PA Parents Sue Over Priest Impregnating Their Daughter

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
The Allentown Pa Archdiocese is being sued by parents of a teen girl who they say was impregnanted by a Priest.

I'm not trying to start a firestorm here. Just reporting something I heard on the news tonight.

The odd part is supposedly the parents taped the two having sex. Wha..Wha.........What?:eek:

http://www.wfmz.com/berksnews/24789813/detail.html

whoa...wait did they secretly videotape it to prove that he did that?

Well there goes their lawsuit:

According to the suit, the couple secretly videotaped the two having sex.

Unless this is some bad reporting, and much worse parenting. Did the couple videotape to catch them in the act? For money?

If so, shame on them. Instead of secretly videotaping them, how about secretly getting out a baseball bat!

They deserve no money, not one red cent. If this is how they raised their teenager, I feel incredibly sad for her.

:(

MOO

Mel

Secretly videotaped them? my hinky meter is flying.

We all know a DNA test will prove paternity. What was the need to video tape this?
I mean how exactly did the parents know just where and when to video tape this ?

Hmm we got a video tape now we want 50 grand? There is a little more going on here than someone in a position of trust taking advantage of a 17 yr old girl. I feel for her, sounds like more than one party is taking advantage of her.

jmo

This just in! Teen found at apartment with Priest her parents sued.

Stop it. People said the pair moved in together several months ago with the baby.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=244723

This ain't your mother's "Thornebird's" folks. I'm not being fresh. What is going on here? Are they all in on it? I thought the Archdiocese was being sued and not the individual?

Muhlenberg what's up?

O.K. let's get this straight or try to. This article states the female in question is no longer a minor. Father is 40 years old. The problem is that Father Luis Bonilla Margarito was the girl's chaplain back in High School. People or this person writing this has no problem with two consenting adults having sex. He's got a problem with how the matter was handled.

It appears they removed the Priest immediately after finding out and him admitting to the inappropriate relationship.

I'm a tad stuck on the parents and the video. I'm not excusing the man. Afterall he's a man. That in itself freaks me out he had this "relationship" with a young girl. Mel put it right. Tape? Ummmmmmmm, how about call the cops before you killed a man of the cloth?

http://smirkingchimp.com/thread/25750

Note I got this from a site called Smirking Chimp so well go figure. Admittedly I didn't read the entire slant. Father has an online profile from the old High School he ummmmm served but it was taking forever to load for me. He was 40 last year I guess then? Born in Puerto Rico and he names his parents. That's all I could see.

I feel for her, sounds like more than one party is taking advantage of her.

jmo

You got that right, Cubby. She's a kid. A young girl. This gave me a headache.

I dunno .. there are tons of teens out messing around.. the priest was in the wrong yes but why was he in the basement of the parents alone with this abused. child?? .. if the parents felt they were suspicious enough to tape them why leave them alone in the first place..if they had to work there should've been somone a female they could've gotten to supervise. her if they were that concerned... and why sue him?? she should be the one doing it.. something hinky this way comes imho

She is 19 with a 6 week old baby that he impregnated her with when she was 17? The math doesn't add up.

What proof is there they had sexual relations when she was a minor?

(from the smirkingchimp link above)

Well there goes their lawsuit:

According to the suit, the couple secretly videotaped the two having sex.

Unless this is some bad reporting, and much worse parenting. Did the couple videotape to catch them in the act? For money?

If so, shame on them. Instead of secretly videotaping them, how about secretly getting out a baseball bat!

They deserve no money, not one red cent. If this is how they raised their teenager, I feel incredibly sad for her.

:(

MOO

Mel

BBM

:clap:

Secretly videotaped them? my hinky meter is flying.

We all know a DNA test will prove paternity. What was the need to video tape this?
I mean how exactly did the parents know just where and when to video tape this ?

Hmm we got a video tape now we want 50 grand? There is a little more going on here than someone in a position of trust taking advantage of a 17 yr old girl. I feel for her, sounds like more than one party is taking advantage of her.

jmo

$50k is a light settlement for these types of cases IIRC. It seems they could get a lot more from the church for this. However, in the other article it says the baby was born to a 19 year old girl which would have made her 18 when she was impregnated and not a chargeable crime. The legal age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16 so even in 2008-2009 I don't think it was illegal. It seems the only thing this guy is really guilty of is being a majorly huge slimeball. It's unfortunate that no legal consequences can be handed out to him.

If the money is so damn important they should just sell the video to an internet *advertiser censored* site. They'd get a lot more than $50k for that and it seems their daughter is the lesser priority here. JMO

I think this was a total setup to profit from the Catholic scandal. How utterly despicable. They clearly were not concerned about their daughter having sex with the man or they would have been more worried about intervening than taping it. They should be ashamed to show their faces in public.

He's a slime ball for not first leaving the church if he couldn't adhere to his vows. But no more so imo than her parents for videotaping them in their basement. ESPECIALLY if she was of legal age at the time they were having sexual relations.

Now if indeed she was a minor when her parents videotaped this why did they wait over a year to bring the video to the attention of the media?

Imo, none of this would be a newsworthy issue IF he had left the priesthood prior to getting involved with her. Um.... there seems to be some possible criminal charges which could be brought against her parents IF in fact they had a video tape of this sexual abuse occuring in their home while their child was still a minor and they waited until now to bring this tape to the authorities.

Either way, is it legal to videotape your adult child having sexual relations in your home?

Is there any evidence they had sexual relations while she was a minor?
I really do not see any...... unless of course her parents taped that several years ago while she was a minor in which case BOTH the priest and this girls parents should be charged.

jmo

He's a slime ball for not first leaving the church if he couldn't adhere to his vows. But no more so imo than her parents for videotaping them in their basement. ESPECIALLY if she was of legal age at the time they were having sexual relations.

Now if indeed she was a minor when her parents videotaped this why did they wait over a year to bring the video to the attention of the media?

Imo, none of this would be a newsworthy issue IF he had left the priesthood prior to getting involved with her. Um.... there seems to be some possible criminal charges which could be brought against her parents IF in fact they had a video tape of this sexual abuse occuring in their home while their child was still a minor and they waited until now to bring this tape to the authorities.

Either way, is it legal to videotape your adult child having sexual relations in your home?

I really do not see any...... unless of course her parents taped that several years ago while she was a minor in which case BOTH the priest and this girls parents should be charged.

jmo

BBM

Good question. Is it possible that he could sue them for invasion of privacy? Since it was in their house I'd guess not, and I'd certainly hope not. This stinks in so many corners it's pathetic. :banghead:

jmo

ITA - I see no evidence that the girl was underage. I hope the parents are prosecuted for taping them having sex. Irregardless of whether the man was a priest, if they thought there was something untoward going on, they would have stopped it. Yet, they chose to videotape it. Typical gold diggers. Yes, the priest should have renounced his vows first, but if the girl was of the age of consent, then there is no reason for the church to entertain this lawsuit. It's a scam.

If the girl was a youth and they video taped sexual relationships with a priest knowingly....wouldn't that be producing and manufacturing child *advertiser censored*? Corruption of a minor.

Agree with those who have hinkey meter readings go off the charts.

And couldn't the parents get arrested? Addtionally if they knowingly had the young woman and this very "active" priest together would that not be assisting and aiding the abedding priest...jus saying. (pun intended).

Reverend Margarito has his face plastered on the front page of our always sensational Daily News here with that heading: UNHOLY COMMUNION

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20100828_Suit_says_priest_impregnated_teenager.html?cmpid=41144277

The girl's parents became suspicious and installed a camera in their basement, where the teen and Bonila were spending a large amount of time. Say what?:waitasec:

They are now living together in Norristown. Excellent. Yesterday an AP reporter knocked at the door and a woman answered, and she identified herself as the teen named in the lawsuit filed by her parents. She declined to comment and would not get Father to come to the door. :snooty:No kidding.

But and I say a huge but because you can always count on some neighbor diming you out or the maintainance man in this case. David Weldon said the couple moved in together two or three months ago, and the baby was born about six weeks ago. Dang, Mr. Weldon you keep a good calendar. He should have been in charge of watching out for the kid.

Bonilla was removed from his post folks after the parents took the tape to the Diocese Of Allentown. Blackmail anyone?:waitasec:

****The parents began to suspect a relationship. I use that word lightly. They reported their concerns to administrators at the High School and were told their suspicions were unfounded, and that nothing could be done to seperate the Priest and the teen because he was her spiritual advisor/and or counselor. RUFREAKINKIDDINME HERE? So, ummmmm ya still let the guy in your house?****

Somewhere in here it alleges this girl turned 18 and the Priest alienated her from her family. Grooming. He told her at 18 she no longer had to obey them.

More at link and the parents are alienated from their daughter.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20100828_Suit_says_priest_impregnated_teenager.html?cmpid=41144277

Sorry I posted the same link twice. The suit names as defendants the Priest, the diocese, the high school, Allentown Bishop John Barres, and former Bishop Edward Cullen.

From the second link in the previous post.

ALLENTOWN - A Pennsylvania couple secretly videotaped a Roman Catholic priest having sex with their 18-year-old daughter in the basement of their home and are now suing, saying he got her pregnant.

Ok, now these parents have videotaped their adult daughter who is not 17 but 18, clearly at the age of consent in their basement.

I hope this daughter sues the pants off her parents.

She is 18, a legal adult who can choose to have consentual sex with whomever she chooses.

And the rest of the article says that he was her spiritual counselor, she suffered from mental health issues and had previously been sexually abused by an adult man.

I'm not so sure she was 18 when they first had sex. She was 18 when they were video taped, but it doesn't say when the sex relationship started. Now, this man is 41, she is 19 - he is 22 years her senior. He was in a position of authority over her, and as her spiritual counselor, he should have had her best interests in mind.

Now she has given birth and told her parents to get away. I'm sure they were frustrated and fearful for their daughter and they are trying to win her back.

Maybe filing the suit was the only way to get everyone's attention?

Salem

ETA: the link: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20100828_Suit_says_priest_impregnated_teenager.html?cmpid=41144277

If she has mental health issues and her parents knew this, why did they then continue to seek spiritual counseling with him, especially being suspicious of his actions and knowing she was previously sexually abused?

Would the best course of action be to share a video tape of them to the church? or would their concerns be better suited by filing a civil action with the courts to have her declared unable to make reasonable adult decisions for herself?

Also, who made the determination she has mental health issues? Her parents? The Church? A licensed psychologist or psychiatrist?

I think overall there is a lot more to the story between these parents, their daughter, and their relationship with the church.

Perhaps this girl is a victim of both the priest AND her parents who sought poor avenues in which case an unbiased outside individual - outside of family and the church needs to step in and protect this girls best interests. She likely falls in that range outside of something like CPS which is available for minors and seniors. IIRC in PA this would be the case. I think... it was PA. I forget the details but recall doing some research a few years back. Maybe someone with a better idea of what I am recalling can help out.....

jmo

From the same link Salem posted above.

The parents are seeking punitive damages for breach of fiduciary duty, infliction of emotional distress, and gross negligence.

If the allegations of mental health issues are accurate I hope this judge intercedes for this girl.

If my child were sexually abused and had mental health issues the last thing I would be doing is seeking the above damages. Either a criminal act took place here or it did not. Why is this the avenue of 'help' these parents are choosing for their adult daughter?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back