Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

Hybrid View

Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

Quote Originally Posted by nums24 View Post
    Records Shed Light On Casey's Latest Jail Visitors
    Ocala Lawyer Pays A Visit, Renowned For Cross-Examination, Other Lawyers Say

http://www.wesh.com/r/24774586/detail.html

<snipped>

Casey Anthony recently got a jailhouse visit from an attorney renowned for her cross-examination of medical experts, jail records show.
    Interesting. Yet another lawyer willing to attach themselves this case...I wonder if they are force fed the Casey koolaid before agreeing to sign on.

Her name is Dorothy Clay Sims, and Mason believes if there's holes in the medical stuff, she'll find them.

I wonder what happens if there are no holes for her to find? What do you guys think of this latest addition to the dream team?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Interesting. Yet another lawyer willing to attach themselves this case...I wonder if they are force fed the Casey koolaid before agreeing to sign on.

Her name is Dorothy Clay Sims, and Mason believes if there's holes in the medical stuff, she'll find them.

I wonder what happens if there are no holes for her to find? What do you guys think of this latest addition to the dream team?
    I thought KC already had a female lawyer for the cross examination...Ms Baden? Has she quit
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

3. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    I thought KC already had a female lawyer for the cross examination...Ms Baden? Has she quit
    Huh, that is a dang good question - maybe she's getting ready to leave and this new lawyer is going to take over? I so KNEW she would if that's what is happening!

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

I thought the same thing. LKB was supposed to be the one to attack the state's scientific evidence. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Very good point!

As well as being a well-known cross examining lawyer, she is also specializes in forensic cross examinations...after all her husband is a famous forensic pathologist that often testifies in high profile cases (Phil Spector trial).

It does sound like she is out as well.
    It's the journey, not the destination.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:

Ms Sims is working pro bono and she questions medical experts. Ms. Baden deals with forensics. The addition of Ms. Sims tells me that the defense believes that Anthony will be found guilty and the question will be the penalty.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jagstop For This Useful Post:

Wish I had time to research her...gotta go do some payroll checks for a client, then walk the dog. But thanks for posting this & I'll certainly check back later to see what y'all have found out.

I will say, though, that of course JB & Co are going to get anyone that will agree to try to disprove/agrue the State's side of everything they can.
    Did you know that "Dammit, I'm mad" spelled backwards is "Dammit I'm mad" - well, I still am!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Itsy For This Useful Post:

--------------------------
    With Dr.G. handling the autopsy I doubt a problem.If you've ever watched her you know she leaves no stone unturned,even in the toughest cases.Yes I wonder what happened to LKB..How long will this one last?
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

These lawyers are like ants at a picnic...they just keep coming!
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

the ants are marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! Sorry, for some reason that song has been running around in my head today
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Macushla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    the ants are marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! Sorry, for some reason that song has been running around in my head today
    And in my head "the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out"!

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ks1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ks1 View Post
    And in my head "the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out"!
    I guess I am a cruel person b/c I have wished since the beginning that this song would be played on loud speaker at the Anthony home & I wish it were piped into KC's cell.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LeLe1953 For This Useful Post:

JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

I always hear the song by 3 dog night "LIAR".....
    jmo

25. The Following User Says Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

Just makes me wonder whether there should be laws around how many lawyers an indigent client should be allowed to retain...

27. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to njustice For This Useful Post:

The image I get is more like flies on s..... er, manure.
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:

Notice of New Co-Counsel

Short and sweet: "I'm here."
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Notice of New Co-Counsel

Short and sweet: "I'm here."

BBM

AND........the defense has "tied me up" so the State of Florida can NOT consult with me. AL is familiar with that move. Just saying.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Exposing-Deceptive-Defense-Doctors-Dorothy/dp/1580121322"]http://www.amazon.com/Exposing-Deceptive-Defense-Doctors-Dorothy/dp/1580121322[/ame]

http://ocalaw.com/bio/dcs.php All quotes below with credit to website listed.
    Dorothy began publishing on the subject in various state and national legal journals. She has lectured extensively on medical/legal issues with focus on direct and cross-examination of medical experts hired by the defense. She has lectured throughout the U.S., Canada, Japan and India on legal/psychiatric issues giving over 300 speeches to doctors and lawyers.

She also conferences with lawyers on an individual basis in areas involving various methods used by defense experts. Topics include medical/legal aspects of various medical and psychiatric conditions and common tactics used by the defense to avoid diagnosis and causation. This includes determining when DME's have misrepresented psychological and neuropsychological data.

In some cases, with proper notice, she is available to instant message suggested questions to lead counsel as he or she conducts the cross examination in real time while Dorothy listens to the testimony of the defense expert.

Dorothy Sims flew to D.C. to meet with the president of the National Organization for Women to discuss the misuse of certain psychological tests when applied to women
    Last edited by sleutherontheside; 09-08-2010 at 09:30 PM.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    With Dr.G. handling the autopsy I doubt a problem.If you've ever watched her you know she leaves no stone unturned,even in the toughest cases.Yes I wonder what happened to LKB..How long will this one last?
    I used to watch her show before they moved it from TLC to another cable channel that I don't get - really miss watching her; she's the epitome of professionalism. I agree the defense will have a hard time disputing her findings.
    Did you know that "Dammit, I'm mad" spelled backwards is "Dammit I'm mad" - well, I still am!

35. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Itsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Itsy View Post
    I used to watch her show before they moved it from TLC to another cable channel that I don't get - really miss watching her; she's the epitome of professionalism. I agree the defense will have a hard time disputing her findings.
    Not to get OT but I LOVE Dr. G. Watch her every Monday night. I often wonder if she'll do a CA case when the trial is over (probably not though) - but it would be a very good watch.

MOO

Mel

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    I was so glad to know Dr G was handling Caylee's autopsy - she is fair, plays it straight and knows where to find answers that someone else could just leave "unk" or "natural/unnatural causes", when it could be something more sinister. It's almost like she is able to get inside the remains and tells their story.

With all the lies from the camp, that should want the truth, more than anyone on the planet - Caylee needed Dr G. We are lucky to have her.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    I was so glad to know Dr G was handling Caylee's autopsy - she is fair, plays it straight and knows where to find answers that someone else could just leave "unk" or "natural/unnatural causes", when it could be something more sinister. It's almost like she is able to get inside the remains and tells their story.

With all the lies from the camp, that should want the truth, more than anyone on the planet - Caylee needed Dr G. We are lucky to have her.
    -------------
    I will never forget Dr.G. saying she is the voice for the children.
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Yep, I bet any day now we're going to hear LKB left. They cannot justify having two lawyers doing the same thing and expect to get payment for both. Ain't gonna happen. I'm going to love seeing them try to justify it in from of HHJP, though.

And geesh, how many lawyers are needed on one case? And what could possibly keep attracting lawyers to this one? That might deserve it's own thread, lol.

43. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Reagan is offline How does it feel to be a liar with pants constantly on fire?!

And geesh, how many lawyers are needed on one case? And what could possibly keep attracting lawyers to this one? That might deserve it's own thread, lol.
    Snipped

My thoughts exactly! I actually said "geesh" too, then came across your post.

Why does this low-life nobody, this waste of space have the privilege of having all these lawyers?

If any of us were in legal trouble, we would have no choice but to have our one court appointed attorney.

It's infuriating.
    There is no justice in this system.

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Reagan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    Snipped

My thoughts exactly! I actually said "geesh" too, then came across your post.

Why does this low-life nobody, this waste of space have the privilege of having all these lawyers?

If any of us were in legal trouble, we would have no choice but to have our one court appointed attorney.

It's infuriating.
    ITA - Next up will be an attorney that will be deemed co-counsel limited to picking out KC's clothes.....

O/T - the 2 pictures on the bottom are priceless - bravo!

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Openmyeyes For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast