786 users online (111 members and 675 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Jonathan, 8, & Mario Mordoche, 11, & Yakelin Llanes, 29, Miami, 28 Aug 1999

The Doe Network:
    Case File 4242DMFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4242dmfl.html

Jonathan Mordoche
    Missing since August 28, 1999 from Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida
    Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 25, 1991
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'7-4'8"; 85-90 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Jonathan was last seen with his mother, Yakelin Llanes, and brother, Mario in Homestead. They were planning to travel to Tampa, FL to visit the boys father, and never arrived.
    They may have been traveling in a brown 99 Chevy Malibu, rental car with Florida tag 6H830M.
    When relatives had not heard from the family for two weeks, they reported them as missing.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Miami-Dade County Police Department
    305-418-7200

Source Information:
    FDLE
    Florida Clearinghouse
    Sarasota Herald - Sep 29, 1999

__________________________________________________ __

The Doe Network:
    Case File 4243DMFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4243dmfl.html

Mario Antonio Mordoche

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 3, 1987
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0-5'4"; 100 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.

Mario was last seen with his mother, Yakelin Llanes, and brother, Jonathan in Homestead. They were planning to travel to Tampa, FL to visit the boys father, and never arrived.
    They may have been traveling in a brown 99 Chevy Malibu, rental car with Florida tag 6H830M.
    When relatives had not heard from the family for two weeks, they reported them as missing.

Investigators

305-418-7200

Source Information:
    FDLE
    Florida Clearinghouse

__________________________________________________ ______

The Doe Network:
    Case File 2904DFFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2904dffl.html

Yakelin Llanes

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: January 26, 1970
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120-125 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Black hair; black eyes.

Yakelin was last seen with her sons, Jonathan and Mario in Homestead. They were planning to travel to Tampa, FL to visit the boys father, and never arrived.

Investigators

305-418-7200

Agency Case Number: 451304W

Source Information:
    FDLE
    Florida Clearinghouse

I don't find the boys or their Mother listed in NamUs at this time.

Jonathon:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._jonathan.html

Mario:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...che_mario.html

Yakelin:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_yakelin.html
    Note: No preparations of a trip seen in their apartment. Yakelin's toothbrush was left behind.

NOTE: This is not classified as a family abduction.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...n-llanes&hl=en
    29 SEP 99

They have been missing 11 years. Come home soon.

Pictures from left to right:
    Mario, Jonathon, Yakelin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guardians For The Missing focuses on south Florida cold cases. They are currently working on this case.

http://www.bocalifemagazine.com/feat...h-florida-cold

Yakelin Llanes and her two sons, Jonathan Mordoche and Mario Mordoche, have been missing since 1999. Llanes’ vehicle has never been recovered, leading McManus to believe they are in a body of water.
    Alison McManus helped create the organization. Her nephew went missing in November of 2005 and the family had to conduct their own searches for him. Six months later, they found him at the bottom of a canal that was located less than half a mile from where he was last seen. During these searches, they found many cars submerged under water.

Mother, Two Sons Missing Since Trip - 1999 Article

NamUs - Jonathan

NamUs - Mario

NamUs - Yakelin

The canal theory came to mind when I saw this thread. There was a case where a mother and her children disappeared while on the way back from Miami area to Tampa Bay decades ago and they where found in a canal a few years back. So sad how many cars are probably in those canals.

Edit- I found the story http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...a-police-bones
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    The canal theory came to mind when I saw this thread. There was a case where a mother and her children disappeared while on the way back from Miami area to Tampa Bay decades ago and they where found in a canal a few years back. So sad how many cars are probably in those canals.

Edit- I found the story http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...a-police-bones
    Thank you for that story. I believe you wrote on another thread that "Florida takes a long time to give back their dead" or something along those lines. Whenever I read about a missing person in Florida, that line always enters my mind and it's unfortunately very accurate.

Yakelin and her children were driving to Tampa from Miami. I'm not familiar with Florida geography but I'm guessing this leaves open a lot of possibilities on where they could be. Assuming they are deceased and their fate was accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeWillBeServed View Post
    Thank you for that story. I believe you wrote on another thread that "Florida takes a long time to give back their dead" or something along those lines. Whenever I read about a missing person in Florida, that line always enters my mind and it's unfortunately very accurate.

Yakelin and her children were driving to Tampa from Miami. I'm not familiar with Florida geography but I'm guessing this leaves open a lot of possibilities on where they could be. Assuming they are deceased and their fate was accidental.
    There are so many canals and lakes in Florida that I can see the accident scenario on many missing persons cases over the decades. I'm sure other states have their specific topography which can be perilous too. For example the vast Rocky Mountains as well as the deserts and mountains in California and Nevada to name a few.

It is sad that families can't be sure if their loved ones are out there alive, in a canal or other body of water, or truly victims of some psychopath. It's even sadder that sometimes these disappearances that result in death via waterways could possibly be avoided with Florida putting up some guard rails or barriers along Tamiami Trail and Alligator Alley where many of the canals are.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.