Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1224DMTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1224dmtx.html

Gary Wayne Dover
Missing since August 29, 1981 from Denton, Denton County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: January 10, 1950
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 10"; 140 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blue eyes; dark brown hair. Had been prescribed glasses but rarely wore them.
•Marks, Scars: Scar on chin, scar right forearm, scar on left leg near the knee from a bullet wound. Bullet was never removed. No known tattoos.
•Clothing: He always wore cowboy boots. Not believed to wear any jewelry including watches.
•DNA: Available
•Fingerprints: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dover was last seen in Denton, TX on August 29, 1981. His vehicle was found a couple of days later in a grocery store parking lot with the keys inside. Foul play possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Denton Police Department
940-349-7921
--
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
512-424-5074

Agency Case Number: 117618

NCIC Number: M-083110192
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M6/16/20057:23:42AM'

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dover_gary.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5094/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: Sample submitted-tests complete
Fingerprints: Available elsewhere

snipped from NamUs case report:
Circumstances Gary was last seen on 8/29/81. His vehicle was found a couple of days later in a grocery store parking lot with the keys inside. Gary had a scar on his chin, scar on right arm, scar on left leg near the knee from a bullet wound. Bullet was never removed. X-Ray exists for leg wound.

No archived articles for Gary at this time.

Gary has been missing 29 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• GWDover.bmp
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

R/O

upload_2019-11-19_9-25-29.png

upload_2019-11-19_9-26-25.png

upload_2019-11-19_9-26-50.png

Last edited:
Any chance Gary Wayne is 17682? Really nothing on him except he was found floating in Trinity River, TX on September 12, 1981. 17682 has no exclusions so might be worth a shot.

Cases submitted to NamUs, and all investigating agencies.

For low quality photos, Gary Wayne Dover who went missing from Denton, Texas in 1981, and Boardman, OH's unidentified who was found in 1982 look strikingly like the same person. While Gary is listed as having blue eyes, and Boardman, OH's unidentified is listed as having hazel eyes, this is not uncommon. Personally, whenever I'm looking for someone with blue eyes, I always include grey, green, and hazel (and unknown, and other) eyes.

dover.jpg

(Note that there is no websleuths profile for the unidentified, and I didn't want to create it incorrectly.)

Gary Wayne Dover

Boardman, OH Unidentified

Last edited:
A missing man from Texas looks strikingly like their John Doe.

“Literally looks like the exact same person. So it kind there was no doubt in my mind when I saw it. I knew immediately that’s him,” said Melanie Porter of Texas.

Her uncle, Gary Wayne Dover, was last seen August 1981-- 1,200 miles away in Denton, Texas.

That’s one year before this John Doe was found dead in northeast Ohio.

Porter is Gary’s only living close relative.

“I was kind of shocked honestly. I was I just kind of, couldn’t believe, but then when he started telling me things I was like, you know, it kind of makes sense. Maybe he did just take off and go to start a new life,” Porter said

She was about eight years old when he went missing.

“He was just a nice guy. He really was a genuinely good person,” she said.

Gary was 31 and restored classic cars at the time.

Porter said their family always believed someone killed him.

“He had just finished a job. He had delivered that vehicle to somebody and had a large amount of cash with him and they found his vehicle, his truck running in a Kroger parking lot. The door was open and the wallet was in the seat, but there was no money in it,” she said.

Last edited:
A missing man from Texas looks strikingly like their John Doe.

“Literally looks like the exact same person. So it kind there was no doubt in my mind when I saw it. I knew immediately that’s him,” said Melanie Porter of Texas.

Her uncle, Gary Wayne Dover, was last seen August 1981-- 1,200 miles away in Denton, Texas.

That’s one year before this John Doe was found dead in northeast Ohio.

Porter is Gary’s only living close relative.

“I was kind of shocked honestly. I was I just kind of, couldn’t believe, but then when he started telling me things I was like, you know, it kind of makes sense. Maybe he did just take off and go to start a new life,” Porter said

She was about eight years old when he went missing.

“He was just a nice guy. He really was a genuinely good person,” she said.

Gary was 31 and restored classic cars at the time.

Porter said their family always believed someone killed him.

“He had just finished a job. He had delivered that vehicle to somebody and had a large amount of cash with him and they found his vehicle, his truck running in a Kroger parking lot. The door was open and the wallet was in the seat, but there was no money in it,” she said.

Thanks! This is the first time, I'm reading the article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back