792 users online (95 members and 697 guests)  

Websleuths News

Remains of Liverpool, NY soldier killed in Korean War found

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but it did make me smile and brought a tear to my eye. This man is finally returning home to be laid to rest with the rest of his family. I expect that this man will be getting the full parade and shown the respect that he deserves. (If not, I'll be standing on Main St alone holding my flag)

Remains of Liverpool soldier killed in Korean War found -- Syracuse.com

snip... more at the link about how he was found and identified.

A soldier from Liverpool is returning home 59 years after he was killed in the Korean War.

Army Cpl. Frank H. Smith was 23 when he was killed fighting communist forces on a hill near the 38th parallel on July 25, 1951. But his fellow soldiers were not able to recover his body because of intense fighting on the hill.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

Thank you so much for bringing this here...Frank is my Great-Uncle. Our family is so greatful to finally bring him home to rest. He was very loved and has been very missed for all of these years. They will definitely be people there to celebrate his life and to honor his memory.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

"The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

I'm so glad that your Uncle has finally come home TripleA!

Welcome home Cpl. Smith. Welcome home.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates