LA LA - Adam Breaux, 50, Houma, 28 Aug 1991

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1358DMLA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1358dmla.html

Adam John Breaux
Missing since August 28, 1991 from Houma, Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: January 14, 1941
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 50 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 150 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Light complexion. Glasses with square gold frames (wears occasionally).
•Marks, Scars: Small, light birthmark on knee, scar on left eyebrow.
•Clothing/Jewelry: White long sleeved shirt, tie, slacks. Gold watch.
•AKA: A.J.
•Medical: Recovering alcoholic
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: mtDNA available in CODIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Adam was last seen after 22:00 in the vicinity of the 120 block of Bernard St. in Houma, LA. His silver, four door, 1988 Ford Tempo was later located abandoned across the street from where he was last seen. Adam's wallet and checkbook were found locked inside the vehicle. The car was low on gas, although he bought $10. worth of gas hours before he was last seen.

On August 12, 1998, he was declared officially dead so the family could take care of his finances.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Houma Police Department
LT Jude McElroy #147
985-873-6371

Agency Case Number: 08-2023-91

NCIC Number: M-513376645
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing Adults
Houma Today
Unsolved Mysteries

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/526
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted-tests complete
Fingerprints: NA

snipped from case report on NamUs:
Circumstances Adam was last seen after 10:00pm in the vicinity of the 120 block of Bernard St. in Houma, LA. His silver, four door, 1988 Ford Tempo was later located abandoned across the street from where he was last seen. Adam's wallet and checkbook were found locked inside the vehicle.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/breaux_adam.html
More details of circumstances at Charley Project.

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=285.0
Thread with copy and pasted articles I could not find in archives.

AJ has been missing 19 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• AJBreaux.bmp
    47.5 KB · Views: 6
  • AJBreaux1.jpg
    AJBreaux1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 51
  • AJBreaux2.bmp
    52.8 KB · Views: 5
http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20140201/ARTICLES/140209983/1211/NEWS01?Title=-Daughters-cling-to-hope-for-father-missing-22-years#gsc.tab=0

Breaux, a salesman at the Earl Williams men's clothing store in downtown Houma, vanished Aug. 28, 1991, following an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at the Easy Does It Club on Bernard Street, near the Southern Oaks Country Club.

At the time he was 50 years old and had been sober for eight years...

His daughters are sure their father, who held down the same job for more than three decades and was heavily involved in the community and committed to his family, didn't just up and leave on his own.

Christmastime is bittersweet reminder for family of missing Houma man

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20151222/ARTICLES/151229903

Many consider Christmas a time of family reunion. But for A.J. Breaux’s three daughters, it is another bittersweet reminder that their father may not be coming home.

“Christmas is the hardest time,” said Breaux’s eldest daughter Melissa Tardo. “It’s the end of the year, and we’re reminding people that he’s still missing and we still don’t have the answers that we’re looking for. He was very, very into Christmas time.”

For the last 24 years, Houma Police detectives have put out a missing persons notice to remember the day that he disappeared, and each year Breaux’s daughters renew their hopes of finding out what happened to their beloved father.

“It could be one little small thing that you may think has absolutely nothing to do with it, and that could be the answer right there,” said Breaux’s youngest daughter Monica Larpenter, 45. “Nothing is ever just small.”

Legally declared dead in 1998, Breaux would have turned 75 this on Jan. 14. Once Aug. 28 comes around again, it will have been 25 years since he disappeared, his daughters said.

Daughters seek answers 26 years after father’s disappearance

http://www.houmatoday.com/news/20170827/daughters-seek-answers-26-years-after-fathers-disappearance

Twenty-six years of searching. Twenty-six years of waiting. Twenty-six years of speculating and hoping. Twenty-six years of dead ends. Twenty-six years of soul-crushing disappointment. But the indefatigable search goes on.

Although their resolve to find answers has not diminished in the three decades since their father’s disappearance, the three sisters have grown weary of yet another passing of Aug. 28 without any answers.

After countless interviews with police, multiple interviews with the media, endless searches that took them through woods, water and ditches, after blanketing Houma with fliers and even consulting with a psychic, the daughters are no closer to finding their father since the day he vanished.

When frustration sets in, Monica Larpenter always looks to a photo of her father to rekindle her determination to solve the mystery that has consumed her life.

Sad, yet fascinating article.

It makes me wonder if LE was able to track anyone that was a customer of the shop? Or one of the AA members? Or can LE actually obtain that information from AA?

And a line I am becoming familiar with:

Police found his car within hours. There was no evidence of foul play. No arrests have ever been made.

1991. Did they collect DNA back then, when going over the car? Did they go over the car? Do they still have it?

The earlier Charley Project link doesn't work anymore.

Adam John Breaux – The Charley Project

Updated 9 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 2, 2021; age-progression added, details of disappearance updated.

A witness who knew Breaux reported seeing him on the same day his car was found. He didn't realize Breaux was listed as a missing person. He said Breaux was unkempt and dressed in old, badly fitting clothing, which is uncharacteristic of him, and he appeared to be nervous. He may have been accompanied by three men in a red compact car. Another witness also claimed to have seen Breaux in a red compact car with three males.

If you look at the Todmotor doe out of Nevada and see that the identification is stolen and look at the description of him. Than than also put into account that this perso. Went to great lengths to cover his identity however the scar and birthmark and other details would suggest this is Aj Breaux

The disappearance of A.J. Breaux is an especially sad case because of the family he left behind (three daughters). Also, he was obviously well-liked by many in the town he lived in, was a fixture in the community/ran a well-known business (clothing store), etc.

Even if Breaux had an relapse back into alcoholism & didn't want to show his face around town/his family anymore, I don't think things would have played out the way they did here. And, I do believe he would have gotten into contact with his family at some point - but he never did.

I.e., the last time Breaux was seen by anyone (prior to his car being found abandoned near that park) was the store clerk that saw him buying milk one night while on the way home. So, what happened between the store & his car being found soon after?!

Maybe he was being black-mailed for some reason, or else was kidnapped/accosted by those who wanted to extort money from him.

Re: the several "sightings" of him after he supposedly vanished:

I do believe these two sightings: Outside of the gas station/convenience store nervously talking on a pay phone while 2-3 guys waited for him in a car, and the other sighting of him being seen driving in a car with several others (by the older guy getting his mail). These two who saw Breaux had known him for a long time, and so I don't believe that they were mistaken when they said they recognized him.

However, I don't put a lot of credence in the woman sitting outside on her porch - that lived in a community that was a distance away from Houma, LA (where AJ was located). She said that a disheveled, dirty guy drove up to her & tried to sell her frozen fish in a bag, and that it was Breaux. Though I believe this did happen, I don't think this was AJ Breaux. She didn't know him & did seem somewhat unsure when looking at his photographs. Maybe the fish salesman resembled Breaux, but I don't think it was him. Sounds like another red herring to me - pun not intended.

Re: the hand-written note about Breaux dying while on a drinking binge & his body thrown in a lake, I think this was a prank/hoax (as was mentioned in the UM segment).

I doubt he's still alive at this point.

If you look at the Todmotor doe out of Nevada and see that the identification is stolen and look at the description of him. Than than also put into account that this perso. Went to great lengths to cover his identity however the scar and birthmark and other details would suggest this is Aj Breaux

Could you please provide a link to a listing of this John Doe in Nevada? Or at least a date when he was found? I'm trying to figure out which one you're referring to. There are so many in Nevada between 1991 and now, unfortunately. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back