1593 users online (328 members and 1265 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Andrew Boyd, 6 wks, beaten to death, mom charged, 14 July 2010

I haven't been to WS for awhile, and didn't see this posted..

HUNTINGDON - A 6-week-old baby died last month as the result of a homicide, Huntingdon County Deputy Coroner Timothy Skipper has ruled.

Andrew Konner Boyd of Smithfield Township was found dead in his bassinet July 14 by his mother, authorities said.

Andrew died from blunt force trauma to the abdomen, resulting in major blood loss, the autopsy report stated. He had skull and arm fractures and lacerations to his liver, spleen and small intestine. Alcohol was also present in Andrew's system.

No arrests have been made.

Cont'd

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/co...e.html?nav=742

Good Lord! Snipped from the same article:

Toxicology tests uncovered the presence of alcohol in Andrew's system. His blood-alcohol level was 0.036 percent, the report stated. It wasn't known from the report how the alcohol got into his system.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Another helpless baby dies at the hands of those who are supposed to protect him.......

Mother? Babysitter?........

So sad and I run out of things to say.
    [/I]

Wow. This is one town over from me...really hits home. Sounds to me like mom came home drunk in the middle of the night......

No doubt "because the baby wouldn't sleep and was crying," right? Make a call...leave the room...punch a pillow...scream into the freezer...do something, anything but this!!

People who can't tolerate a mere six weeks of normal baby behavior, let alone a lifetime of raising and caring for a human being should not consider being parents in the first place. Poor wee one.

Sick, sick, sick! Please let there be justice for this baby!

http://www.timesleader.com/AbingtonJ...icleID=5202046

I'm personally thinking mother

Authorities say the woman had left the boy with a sitter the night before, fed him after she returned home about 3 a.m. and found him dead later that afternoon

this is my home town.

from the article she went 9hrs w/ out checking on her baby?

She had posted the following on her facebook page
    "Maria Boyd Would never in her lifetime wish this type of hurt upon anyone RIP andrew mommy misses u little guy RIP pap carper u take care of my little man for me ... jordyn and khar can't wait til u comr home" jordyn and kharleigh are her other children i believe 2 and 4 yrs old.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?v=info&ref=ts

I think alot of ppl are adding her to see the only 4 pics she has of this baby boy and to see if she says anything. But has not posted anything since 8/21

It is def sickening and has shaken the entire community and surrounding. Makes me sick and ask how and why...I hope the truth is found and justice is served..of course it will never be enough.

there were three ppl home during the time frame that this child was killed..mom, dad, and sitter. I was thinking from the injuries that maybe he was dropped? but for the life of me can't fathom on how the alcohol got into his system.

And I know her other two children were taken away directly after Andrew's death.

wow, it's only been 4 years, what's another delay? sheesh! Thinking of all this little boy could have done and been by now... justice is coming though...
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

What in the flyin fk???? Today has been just a wt-f day on websleuths for me. Unfreakingbelievable.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Currently Awaiting Upper Court, Non-Jury Trial on June 30, 2015

Maria Coleen Boyd, 26 - For Homicide - Huntingdon Cnty., 14 July 2010

Huntingdon County is in South-Western, PA.

Your One-Click, Per Defendant, Source* Of Upper Court:

All ChargeS --- No Bail --- Pre-Trial Confinement --- MotionS --- Scheduled Court DateS

Verdicts --- Sentencing --- Payments --- Follow-Up --- Appeals

*Upper Court Criminal Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0000466-2012 :

Charges:

18 § 2501 §§ A (H1) :: Criminal Homicide

18 § 2502 §§ A (H1) :: First Degree Murder

*"Recent Entries made in the Court Filing Offices may not be
    immediately reflected on these Docket Sheets..."

*Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail.

Our Support to All Innocent Little Ones.

June 8, 2015:

It's been 5 years since a 6 week old baby was found dead inside a Huntingdon County home. Now his mother Maria Boyd faces murder charges in a court. This case has taken five years to get to this point. First Responders are giving us an idea of what it was like in the Boyd home when little Andrew was pronounced dead. At times frantic, at times calm and flat. That is how First Responders describe the demeanor of Maria Boyd on July 14, 2010 the day her infant son died.

One witness testifying that she fell to the floor sobbing when she received the news. Court began Monday morning with the recording of the 911 call Maria Boyd made July 14, 2010. In it you hear her say something isn't right his eyes are rolled back into his head and he is purple. Referring to her infant son.
    In the opening statements the Defense maintains that 3 people in addition to Boyd had access to the child.
    The trial is expected to be pretty lengthy because a witness for the Defense, a Medical Doctor is not available take the stand until June 25th so a verdict wil not be reached until that witness is heard from.

http://www.fox8tv.com/News/NewsDetails.asp?NewsID=17503

June 9 2015:

Day two was pretty emotional as graphic photos of the baby’s injuries were entered into evidence as well as a detailed account of what may have happened to the child on July 14, 2010.

A baby doll was used to show the court where the doctor found injuries on the baby’s body. The doctor testified that the autopsy showed spiral fractures to the left arm, a hemorrhage to the abdomen and a fractured skull.

The doctor testified that “a significant amount of force was applied to this 6-week-old” and that the infant was probably knocked unconscious. The doctor testified that in his opinion, the baby was most likely picked up by his arm and thrown, but he cannot say for certain if that’s what happened.

Court will resume Wednesday with the child’s babysitter. She’s expected to take the stand and was one of the last people to see the child alive.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/features/...-son-180.shtml

The msm trail stops there. Is it because she waived trial by jury? I see that it's scheduled to resume June 29 (thanks for the link). So does it now start all over again?

ETA: https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0000466-2012
    Last edited by MsMarple; 06-28-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast