuck here, and the one person who has taken care of her (Hank) is locked up, too. She's probably very trusting of certain people because they "helped" her in the past and she felt like she could rely on them again.

As far as BNN, I'm not surprised at their "reporting". It's basically a bunch of people who volunteer their time to write these articles. They need to fluff it up so people think that the truth is actually being reported. It's a gossip rag much like The Enquirer or News Of The World. Sometimes I half expect to see "Large Green Alien Lands in Missouri, Takes Town Hostage With Jesus!"....I'm just sayin'.
I am, however, a bit disappointed that TJ Hart would align himself with such an outlandish news website. He works for a real news station, so why taint his reputation with these people? I don't have the answer, it's a rhetorical question, really.

I am very much looking forward to a police report about what happened to Lisa. I would like to separate fact from fiction, especially because I'm tired of the BS with the lackadaisical reporting of facts....not pointing the finger at Levi, but just saying in general.

Whatever happened to journalistic integrity? How can these "journalists" sleep at night knowing that they completely fabricated a story that could potentially ruin someone?

IMO, the key word here is "journalist" and I believe both stories are from "bloggers" more so then "journalists". :crazy:

Its sad that Lisa health is being discussed, because really, who cares?

I know shes an addict, I know she needs help, but she didn't steal Haleigh or hurt her, I think it is a fact that she was at the hospital with her husband when the child disappeared.

It makes me sick BNN used this story to feed salacious gossip and used the pretense well, its all related to Haleigh. Well, it really isn't. People should be focused as hard on Feb 9, 2009, as they are for updates about Lisas health status.

Why would an emergency room take a drug test from Lisa if she'd been assaulted? That doesn't make any sense. I think it's a shame she's toothless and that she has to be away from her longtime husband, but don't really feel sorry for anyone addicted to anything and raised their kids while abusing drugs. Children raised in that environment are neglected and abused. Exposure in the womb to drugs can cause symptoms identical to fetal alcohol syndrome and that can include learning disabilities and acting out sexually with other kids. It also can cause the kids to start doing drugs themselves very young. All these things are said to have happened to Lisa's kids and there's also a toddler missing. Anyone who does that to kids should be in prison for life IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back