Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1712DMFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1712dmfl.html

Paul James Charapko
Missing since August 28, 1975 from Miami Springs, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: October 9, 1951
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 200 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Fused right ankle from automobile accident.
•Medical Conditions: Several mental conditions; suicidal.
•Dentals: Available
•Other: Fingerprints and DNA available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Paul was en route to a doctor's appointment in his sister's car and he asked her to pull over. She did, and he got out and walked away and was never seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Miami Springs Police Department
Lt. Michael R. Cole
305-887-1444 Ext. 1122
Email

Agency Case Number: 75-6092

NCIC Number: M-584159999
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
North American Missing Persons Network

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/charapko_paul.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4392/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Available will be entered later
DNA: Sample submitted-testing complete
Fingerprints: Available elsewhere

No archived articles at this time.

Paul has been missing 35 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• PJCharapko.bmp
    68.6 KB · Views: 5
  • PJCharapko1.bmp
    51 KB · Views: 3
I worked this case when I was with the Miami Springs Police Department. If anyone has any further information you can reach me at the following phone number:

754-300-9901

Michael R. Cole
Lieutenant Retired

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP4392James Paul Charapko,
Male, White / Caucasian

Date of Last ContactAugust 28, 1975
Missing FromMiami Springs, Florida

Bumping

Did he have a history of mental illness that something spooked him? Afraid of doctors? In pain and unable to control it?

Oh, ok I see he was suicidal. But why? Despondent over a failed relationship? Frustrated over a failed military career?
Paul James Charapko

According to reports, Paul Charapko may have suffered from mental illness. Paul was previously discharged from the U.S. Army after attempting suicide.

Read more: Paul James Charapko

[QUOTE = "Sleuthster, post: 12845713, member: 3480"] Es bastante extraordinario cómo un hombre va camino a una cita con el médico y le pide a su hermana que se detenga y se aleja hacia un vacío para no ser visto nunca más. Si mi hermano hubiera hecho esto, lo habría seguido o al menos le habría preguntado por qué y adónde iba. [/ CITA]
thats right

It is rather extraordinary how a man is on his way to a doctor appt and he asks his sister to pull over and walks off into some void never to be seen again. If my brother did this I would have followed him or at least asked why and where he was going.

I know this comment is a few years old, but my thought would be a guy asking to do this had to pee, and went off behind a tree, etc out of sight. This would also explain why she wouldn't have followed him.

Not sure if this fits the area where he disappeared in 1975, but it is what came to my mind.

If he had mental health issues, he could have been genuinely afraid of the doctors appointment. Depressed people can be fearful and paranoid. Maybe he thought they were going to lock him up, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back