Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

Aedrys

If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
Reaction score
Records Shed Light On Casey's Latest Jail Visitors
Ocala Lawyer Pays A Visit, Renowned For Cross-Examination, Other Lawyers Say

http://www.wesh.com/r/24774586/detail.html

<snipped>

Casey Anthony recently got a jailhouse visit from an attorney renowned for her cross-examination of medical experts, jail records show.

Interesting. Yet another lawyer willing to attach themselves this case...I wonder if they are force fed the Casey koolaid before agreeing to sign on.

Her name is Dorothy Clay Sims, and Mason believes if there's holes in the medical stuff, she'll find them.

I wonder what happens if there are no holes for her to find? What do you guys think of this latest addition to the dream team?

Interesting. Yet another lawyer willing to attach themselves this case...I wonder if they are force fed the Casey koolaid before agreeing to sign on.

Her name is Dorothy Clay Sims, and Mason believes if there's holes in the medical stuff, she'll find them.

I wonder what happens if there are no holes for her to find? What do you guys think of this latest addition to the dream team?

I thought KC already had a female lawyer for the cross examination...Ms Baden? Has she quit

I thought KC already had a female lawyer for the cross examination...Ms Baden? Has she quit

Huh, that is a dang good question - maybe she's getting ready to leave and this new lawyer is going to take over? I so KNEW she would if that's what is happening!

Wish I had time to research her...gotta go do some payroll checks for a client, then walk the dog. But thanks for posting this & I'll certainly check back later to see what y'all have found out. :)

I will say, though, that of course JB & Co are going to get anyone that will agree to try to disprove/agrue the State's side of everything they can.

--------------------------
With Dr.G. handling the autopsy I doubt a problem.If you've ever watched her you know she leaves no stone unturned,even in the toughest cases.Yes I wonder what happened to LKB..How long will this one last?

These lawyers are like ants at a picnic...they just keep coming! :)

Yep, I bet any day now we're going to hear LKB left. They cannot justify having two lawyers doing the same thing and expect to get payment for both. Ain't gonna happen. I'm going to love seeing them try to justify it in from of HHJP, though.

And geesh, how many lawyers are needed on one case? And what could possibly keep attracting lawyers to this one? That might deserve it's own thread, lol.

Do we know for sure Ms. Sims is taking KC on as a client? The article just says that Dorothy Sims visited KC in jail, which of course, we already knew.

I thought the same thing. LKB was supposed to be the one to attack the state's scientific evidence. :waitasec: MOO

Do we know for sure Ms. Sims is taking KC on as a client? The article just says that Dorothy Sims visited KC in jail, which of course, we already knew.

This is all I know......

Anthony recently got a jailhouse visit from an attorney renowned for her cross-examination of medical experts, jail records show.

Ocala attorney Dorothy Clay Sims visited Anthony in jail on July 30 for about an hour and a half.
Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby said Sims is well known for her grasp of issues related to medical expert testimony, which could be a valuable asset to Anthony’s defense team.
“If there are any holes in the autopsy, holes in the evidence, she will expose them,” Hornsby said.

I just want to know how many lawyers the JAC allows the perp.

--------------------------
With Dr.G. handling the autopsy I doubt a problem.If you've ever watched her you know she leaves no stone unturned,even in the toughest cases.Yes I wonder what happened to LKB..How long will this one last?

I used to watch her show before they moved it from TLC to another cable channel that I don't get - really miss watching her; she's the epitome of professionalism. I agree the defense will have a hard time disputing her findings.

If she was indeed a new member of the team she would have to file a Notice of Appearance, wouldn't she? Has that been done?

If she was indeed a new member of the team she would have to file a Notice of Appearance, wouldn't she? Has that been done?

I would think so. But the defense is supposed to be a secret! Baez has to be so mad that this new lawyer has been uncovered because of those darn cocoa and crackers snack list!

We'll probably see a notice at 4:59pm tomorrow, just you wait.

So in other words, we're going to be treated to another OJ defense - no actual defense, no alibi, no explanation - just trying to convince the jury that the evidence is faulty, people are out to get the client, etc. Unbelievable and absolutely disgusting. Let's pray for a jury with common sense and let's hope Baez will be running the show...

So in other words, we're going to be treated to another OJ defense - no actual defense, no alibi, no explanation - just trying to convince the jury that the evidence is faulty, people are out to get the client, etc. Unbelievable and absolutely disgusting. Let's pray for a jury with common sense and let's hope Baez will be running the show...

If Baez is running the show the jury could consist of First Graders and they would see the light.

the ants are marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! Sorry, for some reason that song has been running around in my head today :)

Just makes me wonder whether there should be laws around how many lawyers an indigent client should be allowed to retain...

the ants are marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! Sorry, for some reason that song has been running around in my head today :)

And in my head "the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back