Identified! CA - Joshua Tree, HispFem set on fire, Aug'10 - Argelia Hernandez Caceres

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Murdered Woman Found Burning in Joshua Tree
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-murdered-woman-jushua-tree,0,6231035.story

2917939510045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Vital Stats:
Hispanic Female
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 145
Hair: Dark and Wavy
Clothing: Dark Blue 'Wilson' brand athletic pants(size medium) and a matching jacket, black ribbed tank top, a blue denim baseball hat, and red and gold stud earrings

JOSHUA TREE-- Authorities are trying to identify a woman who was murdered and dumped off a desert highway, then set on fire.

On Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 5:54 a.m., a driver in the area of Highway 62 and Hollinger Road reported a fire south of the roadway and what appeared to be a burning body, according to Sheriff-Coroner Rod Hoops of the San Bernardino Co. Sheriff's Dept.

When the fire was extinguished, deputies and fire personnel found a body.

Investigators believe the victim was murdered elsewhere and then transported to the location and set on fire.

She may not be from the local area and is possibly from a surrounding county or Arizona, according to Hoops.

The body was found approximately 100 yards from the highway and less than a half mile from the California Highway Patrol Office.

The vicitm is believed to have been a Hispanic woman about 5 feet 1 inch tall weighing 145 pounds. She had dark wavy hair and was wearing dark blue 'Wilson' brand athletic pants(size medium) and a matching jacket.

She was also wearing a black ribbed tank top, a blue denim baseball hat, and red and gold stud earrings.

Authorities believe she may have been a missing person and are strongly encouraging people to contact local authorities if someone in their family is missing.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is urged to contact detectives at (909)387-3589.

Bump. Here is her NamUs page:

NamUs UP #7711
https://identifyus.org/cases/7711

I feel like this would have been the first person they checked because of the demographics and geography, but is there any possibility that this could be Oralia Paz?

NamUs MP #6858: Oralia Francisco Paz
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6858/

However, I found her MySpace (unless there's more than one Oralia Paz in Palmdale with a brother named Erick), and her most recent update is after the date she was reported missing, although a week before the Jane Doe was found in Joshua Tree.

Carl, the listed case manager is David Van Norman, whom I know you've contacted in the past; do you think it would be worth asking him about this (and if so, would you be willing to be the one to contact him)?

You should drop him an e-mail.

He prefers that you don't go into a big explanation of why you think it's a match. Just include a link to Oralia's NamUs page, and the UID's NamUs page, and ask whether they have been compared.

He usually responds pretty quickly.

I don't mind doing it if you don't want to, but really - he's a pretty easy guy to deal with.

I wish we could see Oralia's teeth. It would be an easy comparison if you could.

I wish we could see Oralia's teeth. It would be an easy comparison if you could.

Yes, agreed — I was hoping that she'd have a MySpace or something with a smiling photo.

Thanks, didn't know if David Van Norman preferred to deal with familiar folks. I'll send him an e-mail tonight.

Response was very fast and courteous. Oralia Paz is explicitly ruled out via prints.

Mr. Van Norman and his colleagues were able to confirm that Ms. Paz is still alive. Her case cannot be closed for technical/legal reasons, which they are aware is frustratingly misleading. :)

No age estimation yet for UID?

Monica Ordonez: height, weight are close, front teeth have a large gap, nose and face shape similar

she's missing from IL, but she could have runaway to Cali...

Monica Ordonez

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: March 8, 2010 from Olympia Fields, Illinois
# Classification: Endangered Runaway
# Date Of Birth: July 21, 1993
# Age: 16
# Height: 5'2"
# Weight: 130 lbs
# Hair Color: Black
# Eye Color: Brown
# Race: Hispanic
# Gender: Female
# Case Number: NCMC1142929

Details of Disappearance
Monica may travel to the Midway area of Chicago, Illinois.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Will County Sheriff's Office
(815) 727-8575
or
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Attachments

• ordonez_monica.jpg
    ordonez_monica.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
Just noticed that NamUs puts her age estimation as 18-35
Monica would have turned 17 in July, still close enough to consider

Her teeth are visible enough to see that although she has a gap between her two front teeth (8 and 9), she doesn't have gaps elsewhere.

The one thing that is pretty clear about Jane Doe is that the gaps were not just between her 7 and 8, but also between 7 and 8, and between 9 and 10 as well.

the angle of her head makes it hard to determine other gaps, and if she was badly burned, the tissue loss could make gaps seems more pronounced. Looking at the very unusual angle of her 2 front teeth make me suspect that if she was facing the camera the gaps would be on both sides of 7-8

2917939510045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Vital Stats:
Hispanic Female
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 145
Hair: Dark and Wavy
Clothing: Dark Blue 'Wilson' brand athletic pants(size medium) and a matching jacket, black ribbed tank top, a blue denim baseball hat, and red and gold stud earrings

JOSHUA TREE-- Authorities are trying to identify a woman who was murdered and dumped off a desert highway, then set on fire.

On Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 5:54 a.m., a driver in the area of Highway 62 and Hollinger Road reported a fire south of the roadway and what appeared to be a burning body, according to Sheriff-Coroner Rod Hoops of the San Bernardino Co. Sheriff's Dept. ...

The victim was IDENTIFIED as Argelia Hernandez Caceres, via nucDNA.

... according to NamUs:

https://identifyus.org/cases/7711

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong